Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 43)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367715 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a hard time picking out the pics, so here are 8 of them.

Archie

BTW, yes that's an RCC "A" arm.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-21-2008).]

IP: Logged
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! that must be one of them wireless setups..with 7.0 sofware
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by Archie:

BTW, yes that's an RCC "A" arm.

I wonder why you used a earlier cradle instead of an 88?

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shine is blinding! Looks Great
Gary
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to see it !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's my plane tickets, where's my plane TICKETS!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-21-2008).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!! Man is that sharp!!

But I must ask, why is the silver heat shield on the firewall over sprayed? It there a part that will cover that up?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Looking great!! Man is that sharp!!

But I must ask, why is the silver heat shield on the firewall over sprayed? It there a part that will cover that up?

A false wall ( a la Chuck ) is going to cover it up a long with the wires.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Marks attention to detail is already starting to show and the car isn't even painted yet. A+ to Mark and Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you imagine the reflextion from underside of deck lid once its painted! I like how the orange is drawn-in by the chrome. Its like being in a glass house with thousands of mirrors; you don't know where to start or end. The same for Troy's engine bay.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is BITCHIN!
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't think I was going to like all the chrome but it looks really good in there.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like a diamond in a case. Great job!
Post a video when you get it running I am sure we all want to see and hear it.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

It looks like a diamond in a case.

Bingo we have a winner! when I would describe what I wanted to curly and Archie that is what I would say to them " the diamond in a case look" I can't wait until the chrome tranny case comes in this week. (we hope)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any additional diamond pics?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Any additional diamond pics?

Nope the sparkles were not in the pictures today.

We worked on installing steering rack & fitting the P.S. lines, I know exactly what fittings I'll need to hook up the P.S. when final assembly time comes.

We came up with what I think wll be the ideal location for the Dry Sump tank & P.S. resovoir. I'll be discussing that with Troy tomorrow.

We did some preliminary work on the spot brakes, now we can make the mounting brackets for them while Mark is finishing painting on the car.

Then we got some wheels mounted on it so we could put it on the rack & start fitting the exhaust parts.

The Pypes mufflers came in today & I gotta tell you that there's one big 3" hole right thru the middle of them.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had a hard time picking out the pics, so here are 8 of them.
Archie

I counted only 7-pics. Where's the 8th one.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie did the seats arrive today?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Archie did the seats arrive today?

What seats?

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good , I see the trans case came in also
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Troy but I would hate to be you when it comes to trying to keep all that chrome clean and shiney.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it covered, I talked to one of the kids that works at a detail shop near me. A six pack and a ride to the next car show and it's covered . ( plus tip )
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing like child labor to keep a man happy. LOL Tip him well as he has a chore ahead of him.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to start working on the exhaust, what good is an LS7 if it can't breath.......

3" Mandrel pipes;

keep us posted Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

The look like Captain Kirk seats.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to start working on the exhaust, what good is an LS7 if it can't breath.......

3" Mandrel pipes;

keep us posted Archie

I like that!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to here this thing make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where did you get the little cats from?
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

They look like Magnaflow metallic cats.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

keep us posted Archie

Will do. We did get the exhaust welded up just waiting on the SS clamps so we can clamp the mufflers & tips on to it for final fitting. Then we'll be able to send the parts out for plating like we discussed when you were here.

Been welding & grinding the welds, still got some more to do.....

I also was able to measure for all the Oil Tank lines fittings & mounts & got that all ordered.

And we have been doing some fitting on the CAI.

Archie
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And we have been doing some fitting on the CAI.

Archie

MUST.....SEE.....CAI.......
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing is just plain sick! Hat's off to the owner and builders. Another incredible Fiero........ (looking at my 86 GT V8 project and dreaming of a few"changes" to my plan)....... All it takes is more green.....lol. I guess I'll have to go get that second job.... Thanks troyboy & archie....Thanks a lot.....

Pat
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, when mounting the motor in the bay, I think you mentioned that you have to "notch" the frame for the crank balancer. If this is true, have you tried to use the 5.3 FWD stuff? I noticed from the picture that it looks like GM made a smaller version of the balancer. Again, not sure if it works.

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice;

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here are some pics of the exhaust.

Note that the "Y" pipe is actually functioning as a "H" pipe.

When the clamps get in, we'll finish it up before sending it out for HTP coating.

And they said you couldn't put a full 3" diameter dual exhaust with "H" pipe, on a Fiero

We also put a bunch of stuff together on the front end of the chassis. Lower radiator mount, sway bar etc. but I forgot to take pics of that.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great update Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great update Archie

Thanks

here's a couple quick pics of the front end.

We plan to try to modify the seat rails to mount the seats today. Then we'll remove them before the car goes back for paint.

Archie
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think with all that extra power and weight, you should upgrade those swaybars to these:

HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars

Originally posted by R Runner:
HHP Front Sway Bar Kit:

HHP Rear Sway Bar Kit:

I'm sure with those fat tires, this will make it handle like it is on rails. Plus its adjustable.

Jason
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

I think with all that extra power and weight, you should upgrade those swaybars to these:

HHP is Making Sway bars Again! Front and Rear Adjustable Bars

I'm sure with those fat tires, this will make it handle like it is on rails. Plus its adjustable.

Jason

If the ones I've already purchased don't hold I'll upgrade if needed. At this point I just want the car home. Thanks for the info
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock