Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinkin the same about the front. The only part that is kinda awkward is the bottom of the front fender. Behind the front tire slopes down and under the car when it seems like it should come outward like the bottom in front of the rear tire. Maybe its just the pic angle though..
IP: Logged
BH2OFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It took me almost eight hours to read this thread from start to finish...I hate dailup.

Troyboy, I am extremely happy you decided to go with the camaro style spoiler. Don't get me wrong...I am a big fan of the whale tale spoilers but I feel it was drawing too much attention away from the other tweeks made to the car.

Archie & crew, once again amazing work. Is Kris a member of this forum. If he is I am sure many of us budget minded hacks (for lack of a better word) would appreciate him doing a how to thread on fiberglassing. Maybe then many of us wouldn't be so affraid of tackling our own projects "pipe dreams" and more of us would start our own one off projects.

-Caleb

------------------

[This message has been edited by BH2OFiero (edited 03-09-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BH2OFiero:

Archie & crew, once again amazing work. Is Kris a member of this forum. If he is I am sure many of us budget minded hacks (for lack of a better word) would appreciate him doing a how to thread on fiberglassing. Maybe then many of us wouldn't be so affraid of tackling our own projects "pipe dreams" and more of us would start our own one off projects.

-Caleb

Actually there are several threads going on right now that have a lot of details on fiberglassing. I've been posting enough detail on how to do it so that people are not afraid to try it at home. Here are just a few of those threads. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064001.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050746.html //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/054448.html & there are more.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brakes should be at your shop tomorrow Archie. I hope it's an easy install.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got the brakes in yesterday and unpacked them. We also had time to finish taking the old parts off the car.......

I don't know if everybody wants to see a buildup on these brakes, but I'm sure you'd like to see what they look like on the car.

We had a few small glitches come up during the assembly but nothing we couldn't fix. We have both of the front & one of the rear on. We'll be finishing that up tomorrow. Then Bleed the brakes. I'm still in doubt that the stock Fiero MCylinder will move enough fluid to operate these brakes without going all the way to the floor.

Troy, I'll be emailing a bunch of other pics in just a little bit.

Archie
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Arch, take a look at the front rotors, then at the rear. Whats wrong? FNG's...lol
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Hey Arch, take a look at the front rotors, then at the rear. Whats wrong? FNG's...lol

Yeah I saw that when I was getting ready to post them. It'll be corrected 1st thing in the morning & no one will ever notice.

Archie
BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Them's pretty...me wants.
RenegadeFiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeFiero86Send a Private Message to RenegadeFiero86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this car is amazing it makes me want to rob a bank and get one made.... right now im just dealin with a 86 2m6 hopefully get a 3800 NA in it get some forged internals and throw a fat shot of juicy juice on that biatch. nice build thou archie i must say. very detailed.
-Renegade-
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
I'm still in doubt that the stock Fiero MCylinder will move enough fluid to operate these brakes without going all the way to the floor.
Archie

When I installed my C5 brakes I also installed a 67 to 80 Corvette Master Cylinder.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All looks good Archie, but how does she brake?
PFF
System Bot
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, what is your opinion on the 'hub-centric' vrs 'lug-centric' issue? This issue has been hotly debated elsewhere with no qualified conclusion to my knowledge. I ask this out of interest, and not to start another debate; so 'debaters' please take note I'm only asking Archie.
Thanks,
Dave.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to leave the Corvette markings on the calipers? Look extremely nice otherwise.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

All looks good Archie, but how does she brake?

Well they fit good, look good, & (we drove the car briefly in the parking lot) they stop pretty good. I like them.

We got the stuff all put together right at the end of the day. So not a lot of testing yet & just these few pics today.

Archie

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm in LOVE

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I think I'm in LOVE

Yeah, me too.

We're starting to "Feel it" here now.

After the Daytona show, we have a few more tweeks to do & this thing is going to be pretty well wrapped up.

I think the only thing we haven't found yet are the exhaust tips that are going to fit in our rear bumper openings & make the right statement about the car.

Archie
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the only thing we haven't found yet are the exhaust tips that are going to fit in our rear bumper openings & make the right statement about the car.

Archie

Maybe something like this?

Not sure the size of the opening in the rear bumper, but these are 5.75" wide by 3" tall. Looks like it would be a good fit.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the rear lights going to be stock? Different?
RustyFormula

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RustyFormulaSend a Private Message to RustyFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troyboy

Who did you get the brakes from and what was the cost? Thanks in advanced.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

Are you going to leave the Corvette markings on the calipers? Look extremely nice otherwise.

Heck yeah ! hehehe that is part of what makes them look good !

Having improvement parts from another car is cool, badging your car as something else is not.

The Corvette markings are cool IMO.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-15-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RustyFormula:

Hey Troyboy

Who did you get the brakes from and what was the cost? Thanks in advanced.

Design1 systems here's the thread with info on the brake set up.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064260.html
the price varies based on the set up that you want them to build. I'm using C5 Z06 13" front rotors and calipers in the front and rear. The only sacrifice you have to make using the larger front set up in the rear is you will have to go with an aftermarket e-brake. I'm use to driving a fiero so the missing E-brake will feel like the norm. hehehe
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Maybe something like this?

Not sure the size of the opening in the rear bumper, but these are 5.75" wide by 3" tall. Looks like it would be a good fit.

Nice more info please.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Are the rear lights going to be stock? Different?

I prefer the stock GT tail lights. I have a new set from Pontiac in storage and will put them on after all the body work and painting is completed.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette 13" brake package...is it a "Perfect Union" now? I'd say, Yes.

Hey Troy, before you head to D7, bring a bottle of tire dressing. The meaty tires look over cooked and are ashe, hehe. Oh yeah, did you call ole' Jimbo? Yeah know, just like the "Covette" caliper name, you'll need the HRE logo too. We don't want to be like some of the Corvette guys, faking it with knock-off 541 HRE wanna bee's.
BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man that looks sharp.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was there a "change" in the off-set? Did the rim/tire stick out a little more since the C5 application? Or was there no difference?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you guys plan to put the sail panels on prior to the show or just leave them off because the car still needs to be painted ?

Just curious,..looks damn good even without them !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We got the brakes in yesterday and unpacked them. We also had time to finish taking the old parts off the car.......

Archie

Hey Archie, what the name and size of tool used to install the calipers? I need to have my rotors polished and I need to know what type is used.

Thanks.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Was there a "change" in the off-set? Did the rim/tire stick out a little more since the C5 application? Or was there no difference?

With the stock brakes on the front you'll remember that we had to use a 3/8" spacer because the inside hub of the HRE's were hitting the stock calipers.

These new brakes eliminate the reason to use the spacer. They also are using the normal stock fromt hubs with the rotors cut off. Because the 'Vette rotor is about 3/8" thick at the hub the location of the wheel in the front wheel well is the same as it was before.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by exoticse:

Do you guys plan to put the sail panels on prior to the show or just leave them off because the car still needs to be painted ?

Just curious,..looks damn good even without them !

Since finishing the brakes last week, we've had at least on person working full time on getting this car ready for D7. BUT I haven't been showing any pictures. I'll take some pics as we load it on the trailer. We even worked a full day today, on this car & the wide body molds, to try to get everything ready for the show. BTW, Yes the windows will be in the car.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Archie, what the name and size of tool used to install the calipers? I need to have my rotors polished and I need to know what type is used.

Thanks.

Ah, you missed one Archie.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy. I heard your car is now being back-in the trailer as I type. I hope you're bringing a extra pair of tousers?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guys that are hauling the car down to Daytona are going to be very careful with it. Make sure that you offer them alcohol when they get there. They will probably need it.

Mark
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

The guys that are hauling the car down to Daytona are going to be very careful with it. Make sure that you offer them alcohol when they get there. They will probably need it.

Mark

What, no women!!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Mark

What, no women!!!

^^^^^^^ To the club we shal go!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we're all loaded up & ready to go at 5am.

It was raining when we were loading so no outside pics.

See you all Friday.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-21-2007).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NUT! pants check.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 03-22-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Sh**************************T !

That absolutely screams supercar !!

Wow adding the quarter windows, molding, and cleaning it up really makes a big difference !

When this car is painted it is going to be the cause of many an accident (rubberneckers) !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-22-2007).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

My question is can you even see out of the rear window? It looks like the spoiler (which kicks @ss) will get in the way. Am I wrong on this?

Beautiful car by the way. It am always amazed by the amout of creativity some fiero owners have. Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 03-22-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock