Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367711 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Stay tuned, Flying out to Archie's this week to make the final decision: to wing or not to wing? or maybe something totally new........

But for now how about a pic of the union when she arrived at Archie’s 13 months ago.

Oh, yeah, I gotta put those Tweety Bird seat covers back on for when you come to visit this week.

Archie

PS, WheeeHaaaaa I own page 17

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-02-2007).]

IP: Logged
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
o_0 wow what a change
i think the car looks fine with either wing
but making it wider would be a good thing so it fits the car
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey troyboy... what did you do with those old rims? the car looks great... now just to get one of those ant's you don't have to see... since the fender is not metal you can put a small boosted antenna under the fender and fill the hole. as for a wing... eh... who needs it. if you look at the car from the front drivers side corner on an angle you'll notice the car looks better without one. If you had to put one on i would say something like this.... i know the touring wings look good on our cars if done right...
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2007 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

hey troyboy... what did you do with those old rims?

That's easy.

Hehehehe,....

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-04-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

That's easy.

Hehehehe,....

No offence ment but how could someone with a stance like that & a silhouette like that change it to a fastback chop?

BTW: if you plan to have it done in time for Daytona, you need to get it here pretty darn quick. Our available shop time between now & then is filling in fast.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

No offence ment but how could someone with a stance like that & a silhouette like that change it to a fastback chop?

BTW: if you plan to have it done in time for Daytona, you need to get it here pretty darn quick. Our available shop time between now & then is filling in fast.

Archie

This changed everything for me.

I haven't been the same since i first saw this picture.

Seeing Troy's perfect Union Car also hurt the notchie cause.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-04-2007).]

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DANG, those rears look HUGE!

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

DANG, those rears look HUGE!

yup 12" wide...
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More wing pics??????

Think about this with the wing tips extended downward.

Troy was here today, Here he is inside taking a tour of the controls for all that stuff in there.

Anyone want more pics?

A
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HECK YEAH WE WANT MORE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW Troy, ...for a big guy (as u call yourself) you sure look comfortable in that tiny choptop.

P.S. Are those the new wing stands that use the stock location, but push the wing back to the edge of the decklid ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-05-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this is the last of the wing pics........ I do'wanna c no mo wing piks

Don't ask about the origin of the wind, we'll tell you all about it in a couple of days. It really hasn't been authorized to be fitted to this car yet. So if anyone asks, you never saw these pics.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well this is the last of the wing pics........ I do'wanna c no mo wing piks

Don't ask about the origin of the wind, we'll tell you all about it in a couple of days. It really hasn't been authorized to be fitted to this car yet. So if anyone asks, you never saw these pics.

modded third gen Camaro? Anyway, beautiful car regardless of the spoiler

BTW what are those wheels? Can you tell me what size and spacing?

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 01-05-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

modded third gen Camaro? Anyway, beautiful car regardless of the spoiler

BTW what are those wheels? Can you tell me what size and spacing?

The rims are HRE 541r 19/20 as for the spacing, HRE doesn't give out that info. maybe Archie can help.
http://www.hrewheels.com/
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The rims are HRE 541r 19/20 as for the spacing, HRE doesn't give out that info. maybe Archie can help.
http://www.hrewheels.com/

Thanks Troyboy

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
I just checked on pricing and its not clear wether they are pricing per wheel or for a set of 4.
For a 17" 540 series it says 1,195.00 which I am assuming is for a set of 4 ..if it is for just one wheel then I think I will pass

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 01-05-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I just checked on pricing and its not clear wether they are pricing per wheel or for a set of 4.
For a 17" 540 series it says 1,195.00 which I am assuming is for a set of 4 ..if it is for just one wheel then I think I will pass

Yep that is for one wheel my friend,..actually on the rather cheap side for HRE. They are up around $1,500 apiece as you go up in size.

Those wheels are not for the faint of heart or light of wallet.

Darn they look good though !
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep that is for one wheel my friend,..actually on the rather cheap side for HRE. They are up around $1,500 apiece as you go up in size.

You gotta be kidding me right?
I can buy Simmons for less than that or 1 off custom made ROH wheels. Hell the wheels ROH sell to Ferrari as factory options for new Ferraris don't cost that.

Suufmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuufmeisterSend a Private Message to SuufmeisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but, are there any plans to get rid of that antenna? It seems out of place. But that's just my opinion.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW Troy, ...for a big guy (as u call yourself) you sure look comfortable in that tiny choptop.

A little baby oil and I slid right in...he he

P.S. Are those the new wing stands that use the stock location, but push the wing back to the edge of the decklid ??

Yep those are the new wing stands. Not sure If I'll use them on this car but they are sweet.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really like them ..very Ferrari er ummm Fiero ..they really set the car off and give it that much more of an exotic supercar look

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That last low profile spoiler was the best one, and seems to fit the car perfect to me. The thing has a phat ole butt, those other spoilers are bordering obesity. I think the car is over the top as it is and a big ole spoiler, along with a bright paint scheme will be too much. I kinda like the look of a really good sillouette. Ya know like a lady witha really nice shape in a long black evenning dress. You can see all the curves, and nothing seems to jump out at you much more than the rest.

With all that is going on in the car, I would not go stripes, or anything too bright. I would tone it down, and let the car's beauty speak for itself.

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06

[This message has been edited by XzotikGT (edited 01-05-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geezs. That Camero bow-tie wing sure looks darn good. I can see why I have three choptops....less of a headache, hehe.

Good luck with you're choices, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Suufmeister:

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but, are there any plans to get rid of that antenna? It seems out of place. But that's just my opinion.

Once Troy starts trollin' around NYC, he may need the location for future inquries placements, hehe. I too agree that the attenna may be out of place but, I would leave, "as-is." You never known, his car can be at the front of the choptop caravan with a banner flag on the antenna or for radio emergencies (old style) if XM goes out or NY attack.

AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To tell ya the truth, I thought those were Z06 wheels. I was gonna ask how you went about changing the wheel bolt pattern. But then I saw the deep lip on the rears.

[This message has been edited by AquaHusky (edited 01-06-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah that camaro wing looks good but if you cut it about 1/4" shorter i think it'll look hot! then again opinions are like a-holes, everybody has them and they all stink! sweet car troyboy.
cropduster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cropdusterSend a Private Message to cropdusterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then again, you could always put in an electric antenna.......
http://fierosails.com/ElectricAntenna.html

------------------
Mick
1986 GT

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in ny that's not always a good idea... on a plastic fender it woudn't work well i don't think... sometimes the morning dew turns to ice.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry. I just couldn't help myself cause I love the outcome of this ride. Therefore...I had to bump it, hehe.
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, I try to limit going to this thread, cause it makes me want to start modding.

I like that low profile spoiler, it just fits in nice with the lines.

I also like those new wingstands, they give it the countach/lambo look, but IMHO, should be a little lower for a choptop, they look like they would be better matched to a bubble top ( ® madcurl )

Glad I don't have to decide! I'll just be happy to see that car in person..... it;s definately a one of a kind masterpiece!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

this wing has become my favorite now. Looks it works nice with the rear, flows nice with the sides, may match the front lip too.

It may need some matching at the tips with the rear...and for the sides you could extrude em

sort of a multipiece mini whale tale
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice touches to the rear wing Fie Ro.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More wing pics??????

Think about this with the wing tips extended downward.

haven't been through all this thread to see if the other guy posted his, but if not, consider this mustang wing...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-0000...

already has extended wing tips. just have to fix the tilt (unless you like it as is).

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW.. looks SO GOOD!

troyboy, how tall are you? im 6'1" and (the day i get apprpved for a loan..) i want something SO similar to what you have, except i do want the IMSA notchie and a few other personal touches

great job so far Archie+crew!

------------------

See my lame film creations..
See F-I-E-R-O's Fiero store!

IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Archie! Now I know that you can chop the IMSA. Might have to come out to discuss future project.

Actually Jason made a little mistake about my tires. The rears are 295's and the front's are 245. They are mounted on custom ARE modular alloy wheels, with coilovers, tubular a-arms, and other IRM handling goodies.

Troyboy lives in NY not far from PA. Maybe we could meet for a photo shoot to compare rides?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

Very nice Archie! Now I know that you can chop the IMSA. Might have to come out to discuss future project.

Actually Jason made a little mistake about my tires. The rears are 295's and the front's are 245. They are mounted on custom ARE modular alloy wheels, with coilovers, tubular a-arms, and other IRM handling goodies.

Troyboy lives in NY not far from PA. Maybe we could meet for a photo shoot to compare rides?

Sounds good to me, any pics of your ride?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

WOW.. looks SO GOOD!

troyboy, how tall are you? im 6'1" and (the day i get apprpved for a loan..) i want something SO similar to what you have, except i do want the IMSA notchie and a few other personal touches

great job so far Archie+crew!

5' 11"
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to Kevin at D1S, the big brake package should be ready for shipment by next week. Any word on the "wing thing" Archie?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talked to Kevin at D1S, the big brake package should be ready for shipment by next week. Any word on the "wing thing" Archie?

That's good to hear. Ordered the wing at the beginning of last week & Doug confirmed the order.

I have Curley's car in the "Hot Spot" for the next week or so, trying to get the nose fixed. Soon as the brakes get here we can get them on right away.

Archie
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what kind of brakes you gonna run?

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

what kind of brakes you gonna run?

13" 2004 Z06 Corvette in front and 13" 2004 Z06 in the rear using the 4 piston calipers front and back.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock