Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 42)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367636 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The excitement builds......

Wow! Now thats nice.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great now all you need is the car to put it in. WOW

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

WOW !!!!!

It's going to be hard to beat this update MARK.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....no pressure, heh?

I'm hoping to paint the hodo tonight. I've got most of the sanding done on the underside and I'm going to prime it in a bit. We'll see what happens after that. Yes, I know. It's getting closer......
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The excitement builds......

Game over !

If this car is put together and at the 25th,..it is game over folks !!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy , do you have a glass over the rear deck?..I can't remember ..but, it would really set off the engine to be able to see it with the deck lid shut ..
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Troy , do you have a glass over the rear deck?..I can't remember ..but, it would really set off the engine to be able to see it with the deck lid shut ..

No glass, to me the LSXX swap sits to far to the right for a nice centered glass cover. But that was a good idea.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

No glass, to me the LSXX swap sits to far to the right for a nice centered glass cover. But that was a good idea.

no worries ..the sound, the look of the car will speak for itself and your tastes ...
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No.....no pressure.......

I'm getting there! The underside of the hood is almost ready for primer. I just got home from work a bit ago and I'm venting out the garage. It's rather warm outside here today ( about 90 degrees ) and I am not a heat and humidity guy. But, I still have been trudging on. I'll have the hood in primer tonight and if it's early enough I'll paint it also. Otherwise, first thing after work tomorrow is the underside of the hood and then I can get the rest of the car touched up for paint.

One step at a time or I'll have a stroke.

Mark ( the tired paint guy )
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I'm getting there! The underside of the hood is almost ready for primer. I just got home from work a bit ago and I'm venting out the garage. It's rather warm outside here today ( about 90 degrees ) and I am not a heat and humidity guy. But, I still have been trudging on. I'll have the hood in primer tonight and if it's early enough I'll paint it also. Otherwise, first thing after work tomorrow is the underside of the hood and then I can get the rest of the car touched up for paint.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK Mark, Perfectionist to Perfectionist...... Shoot the car already!!!! Give Archie and the guys a fighting chance.
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK Mark, Perfectionist to Perfectionist...... Shoot the car already!!!! Give Archie and the guys a fighting chance.

Dont think that will be happening anytime soon,, i went over to check out the car and found him passed out face first in dried primer, its gona take about a hour to surgically remove him from the hood at the ER.....

------------------

[This message has been edited by GMGW3 (edited 07-16-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you guys can make it before the deadline. Either way, it will eventually end-up finished and everybody we''ll be happy.

Edit: I just thought about something. Its going to be very boring once this build is finished.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-17-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's hard to do quality work on a deadline.
but it is fun to watch!!!!!!!!!
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

but it is fun to watch!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I would pay admission to watch it in movie format.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I can sell tickets but it would have to be ' R ' rated for language.

I've been fighting with 2 spots on the underside of the hood. With the tight areas it's really hard to get sandpaper in there and there is very little room to move. I've been fighting with it for a few hours and trying to blend everything together so you don't see the rough fiberglass when the hood is opened. It's going to stand out with paint there so having everything smooth is a must. I didn't prime last night due to this stuff and the weather isn't cooperating either. I'm not a hot weather person and I can't run the A/C in the garage with this much sanding dust in the air. So, it's fans and lots of sweat. I probably don't smell very good right now but I want to finish this thing off tonight so I can paint the entire car this weekend.

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok at this point there is no way the car is going to the 25th. I don't like to set deadlines but I will arrive at Archies shop on wednesday to go to the twenty 25th ( to late to cancel air fair ) . Before we leave on Thursday to go to the show I NEED to see my car at Archies painted or not. Paint is important but I need to go over other things like LS7, LSD, suspension, power steering, among other things with Archie in the presence of the car. I did not want to rush this but I don't want this to be a totally wasted trip ( Air fair hotel ect... over 1000.00)

Mark thanks for a great job, but it's time to wrap it up.

edit: If I can cancel my flight you guys can take your time, just put it in the trailer when your done and I'll just make it a christmas gift to myself

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

edit: If I can cancel my flight you guys can take your time, just put it in the trailer when your done and I'll just make it a christmas gift to myself

Geezs, does this mean I need to cancel my flights too??? Darn it, I hate that I didn't get refundable tickets!
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news!! I can change my Ticket dates for free, Archie I will call you to get the info on when in November or December I should Fly in.

Time to start enjoying my summer and not chasing post and updates.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good news!! I can change my Ticket dates for free, Archie I will call you to get the info on when in November or December I should Fly in.

I'm canceling out too.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Mark will love you and you will get a great paintjob out of it.
I look forward to future updates.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry you two aren't coming. however, I understand the reasons.

Hopefully to brighten things up a little bit.

The LSD came in today.

It's on the left.

Archie
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This sucks the car belongs at the 25th but quality takes time. I bet you it would have gotton top honors. We can make this into a conspiracy theory for fun!!. Who has the first one???

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 07-18-2008).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....now what do I say? I've been busting it for 2 solid months trying to get this done for the 25th and it just isn't going to happen. I'm sorry that I couldn't get it done in time for the show but I've been trying. I put everything else on hold for this and still couldn't get it done in time, yet I am well ahead of my original schedule for this work. I know I let a lot of people down for the 25th including myself, but I didn't want this car going to the show with a bunch of things looking crappy. There is a ton of money tied up in this car and a bad paint job just to ' get it done ' isn't the way for me to do this. I've been under the gun from day one with this car because I knew that it was expected at the 25th and it has to be done right. But, with all of the rough fiberglass, there was just too much to finish off to make it look right. I surely tried, but it didn't happen. I apologize to all of you that were so looking forward to seeing this car at the show and I hope it isn't going to trash your weekend. I'm disappointed also that I couldn't work any faster and get the job done. I've already heard that several are cancelling their trip because of this and I just don't know what to say. I still have to go to the show for a few reasons but it's not going to be as enjoyable as I expected.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 07-18-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

This sucks the car belongs at the 25th. I bet you it would have gotton top honors.

We all feel that way. However it's not a conspiracy. Things just did not happen within the time tables given by people that were supplying parts & doing work on the car & parts. Sometimes it just doesn't go as quickly as expected.

However work will continue & the finished product will be worth the effort.

Today we finished up the belt drive & P.S./alternator mount. We polished the P.S./Alt mount & did a quick polish job on the Honda Idler/tensioner assembly. We also have a Chrome fan blade for the Alt. that will be on Monday.

These 2 pics are in process pics while we were in the middle of the above work. The pics I took just before leaving the shop today were to fuzzy, so I'll take them again tomorrow.

We polished the idler assy. & installed the Chrome FHACS's after these pics were taken.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-18-2008).]

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark,
I must commend you on your great work... as the saying goes... quality, time, and price... pick 2. A few may be complaining about the time, about making it in time for the show... but I am willing to bet Troy cares more about the quality then slopping through it to get it done in time. No one seems to remember that you have a life and a full time job, this is side work. Honestly, for the work involved to get it from as rough of finish the fiberglass was, to the perfect finish you have gotten it to I would have expected it to take much longer due to the circumstances. Great work, keep with it, ignore the ignorant.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great Archie as always. Yours and your teams work is always top notch and that service that you provide is great. You, Troy and Curly made me feel welcome on my first visit and that is not something you get when you walk into anyplace nowdays I wanted to start the conspiracy theory as some fun to bring a few laughs to the thread after all this hard work I know that she will be not only the best Fiero on the road in my eyes but the best build that I have seen come from the little known place named V8 ARCHIES.

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Mark,
I must commend you on your great work... as the saying goes... quality, time, and price... pick 2. A few may be complaining about the time, about making it in time for the show... but I am willing to bet Troy cares more about the quality then slopping through it to get it done in time. No one seems to remember that you have a life and a full time job, this is side work. Honestly, for the work involved to get it from as rough of finish the fiberglass was, to the perfect finish you have gotten it to I would have expected it to take much longer due to the circumstances. Great work, keep with it, ignore the ignorant.

Thank you.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you.

You are apart of that team to. Did not mean to touch a nerve just to bring in some fun.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

You are apart of that team to. Did not mean to touch a nerve just to bring in some fun.

No, no.....it wasn't taken that way.

Archie has a great team and I'm proud to be a part of it. Spending time with Archie and the guys is always a blast.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So since troys car sounds like it will be around archies shop for a few months, does this mean we get to stop by and go for joy rides
GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

No one seems to remember that you have a life and a full time job, this is side work. Honestly, for the work involved to get it from as rough of finish the fiberglass was, to the perfect finish you have gotten it to I would have expected it to take much longer due to the circumstances....

+1 . Things can always look and sound easy when its all on paper, but when it comes down to actually getting the job done things can take a turn.. for example on Overhaulin when they dig into a project and find all the unexpected things and nightmare areas that need to be addressed. Suddenly things are going to take alot longer, but Mark doesnt have a team of bodyshop techs to take on these issues.. he is out there after work getting done what he can get done and plus with the heat lately? eesh.. that only slows things down a bit more. He like I do not deal with the heat very well, I can relate because when i was doing car projects out of my garage in the summer i could only take so much and go back in to cool off for awhile, get my head cleared and then back out to do some more sanding sanding sanding..! u go nuts trying to find all the flaws that keep popping up. I go over to his place when I can to eyeball things and help out with some of the little stuff that needs smoothing out.. when I point somthing out he breaks my pointing finger with a hammer From past experience working with fiberglass hoods. and patch work.. I can truely say it can be a B*tch! I talked with him last night and he is not fed up with the car by any means! A bit frustrated maybe with the delays.. but overall he said he loves working on this car because its turning out the way he wants it to but it is just very time consuming. Yes D-day may be coming but unlike Overhaulin we dont have the magic of the editing room and 2 dozen people to slap things together when the car is still up on blocks and 50% of the car is still apart and 6 hours to go until the customer shows up?! We are still in body shop phase with this thing and it still has to go to Archies for the mechanics, electrical, interior and all the rest of the fun stuff! Realisticly you also have to figure in a certain amount of fudge factor for that phase also.. there will be problems to be worked out, there always is.. thats the nature of the beast when it comes to cutsom car projects.
------------------

[This message has been edited by GMGW3 (edited 07-19-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow....now what do I say? I've been busting it for 2 solid months trying to get this done for the 25th and it just isn't going to happen. Mark

Don't fret, your 2 mounth of busting your sore fingers aren't in vain, cause Troy and I are coming to see #022!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-19-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These 2 pics are in process pics while we were in the middle of the above work. The pics I took just before leaving the shop today were to fuzzy, so I'll take them again tomorrow.

Here's a couple better pics.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well while Mark takes a break from working on the Perfect Union, we have it back at the shop.

I trailered up to Mark's place sunday afternoon & picked it up.

We unloaded it from the trailer this morning & got to work.

Here it is just after we unloaded it....

We put it up on jackstands so we could hang some pretty parts on it.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We installed the front suspension & the P.S. modified crossmember......

WE put the new rear "A" arms on......

The new chrome fan for the Alt. came in so I got a pic of that installed....

Then we put the engine into the car & put on the Chrome coil covers...... and man it looks great.

Troy's got the vision.

However, I took about 50 pictures of it & I have to sort thru them to find a few of the best to post up & that's going to take me a little time.

So check back in a few monutes.

Archie
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, is that an RCC control arm?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock