Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks pretty friggin unbelievable.

I say leave the whale tail, it looks awesome.

------------------

IP: Logged
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I see your point, but it would still need at least a lip like on curlys #15

I think it would look cool to chop the whale tale on it now, if I wasn't lazy I'd do a photo shop for you.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

I lied, boredom overcame laziness.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bitchin!

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

That looks pretty friggin unbelievable.

I say leave the whale tail, it looks awesome.

The Union will have both, when the car is painted both deck lids will be painted. On the second deck lid with the "stock wing" I will have the deck lid painted with out the wing first. This should allow it to be removable for three different looks : whale tail, "stock wing", and no wing( I will just have to deal with the holes).
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I lied, boredom overcame laziness.

That whail tail chop looks sweet, but I think Archie would send me and the union packing before he touches the first lid again.....he,he,he
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mean to float my own boat, but thats just to bad, thats got to be the best looking of the rest of the Ideas.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to fourpoint9 the union now has a new paint scheme : Now time to choose just one.

tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the bottom one.
I like your Idea of the removable wing. I don;t really like that whaletail, maybe a different style one woudl work. the stock wing looks 100x better from the back and side, but looks too wide from the top. well wide in the front to back not side to side.
the wing trimmed down , outter edge stock, sweeping to the center cut down about 1/3 taken off the leading edge might look better. maybe I photochop something tomorrow.

and as for the pearl yellow......no. stick with the pearl orange. keep it unique. no offense to all the yellow fiero lovers, I like yellow fiero's but there are too many of them out there, and this should stand alone....
I already had my coworker make me photochop the pic of mine to yellow to pointout how much better it looks. I've had yellow cars, and I think there are better choices, especially for one with such distinctive lines.

carolinajoe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carolinajoeClick Here to visit carolinajoe's HomePageSend a Private Message to carolinajoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Because when it pulls up alongside of you, 3 big guys are going to jump out a strike a Pose for you.............

I guess I am the only one
But, how did you get 3 Big Guys in there?????? LOL

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carolinajoe:

I guess I am the only one
But, how did you get 3 Big Guys in there?????? LOL

I was wondering when someone would ask that.

Sometimes I say things like that or post a picture that doesn't go with the rest just to see if anyone is watching or reading.

You win the "I'm Awake" award for today. Which gets you nothing except the pride of knowing that you're on the ball.

Also notice that the 3 big guys aren't all that big.

But it was a clever way to get Kris, Rob & Mark's pictures in this thread.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-30-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there has been many hours of work and many mods changed over the course of the build.
But I think the wing, spoiler, no wing could be that the stock wing and the whale tail spoiler seem small due to the body being wider. Probably an option would be to widen them. This would give the rear view a much better low and wide look. Right now you have a wide body and a thinner width spoiler/wing it seems to take away from the flow of the car. Almost a "stuck-on" appearence. With the wider wing it draws you back to the original concept of low and wide. As for the side view, Moving the wing to the back edge of the decklid would make it seem longer instead of "stubbed" at the rear.

Not sure if it could be done with the whale tail, But here's what the stock wing would look like widened:

Here is the original pic for comparison:

Even though they are the same pic, Notice how the bottom pic makes the car look thinner/taller?

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 12-30-2006).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Here is a photoshop of the whale tail widened:

And the original for comparison:

You know, after looking at the rear pics I posted, The stock wing widened looks the best to me. I generally like the whale tails but on this car, The widened stock wing appears to have much better flow.
Of course this is just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 12-30-2006).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with troyboy, put that stock wing up a little higher. Need some jazz to go with a really sharp car.

The front looks really nice too.
Member in Good Standing
Teamsters Local 747

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-30-2006).]

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please dont raise the wing, its the ugliest thing Ive ever seen and makes me want to vomit every time I see one. Your car doesnt deserve to be treated like that.

The best looking option would be to use the OE wing, add 2" to the width, LOWER the wing 1.5" and move it back 3". Photoshop anyone?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geezs, there's a lot of ways to go with this latest pipe-modification. I like Orief's idea of the use of cutting out a section of a stock Fiero wing (2-4"?) making it wider (Lf & Rt) but if I may add...I'd use something along the lines of #011 and make it wider or tweek the existing wing by reducing it's height and adding extentions on the ends?

Either way, it's Troy's decision but, like both styles.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Please dont raise the wing, its the ugliest thing Ive ever seen and makes me want to vomit every time I see one. Your car doesnt deserve to be treated like that.

The best looking option would be to use the OE wing, add 2" to the width, LOWER the wing 1.5" and move it back 3". Photoshop anyone?

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-30-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

can you raise the wing to 5" with the wing tip extintions. this way we can see both ways.

Thanks, you guys are great!!

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 12-30-2006).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking awesome. Just a question..... is this the final ride height and stance?
The color is what is really gonna make a difference, this is a hard decision because you have a lot to consider. Yellow in my opinion would look good, but be a little too mellow for a car like this. I am a little bias, but I would advice on the pearl orange...hehe .Its my favorite.

[

Go orange!

Alex
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

can you raise the wing to 5" with the wing tip extintions. this way we can see both ways.

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After every option Ive seen, this is the personal favorite. The lowered OE spoiler looks good to, but this just looks like it belongs there. I think Arch would live if you changed it for the better, one last time
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Go orange!

Alex

Why must you make it so hard for me to keep my comments to myself?
I really do like the color but I could never live with it on a fiero.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love those wheels ..what are they? Can you give me any info on the size spacing and if they are available?

oh BTW the car is awesome !

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 12-30-2006).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, this didn;t quite come out as I wanted, but i wanted to keep the same pic in the original and modified forms from the same angle.
top is stock pic, middle, I raised the wing about 3" and followed the line back, also added a little rake to it. just looks too big .
the bottom one gave me fits as the original pic was grainy, so I lost what I wanted to do, but use a more elegant refined wing than the stock one. moved back, and thinned thru the center, with a slight bit of rake and a lip on the trailing edge was how I wanted it, but to keep it all in line with the original, it got kinda lost when I put it back on the car,

[This message has been edited by tjm4fun (edited 12-30-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think a curved edge like that matches the lines of the car.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jmbishop

4484 posts
Member since Jul 2006

I'm staring to like wingless best.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All these great ideas..... I need a drink. Hey Archie you mite as well have a drink too..he he he your going to need it.

Thanks for all the input, now time to sort it all out.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think a curved edge like that matches the lines of the car.

You're right. I didn;t want the curve to be so drastic, I squared it off, and tweaked the edges more. I was going for matching the rear edge with th bumper, and a more angular line to the outer edges, but you can;t sse that in that pic due to the angle. the outter edges coming foward gives a more aggressive stance. I;ve seen one very close to what I am thinking of, but can;t for the life of me remember where. given a choice, tho I would go with a wing or clean, whaletails just don't do anything for me.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guess i will throw my two cents in as well.

Troy, no question the stock wing looks good, but IMO it's been done before (and will probably be done again ahem,...) and your car is unique and super tweeked, so my recommendation would be to go with the wing you already had on there and tweek it like madcurl suggested.

PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All these great ideas..... I need a drink. Hey Archie you mite as well have a drink too..he he he your going to need it.

Thanks for all the input, now time to sort it all out.

Archie,

I'm sorry for what I started
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

It is probably just me, but lower makes it look like a dog with its tail stuck between its legs, afraid of the world. If you mean you hate the ricer wings that stick up 2 feet, I agree, they look silly. I'm talking a wing like Proud One. It is very tastefully done and looks good. And the idea of having several to choose from depending on your mood that day is great if you can afford it. I bet he can.
diabloscott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloscottSend a Private Message to diabloscottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stretch?
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloscott:
stretch?

Nice! Looks like there is room for a V12 now!
The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2007 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love those lights
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay tuned, Flying out to Archie's this week to make the final decision: to wing or not to wing? or maybe something totally new........

But for now how about a pic of the union when she arrived at Archie’s 13 months ago.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stay tuned, Flying out to Archie's this week to make the final decision: to wing or not to wing? or maybe something totally new........

How about chopping that antenna? It looks like it's taller than the body from the bottom of the skirt to the roofline.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Independent of how you feel about raised wings, a chop top has about 4 inches of rear window to look through and the stock spoiler will be right in the middle of that. Raising it 3 inches, (for a total of 5 inches) is the only way to be able to see out the back, (short of removing the spoiler alltogether). Given that raising it performs a valuable function, I would not call that rice.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, my chop lost its spoiler, but is about to gain a Camero spoiler.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock