Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 15)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367713 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

Troy, where did you get your door popping kit from? I got my handles shaved, and been looking for something to do with the interior for buttons, and it would be nice to have a backup battery.

Archie installs the kit, not sure about the battery backup but it will have a manual override.
IP: Logged
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some more modern looking HVAC controls. I see all these nice bodies and V8s and custom interiors happening, but they all end up having the ugly 80s HVAC controls, right next to the $1000 Alpine DVD screens. It just takes away from the whole interior.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive never really looked into how the controls worked, how hard would it be to convert the 80's style hvac controls up to something more modern? Whats involved?

-I cant wait to see this car finished, this is so cool.

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys do a SEARCH, you'll find out that changing the HVAC controls is probably the hardest thing anyone has tried to do on a fiero. A FEW people have done it, but not many. That would be better than wasting space in this thread bringing up an old issue ....
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy;

Do a search on the HVAC controls Riceburner put together. They are Ferrari 355 replica HVAC controls and I have purchased a set from him for my 355 kit. The setup is excellent and works on the Fiero HVAC system no problem. I have installed the setup in my car as a test dummy for him when he was setting everything up and everything worked very well.

It will really set off your interior very well and worth the few bucks it would cost to get it after all the work that has gone into your car already.

Actually, I just did a search on here and could not see the thread he had started. Here is a thread from the kitcar forum many of us frequent as well in our builds. There was a thread from some members talking about how to make a replacement HVAC unit and Riceburner kicked in about page 20 or so.

The link below is from page 25 on where Riceburner shows his finished product. There was some discussion later in the thread where the A/C was not working on one member's car and I have not yet had the opportunity to start up my A/C as my dash has not been in my car for several years.... I am pretty sure it has all been corrected though.

Should be worth a chat with Riceburner.

http://www.kitcarsforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=go8gird5tmj4qrl3h2pn652177&topic=4103.360

One thing I just found out about the kitcar forum as I could not see anyof my pics up on the forum is that you have to sign in as a member to see the pics. Sorry. If someone wants to grab a pic of the HVAC console off that thread, and post here that would be great. I have never been able to post here for whatever reason.

Cheers
Don
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Troyboy;

Do a search on the HVAC controls Riceburner put together. They are Ferrari 355 replica HVAC controls and I have purchased a set from him for my 355 kit. The setup is excellent and works on the Fiero HVAC system no problem. I have installed the setup in my car as a test dummy for him when he was setting everything up and everything worked very well.

It will really set off your interior very well and worth the few bucks it would cost to get it after all the work that has gone into your car already.

Actually, I just did a search on here and could not see the thread he had started. Here is a thread from the kitcar forum many of us frequent as well in our builds. There was a thread from some members talking about how to make a replacement HVAC unit and Riceburner kicked in about page 20 or so.

The link below is from page 25 on where Riceburner shows his finished product. There was some discussion later in the thread where the A/C was not working on one member's car and I have not yet had the opportunity to start up my A/C as my dash has not been in my car for several years.... I am pretty sure it has all been corrected though.

Should be worth a chat with Riceburner.

http://www.kitcarsforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=go8gird5tmj4qrl3h2pn652177&topic=4103.360

One thing I just found out about the kitcar forum as I could not see anyof my pics up on the forum is that you have to sign in as a member to see the pics. Sorry. If someone wants to grab a pic of the HVAC console off that thread, and post here that would be great. I have never been able to post here for whatever reason.

Cheers
Don

Hmm.... very interesting, thanks for the info but I don't think it would fit the current setup. It looks like it requires more space than I have available. I will keep this info for my next fiero project.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy;

I'll take measurements tonight of the HVAC switch panel but I am pretty sure that it is not any larger than the stock Fiero setup that you have under the Video screen. If it is any larger, it will be a bit taller but not much if at all.

Cheers
Don
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear bumper is finally taking shape.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie you and your team are really doing an excellent job of executing troyboy's and Madcurl's pipe dreams.

Your guys are really talented.

I know time is money and paying customers come first but you should really turn them loose some time and see what kind of creative stuff they can come up with.

Things for you to sell of course !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great job Archie!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think our Midway/Wendy's visit is paying off. It looks darn good even w/o paint and is 15% better now than it was when we left in Aug 2006.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow shes got a nice rear end
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by antinull.com:

wow shes got a nice rear end

I'm an "ass-man" myself!

Definitely looking good!
crazyhorse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyhorseSend a Private Message to crazyhorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where you going to mount the rear view camera ?
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does anyone else feel as if it would look better with a standard decklid?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel as if it would look better with a standard decklid?

Relax, It's not done yet...... but when it is, I'll be happy to pay the bill.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is wow. That is a work of art. But am I wrong in thinking that this needs to go into the Guiness Book for the worlds most expensive Fiero?
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That rear bumper kinda reminds me of those old dodge daytona bumpers. Looks good though
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Nah, gotta disagree, a standard decklid would be way too plain for this bar raising creation.

I think the decklid looks good, simlair to a scaled down Lamborghini diablo style.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-29-2006).]

355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy;

The dimensions of the HVAC control panel are: 3" wide, 6" long and about 3/16" thick.

The additional control box is about 2" x 3" and can easily fit into the void under the various dash pieces. There is also a heater/vent flap control motor that fits on to the side of the heater box in behind any dash pieces.

Good luck with the rest of the build.

The car is looking fantastic.

Cheers
Don
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Troyboy;

The dimensions of the HVAC control panel are: 3" wide, 6" long and about 3/16" thick.

The additional control box is about 2" x 3" and can easily fit into the void under the various dash pieces. There is also a heater/vent flap control motor that fits on to the side of the heater box in behind any dash pieces.

Good luck with the rest of the build.

The car is looking fantastic.

Cheers
Don

Thanks for the info and research Don, trust me it will not go to waste.
Btw, did they ever fix the a/c problem?
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I think the decklid looks good, simlair to a scaled down Lamborghini diablo style.

Yeah, maybe just taking off the Whale Tail or going with a different style spoiler would suit my tastes more. It was just when the new rear bumper started to take shape that I thought something was off with the decklid. Up until then I was with the program. And my not liking the decklid is about like pointing out a crack in the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

Originally posted by troyboy:

Relax, It's not done yet...... but when it is, I'll be happy to pay the bill.

I'll be happy your the one paying the bill too

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 12-29-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A photoshop request, can someone please photoshop the Perfect Union in pearl yellow and then pearl yellow with black pearl rally stripes.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that thing is hottness... can't wait till it shows up in ny.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're a Union Busting Thug wandering the streets of New York late at night, you better begin worrying when you see this car behind you.......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Because when it pulls up alongside of you, 3 big guys are going to jump out a strike a Pose for you.............

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good work on the rear bumper, I didnt think you would pull it off but it came out looking great.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures of the new tail, the new nose & the new profile......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
How would it look without a wing?

knuckledragger

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-29-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
How about a stock wing?.........

Ok Troy, how's that for a little New Year's cheer?

Archie
PFF
System Bot
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I am probably not the only one thinking this but
when does it go to the paint shop?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW Archie the car is looking great , and for the second wing lets go with stock wing with a familiar twist.......

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
How would it look without a wing?

Better!
The stock wing matches real nice but I think the union looks more classy without a wing...it doesnt need it imho.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the way it looks with both wings but I have to agree with Fie Ro it does look the best without a wing. But it's Troyboy's choice and I am sure he will make the right one as he has done with the rest of the project.

[This message has been edited by tuner2m6t (edited 12-29-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Better!
The stock wing matches real nice but I think the union looks more classy without a wing...it doesnt need it imho.

I see your point, but it would still need at least a lip like on curlys #15
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW Archie the car is looking great , and for the second wing lets go with stock wing with a familiar twist.......

Ok, so you want to put a spot light under the right end of the wing.

Cool.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A photoshop request, can someone please photoshop the Perfect Union in pearl yellow and then pearl yellow with black pearl rally stripes.

antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car is sharp and it looks like nothing else GREAT JOB

[This message has been edited by antinull.com (edited 12-29-2006).]

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2006 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

More proof that widebodies and wing can mix !!

Now all it needs is 5" slanted and flared wingstands from fiero warehouse and a unique tail light setup
Great creation Troy... good work Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock