Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates ....anyone....anybody....? The wait is killing me
IP: Logged
gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waaaaaaaazzzzzzz uuuuuup no pic hmmmmmmmm I will check back in a year then .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WARNING; POST PICS!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-05-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark what is your estimated completion date? I need to start making plans for a pick up date, and I know that Archie has at least three weeks worth of work to do on the car once it's back at his shop. At this point I'm sure it will not make it to the 25Th but I would still like to have the car back in New York by early August. Going forward I'm not going to ask for updates or pics, at this point it's irrelevant.

Archie once the car is back at your shop call me so we can set a delivery date.

Troy
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've received a lot of PMs and emails about the car not making it to the 25th. Just a point of clarification the delay is not all due to the paint job, we still have parts on back order. Mark is doing a great job and I wouldn't want him to rush the paint job at this point (but more updates would have been nice ) , nor would I want Archie to just slap it together just for the show. I'm very meticulous about my cars and I have high expectations for the final product and I know Mark and Archie will deliver given the proper time to do so. Let's just see what happens

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-07-2008).]

LT-5Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT-5FieroSend a Private Message to LT-5FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

If anyone has any input on Dry Sump LS7 tanks in general & Peterson Fluid Systems in particular, let me know because I want to order this tomorrow if I can.

MuscleCar on SpikeTV just ran an episode this weekend installing a Peterson dry sump system for an LS7 in their Year One Tribute Trans-Am. Had some good tips on installing the tank itself, the breather tank, size of lines, etc. I have it saved on my DVR.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
I'm very meticulous about my cars and I have high expectations for the final product and I know Mark and Archie will deliver given the proper time to do so. Let's just see what happens

Hey, don't leave me out of the picture. I'd like to pick mine up too at the same time your picking up #022. This will be the last time both cars will ever get the chance to be in the same place, same shop, and same time.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT-5Fiero:

MuscleCar on SpikeTV just ran an episode this weekend installing a Peterson dry sump system for an LS7 in their Year One Tribute Trans-Am. Had some good tips on installing the tank itself, the breather tank, size of lines, etc. I have it saved on my DVR.

Yeah, I was visiting relatives. Everyone else was BS'ing in the other room & I was watching Power Block. I grabbed my notebook & took what I think was good notes but it'd be great to see your video if you can send me a copy.

From what I saw, I learned more than what Peterson told me on the phone.

Archie
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....but more updates would have been nice ) ...

The updates are hard sometimes. I'm sorry for that. I've been lax in the pics because at this stage the pics don't show much. I've sanded down the front and rear clips over the weekend and finished of all of the little details and as soon as I get the engine compartment painted the car gets reassembled for the final paint job. There is just so much to do when you go this far with a paint job that the little details keep popping up that need to be fixed, but I'm very happy with the results and I want to keep it that way. I was hoping to get the car reassembled this weekend and have paint in the engine compartment and everything edged but that didn't happen. It's ready to go as of tonight for paint in the engine bay, and first thing after work tomorrow the paint will fly. Then I'll put the clips back on and edge those plus finish off a repair on the roof panel. Then the car gets it's final go-over and things turn orange in large scale.

Here are the pics from the weekend.....

The engine bay and some of the filler work so smooth things out......

The underside of the rear decklid. I'm really tired of this thing.......

The rear clip with it's final sanding. It's ready for edging and looks fabulous.....

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The attention to details is much appreciated
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do the 4" CAI parts look Archie?

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-09-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troyboy,
this is going to be A great car and fast. I would love to see it in person someday when it is done.
done? is there such a thing?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

done? is there such a thing?

My checkbook says YES.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How do the 4" CAI parts look Archie?

Actually, the quality of the parts looks real good. Can't wait to start putting them together on the car.

The place doing the Chrome plating on the intake & coil covers is supposed to be shipping them back to me tomorrow.

I've got the oil lines ordered that go up to the rack & back (<~ I'm poet & don't know it) I hope the fit when everything gets here.

Archie
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am very jealous, I started my car 4 years ago and you're already on a second motor, a bigger motor and have done so much to make the car over the top on every corner. I will finish mine one day, if I ever win the lottery I will just haul it into Archie and let him finish it
Good job!

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-09-2008).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!! Looking for some Paint

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok..pic time. The engine bay is painted and looks excellent. I had a few issues to deal with and some respraying and that's why the delay, but here's a couple....

Some of the black needs a little retouching from overspray but the color looks really great. I'll have pics in the sun tomorrow if I can. we've had a few evenings of storms and rain tands to mess up the pics. But, now I can get the body somewhat reassembled for final painting.

More to come.

Mark
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That color is just simply beautiful.

WOW.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures are a good thing, keep them coming.

I even have some donations.

I finalized all the parts for the belt drive incorporating the P.S. pump.

Bolted on the Chrome valve covers & coil holders today.....

I'm getting the camera warmed up because, according to the tracking number, the Chrome Intake manifold & coil covers will be here Tuesday.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. More pics.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear clip is back on the car. Tomorrow is big prep day.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The decklid is almost finished. I'm painting the underside tonight ( I'm in between color coats ) and the top side is ready for color. The hood and doors just need to be touched up a bit and they are ready for painting and edging, plus the front and rear clips are ready. The weather is perfect this weekend and I was able to get a lot done today and tomorrow is looking perftect for work. I expect to paint the underside of the hood, edge the doors, rockers, front and rear clips. I'd like to have everything ready and set for painting after work on Monday. Everything is looking spectacular and I'm very happy with the results. I think Troy will like it, too.......

I'll post pics after I spray clear in a little while.

Mark
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok.....here is the decklid in it's final primer and just about ready to spray...

This is one of the imperfections in the fiberglass that needed to be repaired. It was another air bubble in the fiberglass...

The rear clip on the car with the painted engine bay.....

The top of the rear deck in white base color.....

The underside in white base....

The underside in color and finished.....

Lots more work tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great Mark
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mark, What the ETA at Archie's?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 07-13-2008).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alex4mula

7403 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Two more weeks! This is gonna start looking like one of those Overhauling episodes where "D" day is just around the corner. Hope everything falls into place in time
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Mark, What the ETA at Archie's?

At this time, I'm really not sure. I've been working on the underside of the hood all day and it's been difficult to make everything look smooth enough for show. The larger hood vent really is messing with certain contours with the original hood and I've been smoothing out quite a few things. I'd like to paint the underside of the hood if I can and that will get it back on the car tomorrow. Everything is coming together but I'm not rushing it. Yes, I do feel the pressure! The car will be ready for Archie as soon as it's painted, and as for a time, if I try to set a day something will happen to mess that up. I'm hoping I don't have another crappy week like last week at work so I can get home to work on the car.

Mark

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would this be today's nightmare Mark?

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm.......that looks familiar. It's a little smoother now.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would this be today's nightmare Mark?

Wow, those are some old pics. Jan. 2006.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Two more weeks! This is gonna start looking like one of those Overhauling episodes where "D" day is just around the corner. Hope everything falls into place in time

Actually in 2 weeks, we'll be heading BACK from the show.

We're leaving Thursday morning july 24th.

We have 8 working days left. Overhauling has like 20 builders getting the car done by "D" day. There isn't even enough room in a Fiero for 20 people to stick their hands in at the same time.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to start the count down to the 25TH.

35 day to departure

will #22 be finished in time??????

NO WAY...... at this point I don't even think it will be a rolling chasey so......

Time to start the count down to the 30TH.
5 years and XX days

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the car won't be done for the 25th.....

How about the Daytona show ?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Since the car won't be done for the 25th.....

How about the Daytona show ?

That would be nice, It would be nice to show the completed car at a Fiero show. But at 5+$ for gas and to tow from NY to FL so I could bring the family may be a bit much. That would eat into the budget for phase three (the conclusion)
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When the car gets here, we intend to bust butt for 2 or 3 days & then evaluate where we stand & how much time we have left before the show.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-15-2008).]

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be nice, It would be nice to show the completed car at a Fiero show. But at 5+$ for gas and to tow from NY to FL so I could bring the family may be a bit much. That would eat into the budget for phase three (the conclusion)

I would be happy to show it for you so you can stay home with your family

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The excitement builds......

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock