Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367689 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updates soon.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Updates soon.

Cool.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Too much excitement-I'll be right back, I got to go pee.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-22-2008).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just waiting for some primer, and then I'll post some pics.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Time for some spring cleaning.

For sale: (not charity )

Complete set up zz430 clone, G6 6sd, chrome TPI setup, exhaust, headers, all set up on Cradle, plug and play less than 150 miles on set up. I hate to give up this setup but I'm going in a different direction.

Mr.mikes seats also up for grabs, not just the covers but the complete seats

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-24-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Archie If you have more info and better pics. please post.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The engine is called a 385 Fast Burn http://www.gmperformancepar...u=12499710&engCat=sb

With the GM Hot Cam Kit http://www.gmperformancepar...artnuminput=12480002 This hot cam kit makes the engine in a “Clone” of the famous ZZ430 limited production GM Crate Engine.

It has an all Chrome TPI system from Street & Performance http://www.hotrodlane.cc/ The large runner TPI base manifold is specially designed to work with the GM Fast Burn heads. The TPI runners are the oversized Siamese runners to support the capacity of this engine. Everything on this intake system is Chromed.

Included is the complete Street & Performance wire harness, ECM & Chip programmed for this engine.

This engine is installed using all of the parts in my Master-Build V-8 conversion kit http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod2.htm This engine is mated to a New G6 6 speed transmission using my Master 6 speed conversion kit. http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/Prod3.htm

Also included is the engine cradle. With new Poly “A” arm bushings, This engine/transmission assembly comes mounted to a 1987 Fiero GT engine cradle.

The exhaust system is also included (except for the special tips we bought for this car only). It has Sanderson HTP coated CC90 headers.

This whole assembly is out of the car right now, while we do some other stuff to the car. I can take some pictures of everything or anything that we have here for this assembly. I will post additional pictures tomorrow.

Troy can answer questions on pricing. Either of us can answer questions on this driveline.

Installation can be arraigned.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

This engine/transmission assembly comes mounted to a 1987 Fiero GT engine cradle.

Installation can be arraigned.

Archie

Oh boy! If that was on an 88 cradle...who knows?

I'm guessing an LS7 is in someone's future??? Or maybe an LS9!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-24-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Oh boy! If that was on an 88 cradle...who knows?

I'm guessing an LS7 is in someone's future??? Or maybe an LS9!

It wouldn't take too much to swap it to an 88 cradle but I'd have to have an '88 car to fit it into.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The "bar" is about to be raised yet again, hehe.

PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(not charity )

Oh c'mon!!!

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the Mr mikes seats. I have an 88 cradle here complete with suspension I'd be willing to trade if your interested. With some extra money from me of course. 88 cradle swaps are very easy to do. The only modification is a new hole made with a die-grinder in the top of the strut tower. Here is a pic of mine. Not show quality but deffinately functional. Show is just not my thing.

I will be making custom strut tower brace mounts that will incorporate a cover for old strut hole. Should clean up the look a bit. Other then those holes it is a direct bolt in.
Interested in the cradle or not I am still interested in the seats. Let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: Edited for better pics. I knew I had some.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 02-24-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

Interested in the Mr mikes seats.

PM sent
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I have an 88 cradle here complete with suspension I'd be willing to trade if your interested.

This setup is on an 87 cradle... I was wanting it to be on an 88, since I have an 88. I don't know of anyone who has swapped an 87 cradle onto an 88.

I'm just using the cradle as a convenient excuse...I'm sure Archie could make it work if I was serious.

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

This setup is on an 87 cradle... I was wanting it to be on an 88, since I have an 88. I don't know of anyone who has swapped an 87 cradle onto an 88.

I'm just using the cradle as a convenient excuse...I'm sure Archie could make it work if I was serious.

My real reason for posting was to ask about the Mr mikes seats. I just thought I'd throw out the 88 cradle part in case they were looking for something to mount the new engine to. I have no doubt that Archie could do it if so inclined. If he can build this car and the Mura I'm sure he could do a cradle swap in his sleep.

Archie: I will be contacting you tomorrow about the seats. Troy was going to forward you part of our PM discussion about them. What is the best time to contact you?

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 02-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.mikes seats also up for grabs, not just the covers but the complete seats

Man, that was quick.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Updates soon.

Primer on yet ??
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Complete set up zz430 clone, G6 6sd, chrome TPI setup, exhaust, headers, all set up on Cradle, plug and play less than 150 miles on set up. I hate to give up this setup but I'm going in a different direction.

PM sent
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to view Troy's new front nose and I'm loving it! Once again, the bar has been raised, really, really high and it's going to be very hard trying to build something better looking than this.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good, but never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew can make your Dreams into a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-29-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to place the order for that special little LSX. Who says Christmas only comes once a year
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to place the order for that special little LSX. Who says Christmas only comes once a year

So THAT's why the change of plans! What are you going with? Inquiring minds wanna know!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

So THAT's why the change of plans! What are you going with? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Well all I can say for now is that the foundation will bee an new gm create LS7, with a ................, on top of..............,mated to a ............ FOR AN EXTRA...................HP.

Full disclosure spring 2008

I blame DOC JOHN for starting the fever, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-01-2008).]

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guilty as charged!

Any motor will work out just fine as long as it starts with "LS."
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, it's March 2008, already. Give!
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Guilty as charged!

Any motor will work out just fine as long as it starts with "LS."

LSJ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well all I can say for now is that the foundation will bee an new gm create LS7, with a ................, on top of..............,mated to a ............ FOR AN EXTRA...................HP.

I blame DOC JOHN for starting the fever, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Troy what you have planned is totally insane,...and i absolutely love it !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-01-2008).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lets see that grill
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

lets see that grill

what he said !
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New engine swap over a new engine. That is very cool (not to say expensive!). Just would love to see this car finished some day
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Just would love to see this car finished some day

With a car like this... that will never happen.

Troy and Archie: Got the seats today and I'm very happy. My girlfriend wouldn't even give me a chance to get them in a car. She had to sit in them immediately. Thanks to both of you.

Archie: I double charged myself for shipping so I will be contacting you about that. Later.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 03-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lets see that grill

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lets see that grill

Sorry, couldn't resist

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

New engine swap over a new engine. That is very cool (not to say expensive!). Just would love to see this car finished some day

I just could not pass up an opportunity to have an ls7 or ls3, for now that is the big question before we push the order button, do we go with a LS7 or a supercharged LS3 both have pros and cons.

All should be "finished" by the Fiero 25th, Well the first version anyway .
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just could not pass up an opportunity to have an ls7 or ls3, for now that is the big question before we push the order button, do we go with a LS7 or a supercharged LS3 both have pros and cons.

All should be "finished" by the Fiero 25th, Well the first version anyway .

Let's have a little survey..........

LS3 with Magna-Charger or LS7 N/A ????

Archie
TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LS7 N/A. I want to see how you fit that in

What kind of transmission are you planning to use that can deal with all that torque? The LS7 puts out about twice the torque that the G6 F40 transmission was designed to handle.

Cheers
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely the MagnaCharger - just listen to the damn thing.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that's raising the bar a lot.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88White3.4GT

1604 posts
Member since Dec 2003
how about LS7 + supercharger?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

how about LS7 + supercharger?

That's actually the reason we're undecided right now. Magnason doesn't have a MagnaCharger for the LS7 on the market yet.

It'll be about 6 weeks before it's supposed to come out & we aren't the 1st one in line for one.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock