Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 69)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367706 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Thanks, but one will be it for me. I have more than enough things on the to do list to keep me busy for a few more winters before it's done.

Hehehe,...suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

We all say one is enough, until somebody dumps one of those too good to pass up, or too good to be true deals forces us to take another one home.

You try to look the other way, you try to rationalize that you already have more than enough on your plate, then the disease kicks in.

I have absolutely no business looking at or even thinking about another fiero, with all the work i need done, but the sickness is hard to resist.

Good luck, but i don't think i would be the only one would who would be happy to see you fail in resisting the call for another.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-01-2011).]

IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riceburner, dude you are awesome. A few weeks ago I emailed Riceburner and told him about a problem I was having with my dash face plate that is made out of exotic leather. I was worried about the leather fraying around the button holes. Fast forward a few weeks and without even a bill look what came in the mail today.

He made these button rings on his CNC for me, the workmanship is just awesome and the billet will look great on the leather dash.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-10-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Riceburner, dude you are awesome. A few weeks ago I emailed Riceburner and told him about a problem I was having with my dash face plate that is made out of exotic leather. I was worried about the leather fraying around the button holes. Fast forward a few weeks and without even a bill look what came in the mail today.

He made these button rings on his CNC for me, the workmanship is just awesome and the billet will look great on the leather dash.

Sweet!
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just happy to add some nice parts to an already killer car...

I hadn't seen the comments here before, I'm not on the forum a whole lot these days (and can't remember ever clicking into the "Construction Zone") and didn't even think about checking the progress in here..

With regards to why I haven't really advertised them here, there's probably a (very) tiny bit of sticker-shock there, but the main reason has been (and still is) that I just can't make the things fast enough.. Same reason I don't put them on eBay - I've had 4 or 5 guys now that I've sold them to ask why I don't sell them there.. I used to have a list a mile long with people waiting for them from the Replica car websites, and only recently have mostly caught up with that. I make these in my "spare" time which is really really hard to come by these days, and they're very labor intense.. There's got to be at least 10 hours of work per unit and even at $500 I don't make much on them. Everything is low-volume, which costs more $$$. For example, most places wanted a minimum order of 10,000 units on the LCD screens, I got lucky and found a place that would do a "sample" run of 400 for me, for a bunch of $$.

I've also just about used up all the circuit boards I'd made, so now I need to sit and re-design the circuit a bit.. (some parts have gone obsolete..) I'm hoping to find a place to assemble the boards for me this time; that will save a few hours each and I just might be able to get caught up on these. Hell, I still have a couple of F355 panels I need to get back to! (I haven't forgotten!) The parts have been sitting on the workbench for months waiting for me to get a free weekend or two..

I feel I've already taken up too much space in Troy's awesome build thread.. If anyone wants more info on the panels, by all means feel free to PM or email me.. My email should be set to public, but in any case it's my user name @ gmail.com. Just be prepared, it might take some (long) time to actually get some more of these done......

Keep up the awesome work Troyboy!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The dash is almost done, thanks to Riceburner98 the shop can proceed with the finishing touches and face plates for the center console and gauge cluster.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sexy

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Love the tweeks in the shape of the dash, but as far as the coverings go, i don't think the pictures do them justice.

I think they are probably stunning in person,
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Love the tweeks in the shape of the dash, but as far as the coverings go, i don't think the pictures do them justice.

I think they are probably stunning in person,

Thanks Tony, and yes its hard to capture the beauty of the Italian glove leather and black stingray hide in the camera phone pics but two lambos just left the shop with the seats done in the stingray hide. The black stingray hide is just gorgeous in person, Its a play on texture and sheen rather than color. The color will come from the orange stingray hide accents on the doors and seats.

Tony you should know me by now, if it didn't look Stunning I would just have them start over and redo it.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-12-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great, Troy
are you goint to try and make it to any shows this year with the car?
D.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Looking great, Troy
are you goint to try and make it to any shows this year with the car?
D.

Thanks, I would love to go to a few Fiero shows but most of them are not local or too early like Daytona. But the car is almost booked solid for the summer show season for the major tristate car shows by various venders and charitable organizations. This car is getting much love from the outside (non-fiero) custom car community and they no longer snub our cars at the shows. Today at the shop we were just invited to a car show that is mostly for high end and classic European cars in the Hamptons. Not sure if Im going to that one most of the cars at this show start in the 6 figures and I don't play polo .
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
more from todays shop visit:

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that's sweeeeeet!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-12-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics ?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, but it should be finished this week. Tony send me your email and I'll send you some pics when its done if your interested. Its been a blast but as far as I'm concerned the build is complete and I turn this thread back over to the OP(ARCHIE).

Troy
Email: mrtroyboy69@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-10-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some new pics & it's looking like it's almost done.......

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before you end this build thread-we need one last encore!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Before you end this build thread-we need one last encore!

Curley I will try to take a pic of the dash at night.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-30-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeeeeet! Dude, the door handles, the Fiero horn crest, and accents are magnificent!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-30-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sweeeeeeet! Dude, the door handles, the Fiero horn crest, and accents are magnificent!

And the door panels, the gages & their locations & the trim rings on the gages.

What are the 3 buttons on the left lower gage panels? I imagine they're light switches.

You already know I love the exterior pics....... love the front view with all the lights turned on.

Archie
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is one gorgeous beast! It lights up the night!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, this build was created and evolved with the help of many friends on and off the forum,....... But just as we thought it was over........ After spending the day with the car I have many more interior tweaks to do over the Sumer ex: dash clock, aluminum tubing accents, ect.... It never ends. Archie or myself will post pics from time to time to show updates. Once again thanks.

Ps I will start on the trunk cover tonight
PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simply stunning - looks fantastic!

Jim
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Super nice interior
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok curley here are the vids to show the dash looks at night and in the bat cave. Archie the 3 buttons are for the fog, parking, and head lights

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is amazing !

Wow !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweeeeeet!!! Oh yeah, I like B.B. King too, especially that song.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the videos! Truly awesome!!!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell of a nice job.
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is SWEET!!!!
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+++!

only - i see is the stock seatbelts, get something a bit cleaner.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
before

after

Sometimes its best to just keep it simple, so I just shaved them down and painted them black to match all the other nuts and bolts on the door
PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the interior!!!!!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That a$$ end shot, with the doors up, is like pron. Thanks for sharing this build with us, and for being the inspiration that will help to carry the Fiero world into another dimension.

Tony
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy check your PM.

Thanks
Tony
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo Nice! I just had to clean the drool off my keyboard.
If you have pics I would love to see more, lucero@cox.net
I am still planning to get up to NY and take you up on the ride offer...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Leroy , great to hear from you!!! When your in NYC just drop me a line.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy. You, Troy, and I should go to the SEMA show this year. I'll pay for your entrance fee if you come. You know I owe you, man. I enjoyed our last visit there and the excellent rides. Steven too would like to attend. It could be a mini choptop meet.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
another great weekend at a major car show with the choptop

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy the combination of the new trunk cover and the bling of the engine compartment almost makes it an unfair competition.

I wonder how long it takes the competitors for the reality to set in that they just got beat by a fiero ?? Hehehe

Keep kicking butt troy, WE LOVE IT !!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock