Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 44)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367636 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The look like Captain Kirk seats.

Standard equipment when you order the Warp Drive.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero38SC:

I think with all that extra power and weight, you should upgrade those swaybars to these:

I'm sure with those fat tires, this will make it handle like it is on rails. Plus its adjustable.

Jason

It might not fit? Troy's inner rim stick-in greater and the new Mandrel 3" pipes that Troy purchased might interfere with RRunner's system.

I too am wanting one of RRunner's, but I'm worried about clearance issues.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-03-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

[And they said you couldn't put a full 3" diameter dual exhaust with "H" pipe, on a Fiero

We also put a bunch of stuff together on the front end of the chassis. Lower radiator mount, sway bar etc. but I forgot to take pics of that.

Archie

Nice pipes Troy. I'm glad you got what you wanted and not settling for anything less. Besides, the stock C7 uses 3" Mandrel pipes so why on earth would any person buying LS engines settle for anything less than what comes from the factory.

Edit: I'm sure the Insergents on RTF are totally silent now.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-03-2008).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

If the ones I've already purchased don't hold I'll upgrade if needed. At this point I just want the car home. Thanks for the info

I really doubt you'll have any problems with yours, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Fiero38SC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It might not fit? Troy's inner rim stick-in greater and the new Mandrel 3" pipes that Troy purchased might interfere with RRunner's system.

I too am wanting one of RRunner's, but I'm worried about clearance issues.

I too want one, but I have to get mine together first.

Those giant pipes might interfere with the Fiero Store's also. The biggest problem with mine is ground clearance. If you bottom out, that is what will hit, but that may be a good thing. I have even bent and broken off the mounting bolts.

It might be possible that Troy's wheels are big enough to wrap around the end links. We will see.

[This message has been edited by Fiero38SC (edited 08-04-2008).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a sound clip!!!!!!!!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I need a sound clip!!!!!!!!

I'll do a sound clip for you tomorrow.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We had to make some adapters to get the Fiero seat rails where we needed them.

Then we got the seats mounted.

The new exhaust bands/clamps came in so we should have the exhaust finalized tomorrow.

Also the boots for the modified P.S. rack came in today & they look like they are going to fint fine. We'll stick them on tomorrow too, just so we know we have that area done.

Archie
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it that I like those seats a lot??

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finalized the exhaust on the car today......

Then we took it out get it ready to send to plating later this week.

Notice the equalizer pipe & notice that the tips & mufflers are clamp on because they will not be going to plating.

Archie
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust came out nice, I have to redo mine and you have given me something to think about.
Thanks for sharing.
PFF
System Bot
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pipes look really good. Clever plumbing job.

I can't wait to hear a sound clip.

Keep up the good work.

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't really know how to do a sound clip.

I do know how to post a video to UTube.

Considering that a video includes sound, we decided to try a sound clip on video.

So I'm just testing the sound, pay no attention to the video part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLut_i6t8s

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-05-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Considering that a video includes sound, we decided to try a sound clip on video.

Archie

Good one Archie , Great job and the pipes!!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

You're not right
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To pages back, we can't have that!
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I think you need to add some fart cans to give it some volume ..it sounds weak
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

thats going to be one wicked sound ...I bet car alarms will go off on a regular basis
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

thats going to be one wicked sound ...I bet car alarms will go off on a regular basis

If the exhaust is to loud this is plan "B"

Brand: Dynatech
Product Line: Dynatech Vortex Insert Cones
Part Type: Exhaust Inserts
Part Number: DTC-72-32520
Diameter (in): 3.000 in.
Exhaust Insert Style: Cone
Exhaust Insert Material: Stainless steel
Length (in): 4.750 in.
Quantity: Sold individually.

Exhaust Insert, Vortex, Cone-Style, 4.75 in. Long, 3 in. Diameter, Stainless Steel, Each

Don't get caught by the sound police.
Rules--they're everywhere. When it comes to sound requirements, they can't be ignored. Don't take chances with sound control, or you may end up on the trailer. Vortex cone inserts from Dynatech easily install near the exit of the header collector or muffler outlet to reflect and dissipate sound energy, reducing the decibel level. Because the open area of the cones is greater than the area of the collector or exhaust pipe, there's no significant backpressure, so you reduce noise with little or no power loss. The cones are made from T-304 stainless steel and weigh less than 1/2 lb. each.

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this soundclip of a '99 Vette with a Pypes Racepro exhaust. The pypes mufflers on the exhaust are part of the Racepro series, so the sound should be somewhat similar.

http://pysales.com/movies/9...ut-pypes-racepro.MPG

I am betting that the exhaust is going to be very loud. But it looks like it should have some pretty good flow. I am definietly suprised that a 3" dual exhaust setup would fit. I know I was skeptical, but I am impressed with the results. I'll be looking foward to soundclips.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.74@106.2mph 1/4 mile
www.gmtuners.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

I found this soundclip of a '99 Vette with a Pypes Racepro exhaust. The pypes mufflers on the exhaust are part of the Racepro series, so the sound should be somewhat similar.

http://pysales.com/movies/9...ut-pypes-racepro.MPG

I am betting that the exhaust is going to be very loud. But it looks like it should have some pretty good flow. I am definietly suprised that a 3" dual exhaust setup would fit. I know I was skeptical, but I am impressed with the results. I'll be looking foward to soundclips.

I'm thinking that this car might be a bit louder than the 'Vette in that clip.

The 'Vette has 6 or 8 more feet of exhaust pipe snaking along under the car than we do.

I'm hoping that the balance tube & the 180 degree bends help us out a bit.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

If the exhaust is to loud this is plan "B"

Brand: Dynatech
Product Line: Dynatech Vortex Insert Cones
Part Type: Exhaust Inserts
Part Number: DTC-72-32520
Diameter (in): 3.000 in.
Exhaust Insert Style: Cone
Exhaust Insert Material: Stainless steel
Length (in): 4.750 in.
Quantity: Sold individually.

Exhaust Insert, Vortex, Cone-Style, 4.75 in. Long, 3 in. Diameter, Stainless Steel, Each

Don't get caught by the sound police.
Rules--they're everywhere. When it comes to sound requirements, they can't be ignored. Don't take chances with sound control, or you may end up on the trailer. Vortex cone inserts from Dynatech easily install near the exit of the header collector or muffler outlet to reflect and dissipate sound energy, reducing the decibel level. Because the open area of the cones is greater than the area of the collector or exhaust pipe, there's no significant backpressure, so you reduce noise with little or no power loss. The cones are made from T-304 stainless steel and weigh less than 1/2 lb. each.

interesting...my car is loud I just might look into getting a set of these ..I wonder how long they will last
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking that this car might be a bit louder than the 'Vette in that clip.

The 'Vette has 6 or 8 more feet of exhaust pipe snaking along under the car than we do.

I'm hoping that the balance tube & the 180 degree bends help us out a bit.

Archie

Oh I'm sure it'll be louder. I was using that clip more to give people an idea of the tone the exhaust should have. An LS-series engine with the same series of muffler should be farily close in sound. Although this one will be much louder! I'm sure it will sound better than my exhaust though. The 3800 has one of the worst sounding exhausts ever, IMO.

If this projec comes close to the sound in the clip, it'll be pretty awesome.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.74@106.2mph 1/4 mile
www.gmtuners.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To pages back, we can't have that!

Nice grill picks Troy. The octagon grill really looks nice on #022.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 2 is nowhere for this thread to be.

We made the grills & mounted them today.

They are mounted so that they can be removed for painting. Front........

The rear grill.......

Troy, check your EMail.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy, check your EMail.

Archie

The pic's from the email look great it's a go. No what to use for the front and rear decks?

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-08-2008).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Page 2 is nowhere for this thread to be.

We made the grills & mounted them today.

They are mounted so that they can be removed for painting. Front........

The rear grill.......

Troy, check your EMail.

Archie

HOLY CRAP, that looks freaking AWESOME. Man, that car is going to be one of the sickest Fieros ever. I would love to see that thing pull into a car show, not your typical Vette or Mustang.

Great work Archie and Troy, I can't wait to see this thing finished.
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie or Troy,

Where did you get that grill mesh? Does it come in a smaller pattern?

Cars looking great, can't wait to see it finished.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
American Exotic; It now looks like a Pontiac piece.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark (FireFox) brought us a present today.

This is the side you'll see from underneath the car.

I wish there was a way to tell you how beautiful the paint actually is.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-09-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pics of the backside mounting points for the grills?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any pics of the backside mounting points for the grills?

Yeah, I agree, the tank looks great.

I can't wait to see it mounted.

Archie
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DOnt go over the train tracks to fast with that under the car.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think the tank looks fabulous. It'll look great when the car is flying through the air like Speed Racer.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, if the gas tank looks that great, I can't wait to see the finished car!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mark (FireFox) brought us a present today.

This is the side you'll see from underneath the car.

I wish there was a way to tell you how beautiful the paint actually is.

Archie

If mark can make a gas tank look that good, I can't wait to see the job he does on the car. Great job Mark.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Mark don't for get to take pic's from your trip, Stories about the the one that got away don't count with out pic's . Enjoy you deserve it.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL Archie, I just saw your video on Youtube where you light the LS1 Solstice up. You still have quite a bit of gusto for an old timer! I don't mean any offense by the old timer part either.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

LOL Archie, I just saw your video on Youtube where you light the LS1 Solstice up. You still have quite a bit of gusto for an old timer! I don't mean any offense by the old timer part either.

Wait 'til you see what the old timer does with the LS3 I'm putting in it right now.

Youuuuu, wippersnapper.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
when Mark was here on Saturday, we talked about some of the stuff we could go ahead & finish installing & that he would mask around.

So today we installed the gas tank, water pipes & heater box. They also made the 1/4 panel vent grills. Rob started installing the A/C tubes that run the length of the car however one of them was badly corroded, so we stole one off of one of my Fiero of dream cars. Then cleaned them all up & now we need to get some new insulation for them before we put them in.

They also polished the 2 pipes coming out of the heater box, Rob also is in the process of polishing the rest of the A/C componets that go under the front hood.

I had to take my wife into Rush for her monthly treatment today so I didn't get any in process pics. Here are a few pics I took this afternoon.

More pics tomorrow.

Archie

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock