Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367709 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
When Curly likes an Idea he can be relentless, just ask Jscott1 and FierociousGT

Oooo Yes, he can...

EDIT: I own this page...

Image has been update per request on OCT 25, 2007

Hmmm.. so bikinis are out too...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-25-2007).]

IP: Logged
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I pmed funnywheels, and he had said that the mirrors are usually made by Delphi, and he suspects that a good GM diagram should work out..... Other than that he doesn't have an idea, although he also said they are probably fairly easy to wire up... I do remember that funnywheels used a firebird actuator, the part that sits behind the mirror glass, so maybe you could go that route?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Peek-a-boo...I see VDI doors in the back ground, hehe.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All these parts/shapes blend together really nice....good work !
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'll take some pics of it by Monday.

That car is for sale real cheap.

The car isn't caved in. The builder did a real good job of welding 2 Fieros together with a boxed framework that's a straight as an arrow. The only thing that I would have done differently is to use 3 Fiero roof sections instead of 2. The Forward section of the rear Fiero & the back section of the front Fiero dip down because of their original roof lines. The dip down in the gap between the 2 roofs makes it look like it's not straight.

Archie

post some pictures of it up on the whats up at archies thread, i dont wanna get too sidetracked from troyboys thread,

by the way, those mirrors look awsome troy, hopefully my brother will get his house finished in the next 12 months so we can put the monster fish tank up, he's already using all the bioballs in another tank but it just isnt the same.

matthew

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:
by the way, those mirrors look awsome troy, hopefully my brother will get his house finished in the next 12 months so we can put the monster fish tank up, he's already using all the bioballs in another tank but it just isnt the same.

matthew

Thanks, BTW I going to let my 180 reef ready go, With my 2nd child on the way I'll have no time for it.

Note: the 2nd child is not the car, the car is the mistre$$ .
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, BTW I going to let my 180 reef ready go, With my 2nd child on the way I'll have no time for it.

Note: the 2nd child is not the car, the car is the mistre$$ .

how much you asking for the 180?

my brother almost has me convinced to put a tank up, but i want to find one atleast 2' wide, id prefer a 4x4x2 tank (two foot tall four foot square) but thats nearly impossible, also i wanted fresh water, i want to have pacu's, they can get quite large.

matthew

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:
i want to have pacu's, they can get quite large.

Sorry to get off topic, but DON'T DO IT. Pacus can grow to over 3 feet. They are a very active and nervous fish. I had one grow to 34" in a 750 gallon tank (hex tank, 48" high, 72" across) before I managed to find a suitable home for him. When he would get excited, we were worried he would go thru the glass. Once they get large, public aquariums won't take them because of how common they are, and private aquariums aren't big enough. I got lucky and found the Newport Aquarium as they were opening up...my Pacu was the first fish in their 100,000 gallon Amazon display.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Sorry to get off topic, but DON'T DO IT.

----------------> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/047652.html
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Doors on!!! Waiting on video clip.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll post the video to UTube tonight.

But Curley is leaving work in about an hour & he can't survive without pictures ASAP.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll post the video to UTube tonight.

But Curley is leaving work in about an hour & he can't survive without pictures ASAP.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop that! ...
Now im going to have to redo my car .....
Trying to keep up with the joanes is getting much harder... lol
Chuck

Troy.. I have a new cutting torch... can i help work on your car... can i, can i
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MotorTV:

Troy.. I have a new cutting torch... can i help work on your car... can i, can i

Go for it lets brake that torch in.
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdj0f7UE8FI

I love the smile on his face after he shuts the door, priceless!
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go for it lets brake that torch in.

Hmmmm... A torch... Your car... Me... Bahahahaha
I could be a star of your own "Bad Kitty" vid....

Chuck
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good video.... But why is he walking like he just got off riding a horse... maybe he's a Cowboy?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-20-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

good video.... But why is he walking like he just got off riding a horse... maybe he's a Cowboy?

careful fierocious, that be the same guy that's working on your car!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's kinda shy.

But he folds up well, at 6'4" & he fits in a chop top.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's kinda shy.
Archie

Holy cow 6'4" and fits in a choptop! Wow I thought 6"1' was the max size for a choptop. Ride 'Em Cowboy!

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-20-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He must be walking that way because he's really excited? I know I would be...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy. How much of a rear gap do you have on the rear fender lip/rim for clearance? 2 or three fingers?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Troy. How much of a rear gap do you have on the rear fender lip/rim for clearance? 2 or three fingers?

2 of my fingers so lets say 2.5 for the average person.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will anything be done to fix that? I assume thats from scraping the ground.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Will anything be done to fix that? I assume thats from scraping the ground.

Actually the paint rubbed off of it from rubbing against something that was in Troy's trailer we he transported it here last trip.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-26-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie new ideas and pic sent. Check your email
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie new ideas and pic sent. Check your email

The pics didn't come thru. Please email them again to Archie@v8archie.com

A
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy, give me a call tomorrow when/if you can.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's next Archie?
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm.. so bikinis are out too...

She would be a great addition to the Girls with Fieros thread.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's next Archie?

Taking a chunk of transmission case over to the plater on Monday for a little test plating to make sure it's compatable with that material.

& get ahold of 300Below to make some arraingements.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taking a chunk of transmission case over to the plater on Monday for a little test plating to make sure it's compatable with that material.

& get ahold of 300Below to make some arraingements.

Archie

The 1st test of the plating on the test part wasn't a huge success but another section he tested came out good. So taking another test pc. over tomorrow.

Aluminium is real tricky to plate & I don't want to test on a whole transmission all at once.

Meanwhile, these parts are out 300Below for Cyro right now.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Meanwhile, these parts are out 300Below for Cyro right now.

Archie

Can you cyro the axles? Would that be of any benefit? They would be the next weak link, right?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy
If it was my car I would not want the axles super strong,
It would be easier and more cost effective to replace axles than transmissions.....
Just my .02 cents
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Troyboy
It would be easier and more cost effective to replace axles than transmissions.....
Just my .02 cents

^^^^^^ agreed

matthew
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The axles shafts are Case hardened about .400" deep. The center core is soft.

I'll call them next week to see what that combination will do when Cryro'ed but I don't expect it to be a good thing.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Troyboy
Just my .02 cents

I agree,
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's kinda shy.

Archie

he must have a short torso.. i cant fit in a choptop to save my life, and im only 6'2".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock