Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 40)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, kids.....time for more pics. Lots of work done this weekend and getting much closer to paint....

getting the engine compartment ready to paint.....almost done

Rear clip prep....

Primer.....

Spraying the sound deadener on the insdie of the rear clip.....the front clip is already done

I just have a bit of final sanding on the rear clip. It's almost ready for edging, and when I paint the engine compartment I'll edge the rear clip and reinstall. Then I can pull the front clip again, egde the front clip, the doors, and the rockers, then finish prep the hood and rear deck.

One step at a time....

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 06-22-2008).]

IP: Logged
jimbuca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbucaSend a Private Message to jimbucaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
were did you get that frt bumper cover from ? I really like the look Joe

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Originally posted by troyboy:
how about this:

Have you decided yet about the color ? This color looks not too far off for a comparison:

This is a gunmetal color with a hint of olive green, which adds to a 'chique/classy' appearance considering the comments I get. It is a Toyota mica color. I can pm you the code and 2 alternatives I had. It looks quite stealth until sunlight hits and it will sparkle
close up
side pic
Anyway, please take a careful look at your choice of paint, its a mod too and it has to work with the total package.
good luck

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2008 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SOLD someone got a great deal

Who was it?

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 days and no updates...and way back beyond page 5....oh my...

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to start the count down to the 25TH.

35 day to departure

will #22 be finished in time??????

29!

Get the sleeping bags ready Archie

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-25-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

29!

Get the sleeping bags ready Archie

PICS!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-25-2008).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While we set on the edge of the seat, let me post a little update from this end.

I have the CAI tubes ordered & they should be in tomorrow.

Talked to the people plating the transmission case late last week. They say they're a couple of weeks behind something about their nickel plating tank being down & no one can fix it?!?!? I told her we needed it for a upcoming show in late July (I told them the same thing when I dropped it off 7 weeks ago) She said, "What's your Drop Dead date?" I said "yesterday".

I talked to the Plastics plating place in FL about when the intake & Coil covers will be done. They said I'll have them in my place in about a week.

Been working on finding an Oil Tank for the Dry sump system. The Stock tank from the ZO6 is 8" in diameter & 24" tall. It's would have been impossible to package that in the room we have left to work with. That tank is pretty expensive & it would take some polishing to make it shine like it has to. So, I've talked to Peterson Fluid systems http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/tank_spec.html twice in the last 2 days. The tank that we're talking about is 9" in diameter & 16" tall. That's still a packaging nightmare for us. I need to mount it down as low as I can but the exhaust is going to take a lot of room in the rear. The guy I talked to at Peterson suggested that I could mount it up front, so I'm thinking on that too.

So tomorrow I gotta mockup a 9" X 16" cylinder & figure out a place to put it.

If anyone has any input on Dry Sump LS7 tanks in general & Peterson Fluid Systems in particular, let me know because I want to order this tomorrow if I can.

Also, anyone know of a set of Power Steering hydraulic lines that I can run trhe length of the car to support the P.S. system?

That's it for tonight.

Now I'll turn the Mike over to Mark.

Archie

PS, Troy, call me tomorrow if you can.
------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-25-2008).]

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

So tomorrow I gotta mockup a 9" X 16" cylinder & figure out a place to put it.

What about in the wheel well area? You know, where the fuel vapor tank used to be...Im sure you could fit in the area where the OE V6 air intake water seperator was mounted on the drivers side as well, it may even work out better for you that way. I have my oil cooler in that very location - but with those widebody scoops, theres probably a smaller area to work with, I cant remember.

------------------
87 SE V6 Turbo

Screw the L67...

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 06-25-2008).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, anyone know of a set of Power Steering hydraulic lines that I can run trhe length of the car to support the P.S. system?

The three people I can think of who might be able to help with this are Rodney, Rickady88gt and Cooter as they have all done power steering systems.

[This message has been edited by Jefrysuko (edited 06-26-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

What about in the wheel well area? You know, where the fuel vapor tank used to be...Im sure you could fit in the area where the OE V6 air intake water seperator was mounted on the drivers side as well, it may even work out better for you that way. I have my oil cooler in that very location - but with those widebody scoops, theres probably a smaller area to work with, I cant remember.

The plan is to have the Aircleaner for the CAI in the left scoop area & the Oil cooler in the right scoop area.

Grab a tape measure 9 x 16 is a pretty big cylinder, It has to mount vertical & we'd prefer that the bottom of the tank be about level with the c/line of the crankshaft.

Archie
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

........Now I'll turn the Mike over to Mark.......

No pics tonight. Tomorrow.

Still working on the engine bay, but it's almost ready. I've got the rear clip finished and ready for edging but I can't do that until the engine bay is ready. I've also got the rear deck on the table and I'm cleaning up the underside and getting that ready for paint. The top of the rear deck is ready for primer. Lots going on but the mosquitos came out early tonight. It's warm and humid and I need to set out the traps tomorrow after work.

Mark

PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see...

Well, check this out for your hydro lines - 10ft for $20 bucks, and it holds up to 3,500 psi.

http://www.northerntool.com...uct_6970_29321_29321

------------------
87 SE V6 Turbo

Screw the L67...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

No pics tonight. Tomorrow.
Mark

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to start the count down to the 25TH.

35 day to departure

will #22 be finished in time??????

27! TIC TOC...

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-27-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

x2

I have faith that it can be assembled in time, I know Rob and Kris will pull all-nighters if they have too....

What Im concerned about is the cars paint schedule and production, its all riding on you Mark !

------------------
87 SE V6 Turbo

Screw the L67...

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 06-27-2008).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know. I didn't pull pics tonight. The engine compartment is ready for paint. I'm going to bed.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I know. I didn't pull pics tonight. The engine compartment is ready for paint. I'm going to bed.

Can you give a brother a little hope, and post some pics.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk about cutting this one close. Lets all cross our fingers and pray for troy.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

26-DAYS! TIC TOC...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie I'm trying to get a flight into Chicago next week, I feel the need for a visit.
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just start up the 427, punch the throttle, spin the earth and fast forward the completion
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie I'm trying to get a flight into Chicago next week, I feel the need for a visit.

OK, Don't make it Tuesday, I'm tied up Tuesday.

Let me know when.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
25-DAYS! TICk TOCk...
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Talk about cutting this one close. Lets all cross our fingers and pray for troy.

I'm going as fast as I can, but quality comes first. There is a ton of work to do for final paint and it's mostly detail work that shows up after you paint. The pictures don't always show the amount of work that's needed to make the parts ready for painting and might seem as though there isn't much happening, but when the final product is out there for show those little details would really destroy the work that was put into it. My original timeline was altered by events and I've been in high gear on this since I started on it, but also please keep in mind that I have a regular full-time job in addition to this work. Things are coming along nicely but yes, it's going to cut it close. I'm trying to get the chassis and main parts finished up so I can get the car back to Archie's for reassembly, then I'll finish up the rest of the pieces that I can do seperately.

The underside of the rear deck lid needed a lot of work....

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003
The rear clip is awaiting a final primer and sanding so I can edge when I spray the engine compartment and the underside of the rear deck......

It's ready to go, though.....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the picks Mark. We're sitting on the edges of our seats! When do you think your ETA for assembling at Archie's?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Mark.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

When do you think your ETA for assembling at Archie's?

I don't know exactly. I was supposed to be out of town next weekend for a family reunion get together but I just cancelled that so I can paint the car. I'm going to need the time to finish the car.

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you got pictures from this last weekend

------------------
87 SE 60* Turbo

Screw the L67...

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the LSD, tranny case, chrome covers..... Archie?
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any word on the LSD, tranny case, chrome covers..... Archie?

Uhmmmm.....I guess that's a no.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok.....I need to apologize for the lack of pics. I've been busting my butt on the underside of the rear deck along with a few other little things and it's taking a lot more time than I expected and pics don't show much of anything. The louvers on the rear deck are in pretty decent shape but they were not paint ready. They are expected to be painted flat black so you don't see the fiberglass matting and other imperfections but these are going to be painted body color and need to be as smooth and pretty as the outside of the car. The inside corners and edging is very difficult to get at and it's all teeny tiny sanding and it's killing me. I screamed several times but didn't have a stroke yet. It's going to be primed tonight and should be ready for color tomorrow. I've been holding off on the color spraying so I can do several items at once. I hate wasting paint. So, hang onto your hat. This weekend will see huge progress.

Mark
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uhmmmm.....I guess that's a no.

Actually, I had to make a trip to Indiana today & hadn't seen your post.

I'm sending you a PM

A
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, you'd better finish this car soon. I have it on good authority that unsavory characters have been eyeing your LS7 and may be attempting to sneak off with it when Archie isn't looking. Further investigation has revealed that the suspect has a mere LS2 and is suffering from LS envy:

You were lucky this time, Archie was there and brained the subject with a piston. Fortunately for the perp it was from a duke so he walked away with only a mild headache.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Troy, you'd better finish this car soon. I have it on good authority that unsavory characters have been eyeing your LS7 and may be attempting to sneak off with it when Archie isn't looking. Further investigation has revealed that the suspect has a mere LS2 and is suffering from LS envy:

You were lucky this time, Archie was there and brained the subject with a piston. Fortunately for the perp it was from a duke so he walked away with only a mild headache.

ROFLMAO
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have not solved your power steering issue, West Coast Fiero has a quick solution that works well : http://www.westcoastfiero.c...ering_installed.html

They used stainless steel tubing on mine from the pump to the rack. Takes a small mod to the front trunk floor to build a blister out of fiberglass to clear the plumbing on the top of the rack. The blister is almost unnoticeable unless you are looking for it.

Tremendous job you are doing! Congrats!!

Regards,

David

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-03-2008).]

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update......no, no pics tonight.

The underside of the decklid was primed last night and finished off tonight. There were still a lot of issues with the louvers and they've been corrected so tomorrow should show a lot of progress that won't show up on pics tonight. It's all that small little work that makes things seem to go slow, but boy, do my fingers feel it.

I need a drink.

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have one on me Mark.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock