Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367684 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The opening isn't wide enough for all 5 bulbs to show but it still looks great.

Another modern "tweak" gone good.
IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
out with the old lights: (BTW for sale)

in with the new:
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob is working on the mounting hardware as we speak.

For those that are working on the idea of putting these lights in their Fiero, notice how the light housing extends a few inches behind the light. Strong & good mounting needs to be made to keep the lights steady while driving. While still allowing some kind of vertical adjustment for aiming after it's all put together.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time line;

Fierorama 2006

Daytona 2007;

G35 era

after-the-25th

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-22-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Time line;

Fierorama 2006

Daytona 2007;

G35 era

after-the-25th

I'm laughing at this one before I even post it.

I want to see the finished picture before he11 freezes over.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?

Not sure why this thread is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!
It reminds me of another loooooooooooooooong thread!

Is this the only thing Fiero owner have to look upt to?
Come on guys
This is like a very long episode of Unique Auto Sports!

[This message has been edited by AJxtcman (edited 08-22-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time line;

Thanks for the time line. This car has come a long way. He could have just bolted on an IMSA kit and left it at that, but he has gone way beyond that.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow Troy those new lights are just sick !

Hot, hot, hot !!!

It really modernizes the car, rather in fact, it moves it past the present and takes it into the future.

Very futuristic looking !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJxtcman:

?

Not sure why this thread is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!
It reminds me of another loooooooooooooooong thread!

Come on guys

Well if you learn to read, start from page one, read each post (just looking at the pictures is not reading), maybe just maybe you would have a clue.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-23-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on guys

WTF is your problem? If you paid any attention you would know most of the people posting in this thread repeatedly have very nice Fieros of their own. Troy is a friend and an enthusiast that is taking his car to a new level and we enjoy seeing it and talking about it.

------------------

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Well if you learn to read, start from page one, read each post (just looking at the pictures is not reading), maybe just maybe you would have a clue.

I started when this was fresh and kept up with it for a while. Lets see Daytona and maybe up to and shortly after the Dells Run 2007
I pop in from time to time, but I will admit I don't read this every day any more.

BTW the guy pouring gas on him self is me opening my mouth!

I have a few customers with deep pockets. One guy has a very fine AMG and likes to spend money another guy has this car. I have installed Nitrous on it after this Video. Your pockets have to be doing Very Well.

You must be going on about 3 years with this correct? I don't mean this thread I mean from the beginning.

The math part $20k to $40K per year labor times 3 years would be $60k to $120k + parts. Um 2 new crate engines correct. I am sure Archie bought the one that was used in the car for a short time back from you for a small fee. Lot of nice parts and they all cost money.
I haven't seen the car in over a year now, but I am sure it is worth ever penny to you.

I know the owner of the AMG did not pay $50K for it used and I would rather have it. I hate German cars, but it drives nice and runs mid 12's.
I can get an STS-V for under $40k with less than 10k miles on it.
PFF
System Bot
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

WTF is your problem? If you paid any attention you would know most of the people posting in this thread repeatedly have very nice Fieros of their own. Troy is a friend and an enthusiast that is taking his car to a new level and we enjoy seeing it and talking about it.

I know
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AJxtcman

1098 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Troy and Archie I was not attacking you guy's just looking at it from the outside in. Lots of time and $$$$$$ for a car.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm laughing at this one before I even post it.

I want to see the finished picture before he11 freezes over.

That is one beautiful nose. IMO perfect in every way. Outstanding! I'd buy that nose in a heatbeat. Judging from your comments I take it things are moving slowly though.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy and Archie I was not attacking you guy's just looking at it from the outside in. Lots of time and $$$$$$ for a car.

Dude, you need add more "favorites" to your list. I have over 50 of them.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071254.html

Nice. I'll need to save this thread as my favorite. Question, what's the name of the company that beefed-up the tranny?

Quit looking at the $$$ involved and enjoy the ride.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, as of this afternoon the Perfect Union is in the Trailer ready to back to Mark's.

The CAI has been routed.

The grills in the hood......the green tape identifies each grill on the car because we have to remove all of them before the paint.

A little look at the lights....

They came out before we loaded it too.

A little mirror mod.....

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The CAI has been routed.

Archie

That's the nicest CAI I've seen in a while. The whole car is nice, it's hard to find my favorite part.
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, as of this afternoon the Perfect Union is in the Trailer ready to back to Mark's.
Archie

All right. Off to paint! Moving closer to completion.

Mark, PLEASE take lots of pictures and post them ASAP.

I think all of us can't wait to see what this bad boy will look like when its done.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photoshop:

real deal;

A little mirror mod.....

Archie

Now that's perfect!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2008).]

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say the car is coming out GREAT.

Question, is the car going to keep the ribbed moldings ?

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 08-27-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, your car is just amazing I cant wait to see it painted.
Archie and the crew my hat is off to all of you. GREAT JOB!
25 years and the Fiero is still evolving thanks to the die hard fans.
GM take notice!
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where are those lights from?

[This message has been edited by arte444 (edited 08-27-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:
Where are those lights from?

NSX-R
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The CAI has been routed.

Archie

Where is the MAF mounted - by the air filter or by the throttle body?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:
Where is the MAF mounted - by the air filter or by the throttle body?

The MAF on the LS3, LS376 & LS7 is is a small flat thing about half the size of a credit card. It slides into a fitting that will be attached to the CAI pipe. It's not the big round part that you see on the LS1, LS2 or LS6.

I'll try to remember to take pic of it tomorrow.

BTW, I'm putting together a parts list for the CAI for those that want to put it on their LSx engines.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-27-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is looking great!!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is back in the paint booth. I'm going to have to do a bit of repainting as the modifications in the engine compartment have....um.....taken the shine off of a little bit of the bay walls.

I start on it this weekend.

Mark
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

The car is back in the paint booth. I'm going to have to do a bit of repainting as the modifications in the engine compartment have....um.....taken the shine off of a little bit of the bay walls.

I start on it this weekend.

Mark

That's correct.

We had to make some mods to get the oil tank mounted where it needed to be. Made a mounting bracket in the side of the frame rail & notched the crossmember a little bit to move the tank forward a little.

Had to put a hole thru to get that big old 4" CAI thru...

We also welded in a "U" channel along the front bulkhead for the metal shield to set in.....

Also had to weld in some metal & drill some holes so we could mount the Waterpump in the only space we had left.

We brought back the decklid from Mark's so we could work on figuring out how & where to mount the decklid grills.

These are not mounted for the last time yet because they still need to be painted.

In a couple of days we'll be getting the polished metal for the underside of the decklid & we'll have to finalize all the mounting at that point.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

I just wanted to say the car is coming out GREAT.

Question, is the car going to keep the ribbed moldings ?

Thanks, and yes I'm keeping the ribbed molding. The IMSA kit that I'm using has the molding molded into the fenders and other places:

earlier on in the project a couple of pff friends photoshoped the car with out the molding and I did not like the look.

so I decided to keep it.

edit to show more pics with molding

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-30-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-30-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting so excited that you posted twice??
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5181 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Too late Troyboy, I saw the double post.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Too late Troyboy, I saw the double post.

and for that quick eye my friend you get a plus+
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, I can't wait to get this car back together.

As good as it looked before, it's hard to imagine how good it will look with all the new body changes & the paint finished.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-30-2008).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome job Archie. I can't wait to see it all done.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish we had a few "Labor Day" pics. After all, a lot of labor went into this car. Mark, please give us something.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing to show yet. I've been working on my Suburban front axle u-joints along with some necessary maintenance on Kristie's Grand Am. I did wash the car, though, but I didn't get any pics yet. I'll snap something tomorrow after work. We had the Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary this weekend here in Milwaukee and spent a bit of time with the neighbors and their friends with bikes. My neighbor across the street works for Harley and had his own celebration. Yes, there was alcohol, no, there are no pics of hooties.

Mark
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

there are no pics of hooties.

Mark

But I have some!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

But I have some!

I think it's important to share with your felow Fiero Owners Group ( F.O.G. )

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock