Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 68)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367716 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Where they have that gold leather I would use orange leather

While I was looking at the pics...... I was thinking, "replace the gold with orange & it would be golden.... err orangen.

Then you said it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2010 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man you just gave me some great ideas!!! Over the last couple of months I've been going crazy trying to pick out the layout for the cars interior. Thanks to you I think I just found it. What do you guys think.

Where they have that gold leather I would use orange leather

As Paris would say "That's Hot!" Do it!

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait for the day that I will hopefully get passed by this beast in long island . I'll probably crash from drooling at it so much haha. Can't wait to see the interior pan out!

Tom.
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the replacement interior door handles that will match the AC vents .....

I will just have find a way to mount the door lock and unlock buttons and lever from the backside of the door panel.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie you have a pm
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its time to start Operation inner beauty. Deconstruction starts Saturday , I will try to post pics as the build progresses but a lot of the parts and ideas are already posted. First up will be the fiberglass work on the................
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really looking forward to this

Please keep us posted.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPS dropped off some goodies today , just in time for tomorrows deconstruction session and the mapping out of the reconstruction....

this:

plus this (just one of my old gauges for test fit) :

will = this:

These covers look great, even better than expected. More goodies to come still have a few more boxes to open.

------------------

IMSA 1986 GT, Archie ChopTop #22, LS7 .......
Click here for the build thread

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Next and last box of the day had the door handles:

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These covers look great, even better than expected. More goodies to come still have a few more boxes to open.

They do make a dramatic difference.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa in the brown truck dropped off some more goodies:

the speedo and tach are now 5" gauges, and two of the smaller 2 1/16" gauges will be placed back in the center console.

I like the way they have a white face during the day and glow with a black face at night:

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those are awesome!
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the actual gauge right? I love everything about it except the big PHANTOM II right smack dab in the middle.

It would be sweet if that logo pertained to your car, LS7 would look perfect in its place.
Either way they look better than the previous, especially with those bezels.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Toys to come ........

I'm going with the green, I just need to take measurements of the stock unit first. This unit is plug and play made for the fiero HVAC in the lambo kit cars but the unit is larger than stock at 7" x 3" x 1.5". If anyone could take measurements of the stock face plate it would be greatly appreciated as the chop top is in the shop for the interior redo.

Also this little toy will be installed B4 spring
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/2GOKEYLESS1.html

I'm not sure if I will use the silver glow button or the optional red button:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 12-28-2010).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is going to look really good

Hey
Are you planning on comming for the Daytona show ?
Last time I saw it it had the other eng and was white.
Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Toys to come ........

Who makes this? Where do I get one?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are nice - Riceburner did my HVAC for my replica console that Amida made
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

" I just need to take measurements of the stock unit first. This unit is plug and play made for the fiero HVAC in the lambo kit cars but the unit is larger than stock at 7" x 3" x 1.5". If anyone could take measurements of the stock face plate it would be greatly appreciated as the chop top is in the shop for the interior redo."

Don't worry about those measurements guys, I was able to drive 20 miles to the shop and take measurements myself. The guy at the shop offered but I needed to drop off some parts anyway. It's cool all is well in the new year..
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Those are nice - Riceburner did my HVAC for my replica console that Amida made

Hey man thanks for the info in your PM on your dash lights as it will come in handy. once again love your dash, Carbon fiber
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Today was my 42nd birthday and looky what the postman dropped off (yes even on a holiday) :

Quality workmanship!!! great product can't wait to install it

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-01-2011).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today was my 42nd birthday and looky what the postman dropped off (yes even on a holiday) :

Quality workmanship!!! great product can't wait to install it

Who sells this??? They look great!
Thank you
Gary
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too am also curious as to who sells these...It's been asked twice with no response. What's the big secret about where they came from?. -?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I too am also curious as to who sells these...It's been asked twice with no response. What's the big secret about where they came from?. -?

The same reason "why" the creator of the part never listed the item in question on Pennocks.
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The same reason "why" the creator of the part never listed the item in question on Pennocks.

[Sarc] Well La De Da! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate the finely detailed information you provided..... [/Sarc]

And now let me ask you this: The specific reason is what? Is it because the price is so high and that us lowley and notoriously "cheap" Fiero owners on Pennock's wouldn't be able to afford it? Here's a Newsflash for ya Tom Brokaw: Not all of us drive the Fiero because were cheap and can't afford anything else, some of us drive it because we enjoy it.

So I thank you for being so open and honest about it Curley, it really shows how you like to help out the Fiero community.

Oh, and by the way I found a reference for it at Kitcentral.com...
http://www.kitcentral.com/i...0ad0c9bb4ad2c7ae0f58

Riceburner98 says:
The replica ones are / will be $500 for Vintage Air or Fiero with AC, $540 for Fiero without AC. (needs more parts). I also make an OEM adapter board for $150 that will let an OEM controller work with the Fiero or Vintage Air, but you need the $1700 OEM controller first.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I responded to Gary via pm with a explanation on the delay on the details the same day it was asked. As for no response to a seemingly simple question, I know the feeling.

" I just need to take measurements of the stock unit first. This unit is plug and play made for the fiero HVAC in the lambo kit cars but the unit is larger than stock at 7" x 3" x 1.5". If anyone could take measurements of the stock face plate it would be greatly appreciated as the chop top is in the shop for the interior redo."

Don't worry about those measurements guys, I was able to drive 20 miles to the shop and take measurements myself. The guy at the shop offered but I needed to drop off some parts anyway. It's cool all is well in the new year..
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Troy,
I have no issue with you, and I appreciate and respect the answer you have provided. The issue was with the elitest and veiled answer that was given, not by you, but by somebody else that is not associated with your thread topic or the question at hand. Whom I also believe, had no reason to answer in the first place as the question was not directed at or to them. Thanks -Jason
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 2 more days, this thread will be 5 years old.

I started this thread about the car & it always has been about the car.

Please, if you have a problem with someone you think is dissing you, take it to PM's.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on topic.....

Once I have installed the unit and can attest to it's performance more info will be forthcoming. I plan on posting links to all of the new info and venders associated with the interior build and I have some goodies for PFF ex: real carbon fiber overlay, keyless start and security,........ but as always I just want to make sure all is good before I send members to venders.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-09-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really looking forward to your review of the keyless start and security !

This car just keeps getting better.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the cool toys came in today from across the pond:

It's an Audi TT LED Illuminated gear surround

the Door Handle Surrounds

and

Sorry about the small pic but its an adapter that allows you to mount small 2-1/16” gauges in the AC vents and air flows around them. ( the vent on the right shows it installed)
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i had looked at the illuminated audi ring too !!

I was trying to be sneaky and had noticed no one had done it yet, but i should have known you would be on top of all the latest !

Keep raising the bar ! Your interior is going to be sick.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Knock, knock,...bump, bump.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Knock, knock,...bump, bump.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, that looks sharp.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's DYNOMITE!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

*awesomeness*

Its threads like this that prove that no Fiero is ever "Finished"

Just out of curiosity, is the Perfect Union going to be enough? Or do you think another Fiero will ever find its way to your home to be customized?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Its threads like this that prove that no Fiero is ever "Finished"

Just out of curiosity, is the Perfect Union going to be enough? Or do you think another Fiero will ever find its way to your home to be customized?

Thanks, but one will be it for me. I have more than enough things on the to do list to keep me busy for a few more winters before it's done.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock