Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367740 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I need help locating a complete set of taillight assemblies for a 87-88 GT for a LED conversion. The the condition of the outer lens is not critical as it will be replaced before being mounted. If you have a set 4sale or know were I can locate a set please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

BTW: Archie did I forget to mention this upgrade to you.

Thank's SAGE
IP: Logged
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need help locating a complete set of taillight assemblies for a 87-88 GT for a LED conversion. The the condition of the outer lens is not critical as it will be replaced before being mounted. If you have a set 4sale or know were I can locate a set please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

BTW: Archie did I forget to mention this upgrade to you.

I've got a source I am going to check when I go into my store later today.

cowan1984

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waaaay back on page 1 or 2 - got me thinking, would that GT style IMSA widebody work on a '84 notchie as a really sweet conversion?

------------------
'84 2M4, base with 3spd auto. Hey, its a start.

Future Car - '86-87 GT, LS1/6?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'll work if you have a fastback GT rear clip & decklid. The tail light section in the back of the GT rear clip has to be glassed into the IMSA kit & you'll need a GT decklid because the IMSA body kit doesn't include one.

The IMSA kit is not a complete full body kit. You'll need to use a GT rear clip & decklid & tail lights also the kit doesn't include new door panels or hood & headlight covers.

Archie

Originally posted by cowan1984:

Waaaay back on page 1 or 2 - got me thinking, would that GT style IMSA widebody work on a '84 notchie as a really sweet conversion?

cowan1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, from the time I posted that until this post, I read 90% of this thread, and I have got to say, words simply do not do 'The Perfect Union' justice. Totally sold on you and your guys' work, Archie...simply freakin' amazing. I am now officially researching how to fiberglass. I've seen too much good stuff.

I guess the '84 just isn't a good project platform, but I've seen a few GT's around for a good price. Someday...have school to contend with first. This thread made my wallet cry.

Those headlights are totally awesome though, IMO the best part of the body. Who was it that did the celica headlights?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cowan1984:

Spooner, Wisconsin? No one knows where Spooner is! If you ever get down in the Milwaukee area, some of these cars tend to run through my garage here and there and come out nice and shiny. You're welcome to pop into New Berlin and see what kind of special Fieros might be here.

Are there actually roads in Spooner yet?

Welcome to the forum.

Mark the paint guy

------------------

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 12-12-2007).]

cowan1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowan1984Click Here to visit cowan1984's HomePageSend a Private Message to cowan1984Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Spooner, Wisconsin? No one knows where Spooner is!

Mark the paint guy

Yeah, I'm waay "up nort". small town, only fiero - kinda cool because I can officially say I have the coolest car in town...even if it is half apart and on jackstands.

after the caddy 4.9 swap and the suspension rebuild, I'll be looking for a shot of paint...so I'll keep that in mind.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever figure out what to do with an E-brake using the C5 front calipers on the rear? I really want these brakes but also need the E-brake. Any work on an aux. brake caliper and bracket? These are Design 1 brakes correct? Thanks for any help

-Tim
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

Did you ever figure out what to do with an E-brake using the C5 front calipers on the rear? I really want these brakes but also need the E-brake. Any work on an aux. brake caliper and bracket? These are Design 1 brakes correct? Thanks for any help

-Tim

I will be looking into a parking brake down the road, but for now I will just use the "R" on the 6spd . But if you must have one willwood makes one that can be used. Yes they are Design 1 brakes
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be looking into a parking brake down the road, but for now I will just use the "R" on the 6spd . But if you must have one Wilwood makes one that can be used. Yes they are Design 1 brakes

The problem with the Wilwood one is that they rattle when you're driving down the road. They are really designed for Karting & industrial use only where a mechanically operated spot brake system is needed on a vehicle that doesn't have a hydralic brake system on board. When released the pads are loose in there they rattle &, while it might not sound like a big deal, it is very annoying at highway speeds. The Formula I/Held braking system has always used the Wilwood Spot Brake & over the years, when doing V-8 swaps, a lot of cars have had those brakes when they got here & every one of them has had one or two of the pads removed before the cars got here.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/...0002_757779_-1_11755

That little spot brake has pads that are only about 1.6" in Diameter, they don't hold very well on any kind of incline more than a few degrees. On the industrial applications, they typically have a spot brake on every wheel that is on the vehicle with a big lever to clamp them all down tight. For the most part the brake is being applied on a relatively level surface.

IMHO, they are not really ment to hold a 3000 pound $80000.00 car on a city street with any real security.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of these Wilwoods (still in the box) and I was surprised to see how the superhightech leveragesystem works lol
anyway..I just hope to make them work to get through ebrake inspection...that would be the only use though

I was told that newer Jaguars with brembo brakes have a seperate ebrake...and here is an Audi R8
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

or this looks cool..

http://www.conti-online.com...g_brake_1003_en.html

Reminds me of Mercedes' Brake-By-Wire systems.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any updates Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bumping for an update !
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hmm.. what about this:

http://www.tperformance.com...emergency_brake_kit/

That's still the same caliper as on the Held kit.

Joe
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motoracer838

3751 posts
Member since Jan 2006

or this looks cool..

That does look cool, I wonder how much it'll cost?

Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, any never before pics you can post of #022? Yeah, you guessed it, I'm bored.

Oh yeah, congradulation on your new baby boy!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

or this looks cool..

Several new european cars come with electric ebrakes nowadays..2 I have been in are a VW passat 06 and a Citroen C4 picasso...guess there may be more sources

PFF
System Bot
Doright

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DorightSend a Private Message to DorightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be really nice to read about all the work done to this car without all the worthless what if's and how you did that's!
(It really ruins the thread perhaps they could be deleted)
If you are to make another post like this it would be nice if the thread was locked, I for one could care less about a critics choices as those who don't have are always jealous, and most have no talent to do such work and have no idea how to do such work.

My Hat is off to Archie and Crew! and the Owner of a truly fascinating car who paid all the bill's! The final fit is truly a work of art!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will I be able to see this car finished and painted? Maybe Daytona? The 25th???
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, you're not allowed to get LEDs cause mine aren't done yet haha. That'll make 3 of us.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2008 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Troy, you're not allowed to get LEDs cause mine aren't done yet haha. That'll make 3 of us.

Well mine are way behind schedule due to the new baby boy Troy Jr. , But I'm shipping the first set out on Monday for conversion.

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Will I be able to see this car finished and painted? Maybe Daytona? The 25th???

I sure hope so, Archie still has a lot of work to do, then it's off to FireFox AKA "MARK THE PAINTER" , Then she comes home for the final touches for the interior. This should all be done by the 25TH

Daytona Good people, great time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqfdD9Fwcvk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdB0NVYX9-k

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-17-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats Troy on the new addition !!

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Troy....

How is Archie going to modify the interior for the new baby seat? Hmmmmm........

Congratulations on the little one!

Mark the paint guy
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, when you mounted the corvette seats, was it possible to keep any or all of the power functions ? I'm guessing that maybe the tracks could not be used and the power motors maybe needed to be removed (?)
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2008 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. The race is on Troy!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update Archie

As Curly would say I'm bored.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time for an update Archie

As Curly would say I'm bored.

Give me a call tomorrow if you can get the time.

I have a couple of questions for you.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more pics, any more pics!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Any more pics, any more pics!

NO!!!!!! GO BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LMAO !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Devils Slide is washed out and I'm back at work now. Any more pics, any more pics!

randyshear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyshearSend a Private Message to randyshearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very beautiful car!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm back now. Any more pics, any more pics!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2008).]

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is the predicted date that you will recieve the car?

matthew
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

what is the predicted date that you will recieve the car?

matthew

Hopefully some time in late March early April. I still have to reupholster the corvette seats, dash, doors, and center console once it's back in New York.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock