Started on: 09-19-2002 06:06 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Dan Robinson on 09-20-2002 12:28 PM
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
this time for my gt...

saw this wing even beore i got the gt and thought i'd like it. the dementions and contours are close to perfect.

again, it's a mustang wing, but this time for the '95-'99 mustangs. when i originally saw it, it was called a super stallion or stallion wing. this is the wings west version. they call theirs the california high wing. got it off ebay. i also tried it on a coupe but the ears (for lack of a better term) come down lower than the legs so it won't fit. it dosen't really match the coupe lines anyway. had to get a little creative with the mounting also but it's doable. i need to fill in the old holes though.

anyway, it's another option.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...

I like the one in front of it better.

------------------
Wanted: 1988 Fiero Formula 5sp!

Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...never seen that done on a Fiero before. I think I like it...at least better than those aluminum "rice" wings. Out of curiosity, how much did that set you back?
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. I thought about this one before. I Like the looks of it from the side shot, not the back. If it could be shaved about an inch lower on the decklid, that would be best. Reminds me of the Purple Pavement Eater wing.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i got it used so shipping and all it was $245. the cheapest i saw it without shipping was $199 new. i think wings west was somewhere in the $350 range without shipping.

i like it. my only minor concern is that if you look close it might be tilted so it could (if speed was high enough to bring real aerodynamic issues into play) be actaually providing lift. or just sitting level anyway. but if it gets to the point that it bothers me aesthecticly or really is an airflow concern (it is high enough to see water run off it at speed, but i don't get much beyond highway speed), i'll work out a shim or reshape the bottom to tilt it.

Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I would suggest fixing the tilt and cutting it down a inch or two and then you would probably have to cut down the ears also.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock