Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367709 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

Looks great!

My question is can you even see out of the rear window? It looks like the spoiler (which kicks @ss) will get in the way. Am I wrong on this?

All is clear using the Camero bow-tie wing which, besides the great looks, visability was one of the benefits of using it. The original or the stock wing would have been a issues.

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy,

Just wanted to say how much i enjoyed meeting you at Daytona.

As awesome as your car was i have to say i was more impressed by you as a person. Just a really genuine guy, and there are not to many people like that out there.

(L to R, Troyboy, Me aka exoticse, Jscott1)

Looking forward to meeting up with you and hopefully Curly again at the Choptop reunion 2 !!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the kind words Tony, I had a blast at Daytona and It was mostly due to all of the great people that I had the chance to meet. I hope to see you and the Daytona crew at upcoming shows and events.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New tips for the Union,

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

New tips for the Union,

Can you get a sound clip before and after?
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow thats beautiful!!
BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...that's pretty.

------------------

lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, the car looks better than great. I've been gone a while...any decisions on color that i missed? Timeline? And by the way....i think i speak for all of us here, in case it wasnt already said, that some good videos with good sound would be soooo perfect to cap off this build once completed. Heck, i'd even BUY a well made video, ala Motor Trend TV style. Have a good one!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks great so far... any updates?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie are the new tips on? I'm trying to set a pickup date for the end of the month, or first week in may.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-13-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the AC314B's on yet?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-20-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Are the AC314B's on yet?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're putting the tips in now. The tips are a bit taller than the opening, so we're modifying the rear facia exhaust openings right now.

Pics soon.

Archie
NOSPOWERV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NOSPOWERV6Send a Private Message to NOSPOWERV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Where did you get the brackets for the C5 calipers? Did you made them? If so how much or where can I get some.

Thanks Art.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOSPOWERV6:

Archie,

Where did you get the brackets for the C5 calipers? Did you made them? If so how much or where can I get some.

Thanks Art.

The C5 Fiero brake set-up are made by Design 1 Systems.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

We're putting the tips in now. The tips are a bit taller than the opening, so we're modifying the rear facia exhaust openings right now.

Pics soon.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are some in process pictures of the new exhaust opening. Remember that there is some filling & shaping that we have to do yet.

Archie

Troy, give me a call tomorrow if you can.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few pics of the new exhaust tips & remolded rear bumper exhaust openings.

Anyone who's been reading PFF for the last 6 weeks or so knows that the Perfect Union was the most photographed car at the Daytona Show.

Troy has decided to delay his picking up of his car at our place until the Dells Show is over. Which leads me to announce here that Troy & his wife will be driving in to attend the Dells Show & we will be showing The Perfect Union at that show too.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone who's been reading PFF for the last 6 weeks or so knows that the Perfect Union was the most photographed car at the Daytona Show.

Troy has decided to delay his picking up of his car at our place until the Dells Show is over. Which leads me to announce here that Troy & his wife will be driving in to attend the Dells Show & we will be showing The Perfect Union at that show too.

Archie

haha yes, it will be all one color.

The interior will not be finished because Curley has someone else that's going to do the interior. He also has someone else doing the bigger brakes & suspension. But the exterior of the car will be presentable. Curley plans to have some more tweeking to the exterior of the car after the Dells show & before he picks it up in September at the Chop Top Reunion.

Archie

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, are you going to Carlisle this year? Maybe you can take so us North Eastern state guys can see it.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Archie, are you going to Carlisle this year? Maybe you can take so us North Eastern state guys can see it.

After the dells "The Perfect Union" will make it's way home to L.I. New York. I will make many trips to CT to see friends off of rt.684 and rt.84.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, cool. You used the ones similar to those. They look good. I didn't realize the size would be off that much from the opening, but it looks like Archie & crew did a great job of making the tips look like they belong there.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW that looks nice!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie can you post sound clips of the exhaust with the new tips?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie can you post sound clips of the exhaust with the new tips?

I'll try to do that tomorrow, I'll have to do it indoors though as we have the car torn apart for other work.

Archie
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when you are in CT and where. Maybe when can get together to see your car.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Can you get a sound clip before and after?

before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqfdD9Fwcvk

After : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5tJYh28Sw
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Troy! Sounds great
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sound like a completely different car. What a difference. Thats money well spent. Beautiful work everyone.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2007 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, that sounds just like it sounded when I recorded it today.

I recorded it on my digital camera & it came out pretty good.

I guess I gotta figure out how to post videos up on youtube so I can do this more often.

If I can figure out how to post the videos, Then I'll have to post some videos of the test drives.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update for those that care.

We put the engine in this car more than a year ago. We've had it running for a long time & have moved it in & out of the shop many times. I even drove the car around a little at the Daytona Show.

We never had a chance to really start doing the official test driving of the car, because the body has always been in some state of transition from ugly duckling to what we have today.

But today was the day, we finally started doing the official test driving today. Got in about 20 miles & all is right with the world.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We never had a chance to really start doing the official test driving of the car, because the body has always been in some state of transition from ugly duckling to what we have today.

But today was the day, we finally started doing the official test driving today. Got in about 20 miles & all is right with the world.

Archie

(grumpy ole man says) Pics and comments darn it!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-16-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a little update for those that care.

We put the engine in this car more than a year ago. We've had it running for a long time & have moved it in & out of the shop many times. I even drove the car around a little at the Daytona Show.

Archie

Wow how did I miss this post? Please do tell, well only if it's good news
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats new Archie ? any updates? Only 1 week before the Dells!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whats new Archie ? any updates? Only 1 week before the Dells!!

It's all good.

We got the new A/C compressor today & installed it & it works fine.

I took it for an extended ride today & it feels good. Got the guys working tomorrow to get ready for the Dell's weekend.

The only thing, left to do on that car is to put some screens in the vents/scoops where you want them.

Give me a call or drop me an email on that subject as soon as you can.

Archie
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2007 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie:

If you have time I'd be interested in seeing how you attach the screens to the intakes and scoops.

Thanks
Nolan
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump. Because---good threads should never die.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
(Depends wearing gumpy ole' man says') Dang nab bit Archie, how'd bout' some new pickn's? We ain't getting any younger ya know, hehe.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, the guy called & the trailer will be here this afternoon.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock