Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 48)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367710 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh page, fresh paint!

Well, a little progress tonight.......

I wanted to get a couple of color coats on the clip and get into the hard to reach areas.

Color looks fabulous!

Mark the paint guy ( using a roller tonight )

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 09-23-2008).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is hot !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good Mark, Rollers!!!!! you promised me that you were only going to use a paint brush. .
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now that is what I am talking about!
looks Gerat!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

rustoleum is best applied with a roller
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh page, fresh paint!

I wanted to get a couple of color coats on the clip and get into the hard to reach areas.

Color looks fabulous!

To do a pearl job right you need to spray all the panels together as if they where on the car, otherwise the paint won't settle the same, the pearl won't reflect the same off each panel and can look patchy sometimes.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

To do a pearl job right you need to spray all the panels together as if they where on the car, otherwise the paint won't settle the same, the pearl won't reflect the same off each panel and can look patchy sometimes.

Man, you can't even wait until the car is finished before you start complaining about it's fit and finish. Lets see some pictures of your great talent.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure Mark knows what he is doing.
the paint looks great and I am sure Troy has a show winner on his hands.
I can't wait to see this car thgether. I want to see Troy do a big smoky burnout threw Archie's parking lot to leave his mark!
HA HA!
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:
Man, you can't even wait until the car is finished before you start complaining about it's fit and finish. Lets see some pictures of your great talent.

You're reading way too much into his comment. As I read it (and I'm sure others did as well), he made a general comment in regards to pearl paint jobs. No where did he say, "You're doing it wrong." He only suggested painting all of the panels at once to get an even spread of pearl. Nothing more, nothing less. Would you have accepted the comment easier of Roger or someone else made it?

You've defended so many bashing threads that your defenses are on auto-pilot.

Mark's doing a fine job and I'm sure his skin isn't so thin that he can't read a few constructive comments. In my opinion (not that it matters ) There was nothing negative in the post from jmbishop.

Mark...please continue with the picture show. We can't wait to see this car come together.
FieroGTRwideboby

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, this forum has dropped a couple notches in the maturity level. The stuff I see happening here was happening 6 years ago on Honda forums. Its sad when a person can't voice an opinion at all. There was nothing negative stated above....its clearly a fact of the job. When spraying pearl body panels need to be in close proximity. We all need to take a chill pill and enjoy the work Mark is doing. This is one of the reasons I rarely post anymore, why can't we all just play nice?

And when it comes to calling people out on talent, its not such a good idea, they may surprise you. Remember that! I'm 21 and I surprised a few people.

Now lets all enjoy Troy's car.
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that color looks very close to my friends RX7. i think its a tangerine pearl HOK color. looks very very sharp!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

Seriously, this forum has dropped a couple notches in the maturity level. The stuff I see happening here was happening 6 years ago on Honda forums. Its sad when a person can't voice an opinion at all. There was nothing negative stated above....its clearly a fact of the job. When spraying pearl body panels need to be in close proximity. We all need to take a chill pill and enjoy the work Mark is doing. This is one of the reasons I rarely post anymore, why can't we all just play nice?

And when it comes to calling people out on talent, its not such a good idea, they may surprise you. Remember that! I'm 21 and I surprised a few people.

Now lets all enjoy Troy's car.

Well spoken Alex

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 09-26-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now since that's cleared, how about some pictures. I've been in the trash can all day and now I need some thing clean to look at.

While your at it, can resize them and make them bigger?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-26-2008).]

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 3?

I don't think so, to the top.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2008 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pictures...less talking...

C'mon Mark pony up with some pic's
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark, Time for a weekly update .

While we wait I have a funny story : I tell my wife that I must go on a crash diet, and she replies : is it because of your heart condition? I reply no. Is it because your going to listen to your doctor? I reply no. Is it because of your high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, I reply no. She finally says, I give up why?

first I show her this :

I then show her a thread on PFF with this link:

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

check it out, think about this next time you see a lambo kit fiero
http://myspacetv.com/index....ual&videoid=43149049

First she laughed so hard I thought she was going to piss her self , but then she stopped and smacked me in the head.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am happy to drive it around for you until you lose the weight.

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

Tanlrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TanlratSend a Private Message to TanlratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like something my wife would do if i did the same thing roflmao
Cas88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cas88GTSend a Private Message to Cas88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy what vertical door kit did you use on the car?

Cas
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cas88GT:

Troy what vertical door kit did you use on the car?

Cas

VDI universal kit installed by Archie. the kit was 600.00 shipping included

Note price was cheap due to a large number of leftovers from a nope show

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 09-30-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

While we wait I have a funny story : I tell my wife that I must go on a crash diet, and she replies : is it because of your heart condition? I reply no. Is it because your going to listen to your doctor? I reply no. Is it because of your high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, I reply no. She finally says, I give up why?
First she laughed so hard I thought she was going to piss her self , but then she stopped and smacked me in the head.

We all have to have our prioritys!
thats funny!
I cant wait to see the car back together.
PFF
System Bot
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just curious if you did anything under the front hood to clear that extreem extractor?
I purchased one and am running into things trying to mount it lol

Pics would be nice
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by antinull.com:

I was just curious if you did anything under the front hood to clear that extreem extractor?
I purchased one and am running into things trying to mount it lol

Pics would be nice

I don't have any pics but you will have to modify the front trunk front wall. FYI The hood extractor has a major flaw, the left and right sides are not the same, it's hard to see untill you install it on to the car.
Goldenfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenfootSend a Private Message to GoldenfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im glad to hear that my extractor scoop wasnt the only one like that! I noticed it the day it got to me! Did Archies crew fix it? If so, how? I still have yet to install mine. By the way, Archie posed pics on page 2 of this thread.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Goldenfoot:

Im glad to hear that my extractor scoop wasnt the only one like that! I noticed it the day it got to me! Did Archies crew fix it? If so, how? I still have yet to install mine. By the way, Archie posed pics on page 2 of this thread.

Archies crew fixed it the seconde time around . He would have to tell you how.
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, what are your expectations of this car when it's done?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Troy, what are your expectations of this car when it's done?

Wow Erik that's a broad question, I expect to have as much fun with this car as I did with my favorite HOTWHEELS and TONKA toys . Seriously Erik I will not know the answer to your question until I drive it hard for a couple of days. The car will either get a thumbs up and go into the toybox or get a thumb down and make room for the next project next summer... a Chrysler Prowler with a Tricked out HEMI.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, well i guess ill keep my eyes out mabey some one will take a pic or two

I noticed its a little un even but i like it alot

I was going to go with a HUGE scoop but id have to cut into things, the whole point is functionality and if i remove some functional structures well, i didnt do that good of a job then lol
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two weeks and no new pics or updates???

We know your busy and all but feed us a bone or two....

Ok, waiting for pics to upload now...
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets all give him a negative for no updates!

lol im just kidding!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
edmjay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edmjaySend a Private Message to edmjayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

(and had to get it off the second page for ya...)

------------------
87 GT Stock 2.8L 5spd
86 GT Northstar 5spd

Bremertonfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BremertonfieroSend a Private Message to BremertonfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edmjay:

(and had to get it off the second page for ya...)

id love an update on this i looks like a great swap and i would love to see some instaled pics
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we all know paint and body is a slow go but we all would like to see some more in progress pic's.
paint is always the hardest part of a project. because it means it is getting close to done and you can't wait to get it back and drive it for the first time.
share something with us.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to get it off of Page 3!......We want pics!
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what excuse is next, stop playing stubborn put up some pics about time or you haven't done anymore work ???
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fresh page, fresh paint!

Color looks fabulous!

Bump for an update for the month of October

Mark check your pm's
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

I wonder what excuse is next, stop playing stubborn put up some pics about time or you haven't done anymore work ???

Hmm....excuse?

Work continues. The door jambs are finished and the body is going back together piece by piece. I'll have reassembled pics tomorrow if that's ok with everyone.

Everything is going good. I'm dropping by Archie's shop later this morning to pick up the deck lid and get that finished up and ready to spray and my schedule says that the car gets competely painted next weekend.

Troy.....call me.

Mark

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm....excuse?

Work continues. The door jambs are finished and the body is going back together piece by piece. I'll have reassembled pics tomorrow if that's ok with everyone.

Everything is going good. I'm dropping by Archie's shop later this morning to pick up the deck lid and get that finished up and ready to spray and my schedule says that the car gets competely painted next weekend.

Troy.....call me.

Mark

That's great news Mark, I look forward to tomorrows pics.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We ALL look forward to tomorrows pics.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock