Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now if we could get Archie to curse, his employees to get some tattoo's and turn their hats around backwards, this would be perfect-- MADE FOR TV material. And of course we would also need that 20 YO model running around in the background. Speed Channel here we come.
I love these build threads.
Just a bump too.
Thanks Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 01-19-2006).]

IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Now if we could get Archie to curse, his employees to get some tattoo's and turn their hats around backwards, this would be perfect-- MADE FOR TV material. And of course we would also need that 20 YO model running around in the background. Speed Channel here we come.
Just a bump too.
Thanks Gary

How about American Fiero? on Discovery Channel
FierosinKY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosinKYSend a Private Message to FierosinKYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Just a bump too.
Thanks Gary

Y'all do the work, and I'll run around with the hot 20 YearOld girl in the Background

Mike

[This message has been edited by FierosinKY (edited 01-20-2006).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bizzityump. Anything new happen? that last post creaped me out a little.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
word. I think they need to make a like "fiero build off" show for discovery channel as fieros > dumb motorcycles
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie any updates before I go out of town? Off to Arizona tomorrow.
Shibbypoopalot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShibbypoopalotSend a Private Message to ShibbypoopalotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierosinKY:

Y'all do the work, and I'll run around with the hot 20 YearOld girl in the Background

Mike

HULK MAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!
Ha, kidding. Archie, let's see some more progress!!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about several days of progress in one day?

Installing the hood scooper thingie.........

It's glued down to the hood ribs here....... We've removed the top hood skin & laft the underside ribs in place like we did with the decklid.

After fiberglassing both sides of the hood, the filling begins.

Here is the inside of the hood before fiberglassing & before any filler.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
About to FGlass the rear clip together, this will be glassed on the outside, then on the inside that once again on the outside.

Back to the decklid. It'll take a lot of glassing & sanding etc. etc. to get this thing straight & pretty. This decklid is the extreme of the Fiero world. We are installing a wing made by Sage FG (some of the best FGlass I've evern seen) & We're installing a vent system that has to be as thin, warped & deformed as any glass I've ever seen.

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Back to the decklid. It'll take a lot of glassing & sanding etc. etc. to get this thing straight & pretty. This decklid is the extreme of the Fiero world. We are installing a wing made by Sage FG (some of the best FGlass I've evern seen) & We're installing a vent system that has to be as thin, warped & deformed as any glass I've ever seen.

Looking good Archie.
If you saw any of my widebody build thread you heard me say over and over how the glass work that Ted does is just incredable. with all the angles, nooks and crannys involved in this bodywork it's simply amazing how he avoids the creation of air pockets.
Are you gona open up those wheel wells and put some man size rubber on this car?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking great Archie. The boys at the UAW and USW would love this build.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ544:

Looking good Archie.
If you saw any of my widebody build thread you heard me say over and over how the glass work that Ted does is just incredable. with all the angles, nooks and crannys involved in this bodywork it's simply amazing how he avoids the creation of air pockets.
Are you gona open up those wheel wells and put some man size rubber on this car?

Yes I just wish I could find someone as good as Ted around here.

Yes, we are going to open up the wheel wells just as you have described on your thread. I've done it that years ago but I've never seen it explained as well as you did in your thread.

Thanks

Archie

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Installing the hood scooper thingie.........

Archie

Is that a Rockcrawl hood vent? If not where might I find one?

Thanks!

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2006 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by helmet1978:

Is that a Rockcrawl hood vent? If not where might I find one?

Thanks!

No its from Driven Visions, its the Extreme Extractor Hood Scoop
http://www.drivenvisions.com/onlinecatalog.html

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

No its from Driven Visions, its the Extreme Extractor Hood Scoop
http://www.drivenvisions.com/onlinecatalog.html

Thanks man..your car is looking sweet!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by helmet1978:

Thanks man..your car is looking sweet!

Glad to hellp.. IIf you need more info just send a PM. BTW hotell webtv sucks!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am drooling just waiting to see this car anywhere even close to completion.

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a little update today........

I finally have PIP working on my shop PC.

There was a little change of plans when we went to opening up the wheel wells. Earlier I had said that we were going to do it just as Russ had done it in his thread. I still think that the method Russ described so well is a good way to do it, however, we decided to do it a bit differently after all.

The IMSA body (along with some other body kits like my Fino & Finale) have what I call a wheel well liner return on the insides of the wheel wells. Now on my Fino & Finale kits, we don't have to open up the wheel well to put on big wide tires, but on the IMSA you have to open them up.

On the picture below the red "X"'s indicate the area I call the wheel well liner returns. They allow you to uns a stock Fiero wheel well liner without modifying the liners. We wanted to open up the wheel wells but still retain the ability to use the stock wheel well liners.

So we marked off the area we wanted to remove on the lip while still retaining the returns. You can see where we drilled a couple of holes from the inside to mark the area where the returns were on the inside. that way we could cut the lips off & keep the return area where it belongs.

The lips we cut off looked like this.........

The cut Wheel wells look like this........

I'll show you what we did next in a few minutes........

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-27-2006).]

DOHC_SWAPPER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2006 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DOHC_SWAPPERSend a Private Message to DOHC_SWAPPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you forgot a T in HTTP.... there you go

[This message has been edited by DOHC_SWAPPER (edited 01-27-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then we took a strip of sheet metal & with a few self tapping sheet metal screws installed it in the wheel well Archie (<~~~ I know I did that on purpose)

Then we laid up fiberglass on the inside.......

Then, the next day, we removed the sheet metal.......

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats going to look great with the right set of rims Archie.
PFF
System Bot
Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your method of enlarging the wheelwells should work fine. I never had any returns on my WB kit as when I ordered it I knew I was going to cut the wheelwells for larger rubber so I told Ted he didn't need to even build any returns. either method.. the end result should be similar.

lookin good.

[This message has been edited by Russ544 (edited 01-28-2006).]

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really good! That thing is going to be so low and wide, it's ridiculous!

------------------

FORMERLY KNOWN AS: sqoach

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you think? The perfect rim for the Perfect Union.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those would make this ride totally unbelieveable !!

Go for it !!

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're installing a vent system that has to be as thin, warped & deformed as any glass I've ever seen.

Is this the one that's made in taiwan?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Is this the one that's made in taiwan?

yes it’s the one. needs a lot of work. not for the faint of hart.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you think? The perfect rim for the Perfect Union.

Yeah, those look pretty good.

Are they made in America?

Archie

Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie: I'll have to admit this is one of your better ideas. I always thought an imsa body [ wide body ] and a chop top would be the ultimate, but an 85, oh well. Keep up the good work. I'll be following this closely

------------------
85 GT 3.4
Auto 3.08
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60"

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, those look pretty good.

Are they made in America?

Archie

From HRE web site:

the good
"HRE's pursuit began in the 1970s as a small American auto racing equipment company embarking on a multi-decade journey of innovation in high performance wheel design."

the bad
"Wheel manufacturing is done in Japan; wheels are imported to the US."

so i will have to give it a 50/50. ha ha ha

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you'll find that most wheels are imported.

haha, right now I want to take one of those Blue & Yellow UAW round symbols and make a Sad face out of it.

Archie

But, instead I'll just post some more pictures..............

From HRE web site:

the good
"HRE's pursuit began in the 1970s as a small American auto racing equipment company embarking on a multi-decade journey of innovation in high performance wheel design."

the bad
"Wheel manufacturing is done in Japan; wheels are imported to the US."

so i will have to give it a 50/50. ha ha ha

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excuse me, I need to be alone for a moment.........
That looks awesome Archie!
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[Sesame Street voice] ... one of these things is not like the other... lol
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anybody else getting little red boxes ???
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I'm enjoying the show...
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie:

Did you decide to reinforce the back of the decklid vent? If so how do you plan on diong it? I'm installing one these too.

Thanks
Nolan

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Archie:

Did you decide to reinforce the back of the decklid vent? If so how do you plan on diong it? I'm installing one these too.

Thanks
Nolan

When we fiberglassed the underside of the vent to the Fiero decklid we ended up glassing 2 layers over the underside of the whole vent area too. See my last post on the 1st page of this thread for pictures.

Archie

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie, I had seen that but thought you were considering adding some Re-Rod.

Thanks
Nolan

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock