Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 59)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367710 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierology:

Speaking of tail pipes, can somone explain the reason the exhaust pipes make all the turns they do (in previous pictures) instead of just getting out the back of the car as quickly as possible? Excuse the ignorance!

3" pipe + 2 cats + 2 mufflers + crossover pipe. the only extra pipe was the crossover otherwise it's a straight drop from the manifolds to the cats and mufflers, and the mufflers have to go in the old trunk area due to the space.

Originally posted by Archie:

Finalized the exhaust on the car today......

Then we took it out get it ready to send to plating later this week.

Notice the equalizer pipe & notice that the tips & mufflers are clamp on because they will not be going to plating.

Archie

If you look at the pics its pretty straight forward.
IP: Logged
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBoRJITnxk I'm going to keep the original fiero light cover, but with the LED's mounted in back of them. Pontiac will also stay but in LED's. I want to keep the original look but with an update, P.S the "dancing lights" will be for car shows only, they will function as regular lights on the road.

Its not my car, but I think that tinting the lenses would be the best thing to do. Tint the inside of the lenses with VHT, leaving the Pontiac alone, so it shows obviously. It would be sick IMHO...

My car, just so you get an idea on the VHT, and its only 10 bucks a can

------------------
87 SE 60* Turbo

Screw the L67...

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you planning a dyno run in the near future?

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Its not my car, but I think that tinting the lenses would be the best thing to do. Tint the inside of the lenses with VHT, leaving the Pontiac alone, so it shows obviously. It would be sick IMHO...

My car, just so you get an idea on the VHT, and its only 10 bucks a can

that is hands down the most beautiful notchback I have ever seen. I was considering changing mine over to a fastback, your car just changed my mind.
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2009 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Genopsyde:
..snip...are you planning a dyno run in the near future? ...snip...

I was wondering when some one was going to bring that one up.

Hey Troy. It looks great. I'm happy for you.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBoRJITnxk I'm going to keep the original fiero light cover, but with the LED's mounted in back of them. Pontiac will also stay but in LED's. I want to keep the original look but with an update, P.S the "dancing lights" will be for car shows only, they will function as regular lights on the road.

Wow, that's going to be cool.

Archie
Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
page 3? not quite.
bumpity
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, I thought my taillights were a lot of work! Thats out of control!

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

The seatbelts are not attached to the seat so there really isn't much load going into them assuming that the passenger doesn’t have Velcro pants on

Have you ever seen the understructure of a Fiero seat? It is very thin sheet metal and the bolts are retained by some really weak clips. I was able to rip a seat out by hand in a junkyard once (the rails were rusted solid and it was the only way it was going to come out). Just lean the seatback forward and rock from side to side and the rails come loose from the seat bottom. The aluminum pieces Archie used are going to hold better than that.

Well I beg to differ. In that car I would imagine the driver and the passenger would not need velcro pants (or seatbelts) as the glutious maximus muscles would be hanging on for dear life...... Providing it was being driven to it's potential......lol this is truly and amazing piece of work and all involved should take great pride in the accomplishment. Congratulations Troyboy, Archie and crew!
black1987gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for black1987gtSend a Private Message to black1987gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whip it out whip it out! is it done yet? this is a sweet ride one of a kind. willl you be at any car shows close to va id love to come out and see it?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by black1987gt:

whip it out whip it out! is it done yet? this is a sweet ride one of a kind. willl you be at any car shows close to va id love to come out and see it?

After the Dells the car goes home to New York and then if the LI boys go to Carlisle All-GM Nationals that will be next.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets not forget Daytona?
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Lets not forget Daytona?

Maybe in 2010, it's just not in the finances for 2009. Plus you don't need my car in Florida, Dave should have his done to perfection by then. By the time he's finished pointing out the flaws in my car on CFF and RFT he should be able to complete his to perfection.

Edit to say: sorry LT188GT, My frustration was not meant for you or daytona, but for Dave or what ever name he goes by now. Dave needs to worry about his own sh@t and not mine.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-27-2009).]

87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't I hear that it was going to World of Wheels? How did you make out? Pictures from the show?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87Fiero:

Didn't I hear that it was going to World of Wheels? How did you make out? Pictures from the show?

Wow Archie that looks great! I will call you tomorrow, but unfortunately it looks like this weekend is a no go, emergency at work. So off to the dells we shall go .

This was referring to the world of wheels weekend. Right about now it's taking all I have to stop as many layoff's as possible, my wife says I can't save the world, but if I can just save a few thousand job's it's worth the hospital stay the long hours and stress will land me.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-27-2009).]

87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking Archie would show it even if you couldn't make it.

Thanks
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy Boy,
How come there are no pictures of your interior? Can you do us a favor? Let's see your masterful work from the driving seat

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 01-27-2009).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Troy Boy,
How come there are no pictures of your interior? Can you do us a favor? Let's see your masterful work from the driving seat

Cordially,
Kevin

Archie tries to show it in the video, but maybe if we ask him nicely he will do one of just the interior with a few pics........Pleaseess
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie tries to show it in the video, but maybe if we ask him nicely he will do one of just the interior with a few pics........Pleaseess

Ill do that tomorrow, you have a PM
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you look at the pics its pretty straight forward.

Yeah, That makes a lot of sense now. I hadn't seen the pics of the exhaust system by itself, not installed.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone wanted some pics of the interior.

Here's the pics. I also have a little video of the interior (please forgive the background noise it's the aircompressor running)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7PdeSBr30Y

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-28-2009).]

FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. The interior looks great. Great job.
But I'm worried that Troy might break the speedometer. It looks like it only goes up to 120mph.

~Bob
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Wow. The interior looks great. Great job.
But I'm worried that Troy might break the speedometer. It looks like it only goes up to 120mph.

~Bob

That's the engine "break-in" speedo.
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
That's the engine "break-in" speedo.

VERY FUNNY. Archie.
Oh, Oh, I think I just hurt myself, I was laughing so hard.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That being said above ^^^^, I noticed the tach has no redline Obviously with the 'Vette engine 8K is not a deficite.
Jiminy Efen Krist!!! That is the car I want to be in on a long cross country run. When is this car going to be shown here on the
west coast? We need our pickles in our pants just like you guys in the midwest

Cordially,
Kevin
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

That being said above ^^^^, I noticed the tach has no redline Obviously with the 'Vette engine 8K is not a deficite.
Jiminy Efen Krist!!! That is the car I want to be in on a long cross country run. When is this car going to be shown here on the
west coast? We need our pickles in our pants just like you guys in the midwest

Cordially,
Kevin

I was thinking about driving the rt 50 tour in 2010, but man the drive home is crazy unless a group of us from the east coast do a group buy on a car transporter. I'm sure the drive home would be fun but too much time off work once you add recovery.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Troy you know you want to. Tell you what I graduate in 2010 from UTI so if you come back I will drive back out with you (have family in CT) sound like a deal?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Come on Troy you know you want to. Tell you what I graduate in 2010 from UTI so if you come back I will drive back out with you (have family in CT) sound like a deal?

sounds like a plan
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine break in speedo.......LMAO! Too much. Haven't heard that one before. Probably said it before, but what a great build. Spectacular work, on an unbelieveable Fiero. Many happy miles to all.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like that the original Fiero heat & a/c consol is still in there. Great detail to reminisce of the original. Oh, wow, look at the cup holders. I thought they were map lights at first. Cool. What does the LCD display?

-Michael
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG! Bounced into the archives.
El Mucho Bumpo to Page Uno.

So, ... What's new on this bad boy build?
LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 4 is not where this belongs.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any new pic's?
I need somthing to keep me going on my car. money is tight at this point.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my. I want that interior!

How about a trade for my first born? :P
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So whats new with this build...
azmrtwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for azmrtwoClick Here to visit azmrtwo's HomePageSend a Private Message to azmrtwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an amazing transformation!

Are there any plans to do something with the tail lights? I just finished the paint on my 86 and have a 3800SC I am gathering parts for to do a transplant. (need the GTP pulley if anyone has one or can help? )

Here is what we did with mine since Pontiac section was seperating and there were some minor cracks. There are around 14 coats of custom Candy Apple Black made with clear coat as the base. As you can see, it doesn't impair the lights.

Main Page:
Projects Main Page

Finished Product:

Before and After:

Lit up:

[This message has been edited by azmrtwo (edited 02-21-2009).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As posted a page or two back, I'm going with LED tail lights. It's on my todo list for when the car comes home this spring(after the Dells).
azmrtwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for azmrtwoClick Here to visit azmrtwo's HomePageSend a Private Message to azmrtwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As posted a page or two back, I'm going with LED tail lights. It's on my todo list for when the car comes home this spring(after the Dells).

My apologies, there are a lot of pages here and I must have missed it.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by azmrtwo:

My apologies, there are a lot of pages here and I must have missed it.

No apologies needed just directing you to an older post.

But it was a good question and........ thanks to IMSA GT this might all change..........

what do you guys Think?
that with led on eachside or should I just stick to plan 1:

plan #1 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBoRJITnxk
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you need to get those lenses to me asap

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-23-2009).]

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the latest is??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock