Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 38)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367703 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie check your email........LSD
IP: Logged
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, guys...

Sorry for the delays. I had a death in the family ( nothing to worry about ) and things got a little tangled for a few days. Back to work tomorrow.

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Hey, guys...

Sorry for the delays. I had a death in the family ( nothing to worry about ) and things got a little tangled for a few days. Back to work tomorrow.

Mark

I hope all is well mark, my condolences to you and your family.

BTW: Archie has the gas tank ready for you .
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Fiero1Fan to the resque, Timo is going to help me import a special octagon grill from Germany.

this is a pic of it in an audi:

It's been on back order for the past 6 months in the states with no arrival date.

THANKS TIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shipped the grill out to you Archie, you should have it by Friday.

Hey Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pics, pics, pics
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Cup holder what do you think?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
oops I forgot the link:

http://www.stylintrucks.com...658&scid=affprod

I'm still shopping for a better price

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-22-2008).]

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the cup holder! Source?

~M

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I shipped the grill out to you Archie, you should have it by Friday.

Hey Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pics, pics, pics

I think things are going to start getting exciting pretty soon on this car.

In the next few weeks We'll start getting parts back from the platers & powdercoaters. The car will be painted soon. I've been ordering parts big & small left & right.

This is going to start getting interesting soon.

Archie
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see this car come alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cup holder what do you think?

]

I think that it goes along nicely with your theme. Should look like it belongs there, I say go for it !

EDIT - Holy cow, I just looked at the price - Yeah, def your style

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 05-22-2008).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Here a couple more...
http://www.thehoffmangroup....so?prodinc=cupholder
http://www.extremeproducts.biz/cup-cupholder.html
Installation instructions.
http://truck.hownd.com/link...rsal_cup_holder.html

You could custom engrave the outside. How about... Vette-Killer

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 05-22-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieroseverywhere

4242 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Hey troy. Make sure you look into the door wire looms on the hoffman site. I think they'd go great with the doors.
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/
I know archie might get upset but the stuff they have might just give you some new ideas. Sorry Archie.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 05-22-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the feedback , cup holders ordered .

The door looms look promising, thanks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avatarofhateSend a Private Message to avatarofhateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good job on the car, can't wait to see the paint job.

[This message has been edited by avatarofhate (edited 05-23-2008).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avatarofhateSend a Private Message to avatarofhateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl, the car in your sig,

is that car made from a fiero as well?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2008 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avatarofhate:

madcurl, the car in your sig,

is that car made from a fiero as well?

Yes.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LSD order placed, according to Quaife it is a direct fit for the US version of the F40. It

should be in house in 2 to 3 weeks.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

I'm not feeling the "old" driving lights anymore with the new mod to the front end sooo....

Hella Micro DE Xenon HID driving lights

This will be in the next shipment to Archie's along with the cup holders and dynomat.

BTW the old ones are up for grabs only 150 miles with about 2 hours on time.

Info on the old Piaa lights: http://www.autoanything.com...hts/69A2145A0A0.aspx

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-24-2008).]

Jakezilla3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How hard would it be to mount those in the stock Fiero location?

BTW, the car looks great, even better than the last rendition, and the one before that, and the one before that. Keep up the great work!

------------------
88 Fiero Formula V6 auto
99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
99 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5speed

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jakezilla3:

How hard would it be to mount those in the stock Fiero location?

BTW, the car looks great, even better than the last rendition, and the one before that, and the one before that. Keep up the great work!

They will fit in the stock nose nicely, you should be able to use the built in marker light as a turn signal, but I'm not sure.

That's Kris's arm in there holding the light while Archie took the picture.

[/QUOTE]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Boy it sure would be nice to get an update...........MARK!!!!!! I can't believe your making me do this, but here it goes:

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, ok.....I just got home from our long weekend and will be hitting the car hard and heavy for 2 nights before heading up to the Dells for the long weekend. I just got my sound deadener for the underside of the front and rear clips so I can spray that on before reassembling everything, and the prep is almost done on the front half of the chassis. There aren't any pics that show that work so sorry....no pics. But, when I start spraying I'll have a bunch of pics! There are a ton of little details to work out when you are painting the front compartment so it looks really nice so it's taking time but the results are going to be astounding.

Mark
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok...I've been working on getting the front part of the chassis ready for paint. Not much to see, but I've got most of the prep work done...

I've decided to use POR-15 on this first as a base covering. Archie sprayed the rest of the chassis with this and it looks excellent, but I'm going to brush this on to give me a little bit of filling qualities, then I'll scuff this up and prime over this. The POR-15 will protect the chassis for the future and give me a solid base to work with. This stuff will never fall off.

The front clip needs just a bit more edging and then it's ready for sealer and a heavy coat of primer for block sanding, then I can paint edges, spray the sound deadener on the underside of everything and reinstall the clip on the car. the rear will go so much easier as there is not as much prep work and the engine bay is pretty much ready to go.

Things are starting to actually look like they are proceeding but this stage always seems really slow. I'm putting it away tonight for the weekend as Kristie and I are heading up to the Wisconsin Dells for the Dells Run tomorrow right after work, then I promise that you'll see some fresh paint by the end of next week.

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The coolant pipes, Front crossmember, engine cradle & a bunch of other parts came in from Powdercoating today.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good to me.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Things are starting to actually look like they are proceeding but this stage always seems really slow. I'm putting it away tonight for the weekend as Kristie and I are heading up to the Wisconsin Dells for the Dells Run tomorrow right after work, then I promise that you'll see some fresh paint by the end of next week.

Mark

Tic, Toc.....
no pressure

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oops I forgot the link:

http://www.stylintrucks.com...658&scid=affprod

I'm still shopping for a better price

Very nice. Was ready to go and order one but $170 for a cup holder? No way. I'll keep obeying the not drinking while driving law
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Very nice. Was ready to go and order one but $170 for a cup holder? No way. I'll keep obeying the not drinking while driving law

I agree and I shopped for a better price
http://www.clparts.com/clsh...ries/beverage-holder

I think you can find them cheaper than this but you will have to go with a plastic face instead of billet
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Archie is giving me ideas..........

+

HiddenLicense Plate Kit. This kit allows you to swing your license plate out of view with a push of a button. You can also wire it up your ignition so it will automatically disappear when you park.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HiddenLicense Plate Kit. This kit allows you to swing your license plate out of view with a push of a button. You can also wire it up your ignition so it will automatically disappear when you park.

I spent hours searching the web for a solution and didn't come upon this kit. I need something like this.
PFF
System Bot
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats pretty cool. I remember seeing it on that hoffman group site I posted earlier. They have all kinds of crazy gadgets. You can easily go super spy like James Bond... only with a fiero twist.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1st of the Chrome parts has arrived from plating.

The coil racks & the valve covers.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks good Archie, It would even look better next to some orange paint......... Mark.
D2inDFW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D2inDFWClick Here to visit D2inDFW's HomePageSend a Private Message to D2inDFWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About that cup holder, where in a stock interior would you mount it so that the driver can use it.

A couple of years ago, I tried to find a place for the same cup holder and could not find a place to put it.

Regards,

David
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D2inDFW:

About that cup holder, where in a stock interior would you mount it so that the driver can use it.

A couple of years ago, I tried to find a place for the same cup holder and could not find a place to put it.

Regards,

David

Thats a good question, but I'm not using a stock interior

Archie is going to mount them under the soon to be glove box in my car. Trust me with a 6spd and a LS7 passing the drinks will be the job of the co-pilot, just nice for her to have a place to put them.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any new paint pics? Teasers?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got the front end ready for paint. I was all set to spray the front end of the chassis this afternoon as I've been working all week on the little stuff under the hood but we had a bunch of sever storms roll through and I had to get Kristie's car into the garage for the duration. We had a bit of hail and I didn't want to leave her car out. The wiring is all taped up and ready to go and the entire front clip is ready for primer. I expect to have the front part of the chassis in paint tomorrow afternoon and the front clip primed and edged so I can get that back on the car and finish up the engine compartment and rear clip edging.

Pics tomorrow...I promise.

Mark the pictureless paint guy
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I expect to have the front part of the chassis in paint tomorrow afternoon and the front clip primed and edged so I can get that back on the car and finish up the engine compartment and rear clip edging.

Pics tomorrow...I promise.

Mark the pictureless paint guy

Well, I'm bored; please entertain me

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Well, I'm bored; please entertain me

Ok...time for some entertainment.

I sprayed one more coat of color after the last shot and the clear isn't shown in the pics. As I type here, there is another weather front moving in and we've got more heavy rain. I'm going to spray the last coat of clear in about 15 minutes and it'll be done for the night. It's looking great!

Mark the picture posting paint guy
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock