Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 67)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367703 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ImperfectTruth:

I'm sure you've heard this many times before Troy, but this car is downright gorgeous. 'As close to perfection as you can get' is definitely right Exo! This is honestly the kind of craftsmanship and beauty I hope to obtain one of these days. Congrats on the success and all the trophies, you definitely deserve every one you snag!

EDIT: I couldn't help but to scroll up and look at those pics again before leaving the thread.. One thing that jumps out at me is the stance of the car. The ride height, fender gap, wheel size... Everything is just so... Perfect! IMHO you have nailed the aggressive stance this car deserves. Granted, the chopped top 'seals the deal' in that department, but aside from that literally everything is perfect. The sum of all the parts definitely makes this car what it is. Congrats from me again bro!

Thanks , I had alot of help from friends on and off the forum. once again the best part is seeing the fiero kicking "A" at shows. So far due to Archies creation 6 more fiero owners will be on the road by next summer in the NY area.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-21-2010).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, I just noticed you've been here since Sept 2005. A big five years!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Something a vender at a local car show made for me came in the mail today

Now with a F-I-E-R-O badge on top for size comparisons

Lights on

This will be recessed mounted in a trunk cover

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet god that is beautiful. This vendor got a website?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweeeeet !

Man i love this build.

It's like x-mas waiting to see what's next,.....and it's not even my car !!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another great weekend after a hard week at work.

First I met up with Dave and Joey who dropped off my car. Door to door service you just can't beat that!! Dave did a great job on the car and I got a change to see and ride in Joeys sweet VW powered Fiero.

And to top off the weekend a car show

#22 represents for the Fiero again 1st place

Now time to go back to work renewed and refreshed
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats....... again
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Troy, Archie and Crew.... my fav Fiero and the baddest ass one as well
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me for stealing the thread for a second, but this is my first post here. I've been browsing Pennock's for a long while, and made an account after deciding I would purchase a Fiero. I've paid for it and bring it home this weekend, woohoo ! I was going to wait until I had it in my driveway before showing some pictures and naming off a few wishes for it, dedicating my first post here to it, but some things just deserve it more.

"A Perfect Union" is one of those things. I don't have to tell you, but this Fiero is gorgeous. Nothing says "muscle" like a fuel-injected 427 (then again, I didn't live in the carb days), and seeing one in a Fiero is mind-blowing. The interior work, I cannot begin to describe accurately, as the English language doesn't have words detailing that level of "awesomeness." I cannot wrap my head around this build; it's nearly unimaginable that this level of customization is even possible. I've tried to keep up with this build throughout its entirety, but much of it is beyond my understanding. This Fiero's amazing and inspirational all around. Props to all involved in its creation.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navras:

Forgive me for stealing the thread for a second, but this is my first post here. I've been browsing Pennock's for a long while, and made an account after deciding I would purchase a Fiero. I've paid for it and bring it home this weekend, woohoo ! I was going to wait until I had it in my driveway before showing some pictures and naming off a few wishes for it, dedicating my first post here to it, but some things just deserve it more.

"A Perfect Union" is one of those things. I don't have to tell you, but this Fiero is gorgeous. Nothing says "muscle" like a fuel-injected 427 (then again, I didn't live in the carb days), and seeing one in a Fiero is mind-blowing. The interior work, I cannot begin to describe accurately, as the English language doesn't have words detailing that level of "awesomeness." I cannot wrap my head around this build; it's nearly unimaginable that this level of customization is even possible. I've tried to keep up with this build throughout its entirety, but much of it is beyond my understanding. This Fiero's amazing and inspirational all around. Props to all involved in its creation.

wow, thanks for the kind words and welcome to the sickness, if your ever in town look me up and we will go for a ride just make sure you don't eat anything 45 min b4 take off
PFF
System Bot
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wow, thanks for the kind words and welcome to the sickness, if your ever in town look me up and we will go for a ride just make sure you don't eat anything 45 min b4 take off

You're very welcome, thank you for the welcoming, and that definitely sounds like a trip worth taking !

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The NY Islanders NHL hockey team and The All - American car club hosted a car show for Life’s WORC, (a private, not-for-profit organization providing comprehensive support for individuals with developmental disabilities) today. I had a great time and met a lot of great kids and disabled adults that were thankful for the Chop top's support. Sorry curly no pics from the show I was too busy showing the car, but I hope this will do.....

I took a few pics when I got home:

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's fall time to start some of the little projects (so I thought)..

replace the cooling fan motor:

looks easy but....

I had to remove the coolant overflow tank and bracket to clear the fan (so I thought)

now that the coolant tank is out it should slide right out,..... right?......NOT

The top of the fan shroud can't clear the hood extractor and when I tried to drop it from the bottom it hit the sway bar

At this point I'm going to have to just flex the fan shroud and hope for the best..... Got it out finally

out with the old...

in with the new...

FIN..The new fan runs great and runs much quieter and pulls less from the battery

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIN..The new fan runs great and runs much quieter and pulls less from the battery

Nice job.

Archie
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What did you find here? Any details you can share?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

What did you find here? Any details you can share?

That's the new cooling fan motor I picked up from PEPBOYS for 25.$. The old motor was on it's way out and was killing the battery.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the new cooling fan motor I picked up from PEPBOYS for 25.$. The old motor was on it's way out and was killing the battery.

Ahhh, stock replacement. I see now. I thought maybe you had found some kind of higher output motor in an attempt to increase airflow. Good to know that the stock fan can cool that beast.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A nice pic that a member from G-Body forum took of my car during the setup for the George Barris Hollywood Star Car Show .

Great forum and cool members, we see each other at a lot of local shows.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow !!! Great picture
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to start the next "fix it" project. While working on the cooling fan project I noticed a oil spot on my floor and after an investigation I found the culprit a leak in the brake line not good with a 500 HP LS7:

an ez fix , I just had to tighten the nut but the damage was done . As you can see from the above and below pic the paint was trashed in that part of the front compartment. Oh well I guess I should be thankful that I found out this way and not after tying to stop on the freeway .

After the fix I took her out for a spin to blow off some steam and had a great time at a Sunday morning car meet at the beach.
PFF
System Bot
Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A real shame about the paint, but staring down the rest of the car...I'd still sell my soul for it.
Good to hear the fan runs quieter with the new motor.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did a little rework of the interior. Added Mr. mike seat covers with orange logo and toned down the speaker covers I never liked the old speaker covers.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 10-28-2010).]

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!!!

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did a little rework of the interior. Added Mr. mike seat covers with orange logo and toned down the speaker covers I never liked the old speaker covers.

Nice. Compared to your previous Corvette seats-how do the Fiero seats feel now?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. Compared to your previous Corvette seats-how do the Fiero seats feel now?

Like they were made for the car . The corvette seats were nice but I like the feel of the fiero seats better in a chop top.

------------------

IMSA 1986 GT, Archie ChopTop #22, LS7 .......
Click here for the build thread

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for the next upgrade......

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-15-2010).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time for the next upgrade......

If bmwguru sent it you should put it in an xray first
Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If bmwguru sent it you should put it in an xray first
Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Nope just custom cut to size color coded battery cables. I never liked the way the old ones looked and wanted a more factory finished look, with clean connections, plus the old ones were too small for the front battery relocation. After some research, the length of cable and the size of the motor(cooling fan runs more often) and accessories a larger cable was in order. I went with the 1/0 gauge SGX high temp battery cable. So.......

out with the old

in with the new

note the nice clean connections

I will work on the install this week
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the positive cable is installed and from the pic you can see the difference between the old cable and the new negative cable.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of grounds do you have going to the engine? I have a regular ground cable going to the frame and the ground from the battery going to the engine and the frame.
I plan on duplicating that setup when I move it to the front just using longer cables.
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

What kind of grounds do you have going to the engine? I have a regular ground cable going to the frame and the ground from the battery going to the engine and the frame.
I plan on duplicating that setup when I move it to the front just using longer cables.

I'm using the same 1/0 gauge cable for all. It runs from the front battery to the engine block, and one from the engine block to the frame. I'm thinking about running a short ground from the battery to the front frame also, this might be over kill but it can't hurt..... Right?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm using the same 1/0 gauge cable for all. It runs from the front battery to the engine block, and one from the engine block to the frame. I'm thinking about running a short ground from the battery to the front frame also, this might be over kill but it can't hurt..... Right?

No I was thinking of doing the same thing.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you guys think about this billet Auto Meter gauge dress up? I think it might look good with my dash set up.
http://twistmachine.com/sho..._info&products_id=30

I think the polished set would complement the AC vents and shifter bezel. It also has an old school feel that I like.

the current setup:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-30-2010).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that would look great, would look good with the chrome around the vents.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 11-30-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, could you post a pic of the gauges lit up at night from the driver seat perspective?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What do you guys think about this billet Auto Meter gauge dress up? I think it might look good with my dash set up.

I think the polished set would complement the AC vents and shifter bezel. It also has an old school feel that I like.

the current setup:

Wow, that's such a unique idea that they came up with there.

I can think of a lot of cars that could be taken to the next level by that simple idea that they came up with.

Archie
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would give it a sort of flair like a Bugatti Veyron dash does
neverendingproject

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neverendingprojectSend a Private Message to neverendingprojectEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reminds me of this

I like it but then I also like the way it is now so either way you can't go wrong

------------------
Alan Frazier

'84 2m4 Northstar 5 speed
'84 3800SCII sold
'86 GT-'92 3.4 TDC 5 speed(sold)

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2010 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

It would give it a sort of flair like a Bugatti Veyron dash does

Man you just gave me some great ideas!!! Over the last couple of months I've been going crazy trying to pick out the layout for the cars interior. Thanks to you I think I just found it. What do you guys think.

Where they have that gold leather I would use orange leather
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock