Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 20)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367709 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be ok with the NACA duct, not the lincoln/buick/mercedes/cadillac side vents, to mee it doesnt fit the make, theme or style fo the car.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I would be ok with the NACA duct, not the lincoln/buick/mercedes/cadillac side vents, to mee it doesnt fit the make, theme or style fo the car.

IMO, I agree too.

Hmm...the Caddy side vents (chrome or not) IMO wouldn't flow with the other vents already on the car due to the center piece dividing the vents and doesn't have a "race-ready" flow.

Maybe if that piece was removed then it would match the existing vent found on the side rear vents and the ones located on the deck (currently not cut out)? Your car IMO has a "race-ready" flow and the clear ones (clear or not) fit the bill but better, where and how it will look is the toughest question. It seems the work for the "race-ready" Fiero. Notice the little vent on the side.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some places look like a "blank" canvas for more modifications but sometimes blank is good... the car is looking awesome already, I guess what I'm saying is try not to "over-mod" it or clutter it.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the general consensus, time to wrap this baby up before I hit the over kill switch. I may play with the clear nascar vents mounted into the rear quarter windows.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACA_duct
some more information on the clear scoops.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I agree with the general consensus, time to wrap this baby up before I hit the over kill switch. I may play with the clear nascar vents mounted into the rear quarter windows.

Yeah, don't change it too much. Your car is going to be the featured car in the foreground on the "T" shirts I commissioned today so you don't want to get too crazy!!!!

Archie
rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this car is pretty sweet, once i have the money to do something like this i deffinitly will

the only thing i would do at this point is make the tail lights LED, use two red strips and one yellow and put them inside the stock lenses, so it looks stock but also has a modern look, almost all the new high class cars have LED tails now, and it really isn't a hard mod either.

Travis
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that back side is so clean. "throw some d's on that....." j/k

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news Archie!! The 13" brake package was shipped out to me today! As soon as I get them I will ship them to you.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good news Archie!! The 13" brake package was shipped out to me today! As soon as I get them I will ship them to you.

This is a good sign.

Archie
reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Where did that spoiler come from? I have to have one. By the way, the craftsmanship is excellent!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reapermedic:

Archie,
Where did that spoiler come from? I have to have one. By the way, the craftsmanship is excellent!

The Camero bow-tie wing was/is made by Sage.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because we are planning to take this car to the Daytona Show in a few weeks to show it off a little, We've decided to put a coat of primer White on it just so it's all one color.

Mark is planning to come over Saturday to shoot the primer.

Here's what it looked like a couple of days ago.....

We sanded & masked it off today...... now it look like this........

Mark, we're ready for you.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delay on the brakes!!!! They were just shipped Thursday, I should have them by Monday or Tuesday. I will ship them to you over night $$$ . We may need the ability to stop the car at Daytona
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Mark, we're ready for you.

Archie

We had some medical issues to deal with this morning and couldn't come. I'll be there Wednesday after work.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 03-03-2007).]

lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy...maybe i missed a post but have you decided on color yet?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Operation: "White-Out" on hold?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. The car will be sprayed Wednesday afternoon. It'll be ready to rumble!

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you sleeping ok troyboy? i can only imagine how hard it is to sleep when your car is sooo close to being done!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lovethemPF:

I hope he goes with the Orange

Archie
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like somebody is starting to learn photoshop...
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lovethemPF:

Yep, I think Archie gave you a clue

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

are you sleeping ok troyboy? i can only imagine how hard it is to sleep when your car is sooo close to being done!

Sleep? who needs sleep
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

looks like somebody is starting to learn photoshop...

Yeah, I wish that was my work.

If I could learn the photoshop skills that I've seen used on this Forum, then I think I'd have learned enough skills to last me & keep me busy 'til I croak.

You have a PM.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-06-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shipping out to you tomorrow Archie!!
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, where's the painted pic's?
Guess I will have to wait till Daytona and check it out in person.
Gary
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No No No We can't wait till Daytona . We want pics ASAP.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't afford to go to daytona so i would like some pics please!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

No No No We can't wait till Daytona . We want pics ASAP.

I just got off the phone with Archie. One painted side is finished on the "Perfect Union."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-07-2007).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there is primer on the car. It's entirely white and looks really great! It's not going to be painted before Daytona.....it's just got a couple of coats of a primer / sealer to protect the bodywork until the car is painted it's final color. It's amazing how much different the car looks when it's one color and you can't see the areas where the bodywork was done. Archie has pics of the car in primer and it's fabulous! It really changes the character of the car.

Mark

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is Mark shooting the Primer

& some pics of the car when he was done....

Archie
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks aggresive... I like
PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The paint looks great. Thanks for the pic's
Gary
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for a great job Mark, Archie and Crew.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for a great job Mark, Archie and Crew.

Well, it's just a 1st primer coat, but it's all one color & is a good place for the body guy to start.

Troy, give me a call if you get some time tomorrow.

Archie
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Looks very nice....just wondering of you plan on keeping the stock mirrors or if you're going with something different.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
Looks very nice....just wondering of you plan on keeping the stock mirrors or if you're going with something different.

I've been looking in to that ,but I haven't found a set that I like yet. IMO most after market mirrors don't fit the fiero.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMO most after market mirrors don't fit the fiero.

Agreed, and painting them body color makes them look that much better.
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, man, make an insert for the stock hood like that to sell. Or a whole shell, I guess. NICE....

That thing is bada$$.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, did you guys cut the openings on the deck lid? Or were they masked off which may it appear to not be cut opened?

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I first looked at this thread a couple of weeks ago, and can't help but heap praise on the work done here.I would give up most things I have to be able to work in an environment like this
But... am I allowed to make a comment about the car, without getting crucified? Of course, I realise this is a car for a specific person, and I am sure he will be over the moon with the end product.
When I first saw the pictures of the car all together, I was struck by a thought that the front is too long and heavy.It seems to say 'front engine, rearwheel drive'...which spoils the reality of the car actually being mid-engined.
It did cross my mind that the different colours might have be having an illusional effect, but now it is in one colour, it still looks the same way,TO ME ( and I realise my opinion is irrelevant to the owner). Maybe it has to be that way to accommodate those long long headlight units? Anyhow, I also thought the front is too narrow in relation to the rear half..so I knocked up a poor adaption in Paint, just to satisfy myself.Having done it, I thought maybe you wouldn't mind if I shared it here.If you want to pick it to pieces, I don't have any problem with that, honestly.This is not intended in any way to be a direct criticism of the work done..it is just an innate feeling that I get..fire away
Here is the interpretation I hashed up, against the actual car..and finally, I realise the 'real thing in real life' probably doesn't look the same as in the photos

Nick
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock