Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367702 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Russ, it's Perfect Union. Troy can tell you where I came up with that name.

A

The perfect union of parts, mods, and ideas, for a Union Guy. We were wondering when someone was going to ask that question.
IP: Logged
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

The perfect union of parts, mods, and ideas, for a Union Guy. We were wondering when someone was going to ask that question.

uhhhhh hu............... whatever........ it's making my eyes water.

Russ
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to start thinking about a new wheel
option #1
If I go with black leather and wood interior theme

option #2
If I go with a black leather and steel interior theme
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote #2
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like number one without the wood.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, make sure that you get a diameter and thickness that doesn't block your view of the instruments. I went through much trial testing when I did my interior swap and the steering wheel rim STILL blocks my view of the speedo and tach (I have the PISA Euro-interior)

Something else you may consider is installing a "back-up" alarm that beeps when you get too close to an object while backing up. It would be a shame to scrape all the beautiful work Archie & crew are doing ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-05-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Well, make sure that you get a diameter and thickness that doesn't block your view of the instruments. I went through much trial testing when I did my interior swap and the steering wheel rim STILL blocks my view of the speedo and tach (I have the PISA Euro-interior)

Something else you may consider is installing a "back-up" alarm that beeps when you get too close to an object while backing up. It would be a shame to scrape all the beautiful work Archie & crew are doing ...

thanks for the info, that is definitely something to consider when buying a steering wheel. As for the "back-up alarm" I have that covered, I will be installing one for the back and one in the front for those high curbs.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're big like me, you'll have a "tight" fit using a 13" round sterring wheel. IMO it's better to purchase a newer style sterring wheel that has a flat area or isn't 100% round. The style that's in Dave's GBCT is better. I don't know if you'll find a newer style in a combo wood/leather that's not 100% round? I've wanted to change out #011's but, I don't want to buy another one, hehe.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
option #1 looks good...but without that wood.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This could be one of the best fieros ever! 13" wide tires you guys are insane. Keep up the good work.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

3172 posts
Member since Oct 2006
BTW I like the use of Audi TT parts in the fiero.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for all the input, you guys on pff have given me a lot of great ideas. That being said, the wood does not seem to be a hit on the wheel. But what about wood going down the center console ( starting from the top near the radio and air vents and on the center console piece that has the buttons and goes up near the sub) I'm torn between wood and brushed aluminum.

The tan piece in this pic would be wood or brushed aluminum, and the gray base that houses the sub, and the dash are going to be black leather.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-05-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like my rosewood stearing wheel alot.

This is the only picture I have of it
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please no wood in the interior. Definitely does not suit the character of the car.

------------------

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, you might wanna check out these back-up alarms :

http://www.poronusa.com/index1.htm

They both indicate the distance to the object instead of just beeping. I have (2) of the voice units on my kitcar - one for the front and one for the back (great minds DO think alike)

As far as wood vs. aluminum, al the sports cars have brushed aluminum to look Hi-tech; wood is more old-school and elegant, like the jags have always had - and some of THEIR models are actually losing the wood for aluminum...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 11-06-2006).]

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no wood!!!!!!! Carbon Fiber!!!!!!!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good!
The combo of parts blends nicely...good work and thinking overthere

But what about wood going down the center console ( starting from the top near the radio and air vents and on the center console piece that has the buttons and goes up near the sub) I'm torn between wood and brushed aluminum.

The tan piece in this pic would be wood or brushed aluminum, and the gray base that houses the sub, and the dash are going to be black leather.

Originally posted by PaulJK:
As far as wood vs. aluminum, al the sports cars have brushed aluminum to look Hi-tech; wood is more old-school and elegant, like the jags have always had - and some of THEIR models are actually losing the wood for aluminum...

Dont like the traditional wood either...but what if you choose some common wood(look) like white maple

Trick may be to make wood look almost like it isnt wood...
add some clearcoat with glitters and your done
Or some half-transparant overlay film with some tech-texture or CF texture...real CF or brushed aluminium instead may look look cool too...Anyway, whatever theme you decide to use on the midconsole or dash, try to incorporate the same theme/material carefully on the doorpanels or other parts to make the interior as a whole work as a union too...
sorry for the blabla hehe
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Please no wood in the interior. Definitely does not suit the character of the car.

I disagree, wood can look great in the fiero, just don't need alot of it.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-06-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe one the trim, a few parts in wood? Wood never really looks good in a car, unless its done right. I think the brushed alum. would be great, but is it too shiney? maybe a mix between the two?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the link that shows the "FX Sheeting Laminates" options. Look around this site it has a lot of great products that could be used in our cars.
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/salesaccessories/alsa_deluxe_laminates_spk.htm

Thanks for the feed back
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i say brushed aluminum as the car has that kind of feel to it.............. it would look nice that way
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I am about ready for some new pics !

Originally posted by madcurl:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How bout' some new pics? We ain't getting any younger you know, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2006 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could someone please Photoshop this idea for me.

using this pic

and this one

change the nose using this as a draft.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fourpoint9
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ya know, it looks great, but with the changes you keep making, I wonder if I will live long enough to see this car finished!!

tho I suspect it will be done long before I get mine repainted... so I should just shut up
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjm4fun:

ya know, it looks great, but with the changes you keep making, I wonder if I will live long enough to see this car finished!!

tho I suspect it will be done long before I get mine repainted... so I should just shut up

Archie is working on a couple of mods on the car now, but this should be the last one .
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie is working on a couple of mods on the car now, but this should be the last one .

Yeah, there's not a lot more we can change. Unless......... we go back and change things we've already changed ...........

Woo, need to think about that.

A
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats new Archie?
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I think that with the right color scheme, wood can work quite nicely in a Fiero:

I do wish the wheel matched the dash inserts... and that I'd have time to paint the upper dash portion black... and some new carpet... But it can certainly be done nicely as long as the exterior color compliments it (Green, Red, Burgundy, Darker Blues, Black, etc).

That being said... with the orange paint, I'd much rather see a cream or off-white leather used in this car - maybe with some (very) small color-matched orange accents. In which case some nice metal (brushed, not polished) accents along with black would also work just fine.

Coming along nicely!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wouldn't do wood there. i have one in my convertible, but i'm thinking sort of neo-classic with that. this is about the only pic of it here on the forum...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030204-1-019647.html

i was playing with a detatchable steering wheel adapter you might like though, to add to the "high tech" factor. your car seems too high techy (that's a technical term) styled for wood.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should give you wood.

We've finally finalized exactly what the front & back ends of this car are going to look like when they're done. We also have recieved almost all of the major parts it's going to take to finish the outside of the car.

Today I feel like we've made the last turn & are moving into the home stretch.

Here's a few pics from today as we are doing limited work on the nose until the last of the lights gets here. Then it's full speed ahead.

Also we are working on the new backend & we began the wiring on the interior today.

I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, on a trip to pick up some new transmissions, so the report on tomorrow's progress will be Thursday morning.

Archie

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is that third photo?

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering the same thing, a mistake maybe, or will some part of it find its place on the perfect union?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

what is that third photo?

That's the nose of a Ferrari F-40 kit we also make.
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that's what it looked like. Just didn't understand why it was there. Guess I will have to wait and see.

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New pics ??
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That's the nose of a Ferrari F-40 kit we also make.

So its just a little product placement or does it actually have something to do with the car?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A popular "urban legend" back in the olden days (the '60's) was that people watching TV were susceptible to subliminal messages. According to the legend, producers of TV shows could insert a single frame of a product in the video tape of the TV show & people would be inspired to go out & buy that product.

I know that it worked because after every episode of Bonanza I took a Bayer Asprin.

So I'm experimenting to see if that still works.

Archie

Originally posted by jmbishop:

So its just a little product placement or does it actually have something to do with the car?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock