Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 66)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367709 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

He also said that they have found that if the reservoir is too full it will leave a mist on the outside of the reservoir. So he thinks that it could be a little overfull. When I bought the P.S. reservoir there were no instructions telling us what the fliud level should be in it. Mark tells me that it should be 1/3 to 1/2 full. Because we didn't have any info on how full it should be, it's possible that we have too much fluid in it.

yep that was one of the problems. The first line to the left is the top of the reservoir the second line was the level of fluid and the third line is the new 1/3 to 1/2 level.

I used this to suck the over fill out of the reservoir

Lets hope that this and the new cap fix the problem

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-30-2010).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Lets hope that this and the new cap fix the problem

Yep, pretty sure you've got it solved.

A
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, haven't been on in a while so I was just catching up... damn the car sure looks good!
Nice job on dropping some weight! If I get up in that area I will give you a call to get a ride in your car!
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I used this to suck the over fill out of the reservoir

A real man would have used a STRAW.
Just my sick sense of humor or lack of.

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a real man would have had his wife "shout it out"

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-09-2010).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

a real man would have had his wife "shout it out"

lol, good eyes shes still looking for the spay trigger for her shout bottle

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Troy, haven't been on in a while so I was just catching up... damn the car sure looks good!
Nice job on dropping some weight! If I get up in that area I will give you a call to get a ride in your car!

sounds like a plan just drop me a line when your in town.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie just wanted you to know that the new cap from street and performance came in and it totally fixed the problem. The new reservoir cap fits snug and after a two day hard run no leaks at all. Thanks for your help, It's great to know that with just one phone call to your shop, you were on top of the problem with advice and support even if you didn't make the part.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I guess you do not need a straw?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How was the show?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

How was the show?

Troyboy is racking up the awards and no BS'ing with the judges and nonsense politics.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a great show with over 400 classic, custom and modified stock cars, But only one Fiero .
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MPP

More Pictrures Please.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MPP

More Pictrures Please.

link to the show pics:
http://mm-photography.smugm...ART-I/12982036_wZmbZ

http://mm-photography.smugm...RT-II/12995689_Lfk7c I'm on page 12

After viewing all of the beautiful cars I'm still amazed that the fiero took first place

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-19-2010).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is a cut above anything I seen on the links, congrats on the First Place!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MPP

More Pictrures Please.

more pics from that show

http://rides.webshots.com/a...197851XsALiE?start=0

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-29-2010).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was another fun day at a show with over 600 cool rides and hopefuly some new PFF members.

some cool pics from todays show

with a bonus at the end

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-15-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today was another fun day at a show with over 600 cool rides and hopefuly some new PFF members.

some cool pics from todays show-with a bonus at the end

Amazing!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool pics Troy. Keep them coming & keep representing the Fiero to the outside world.

BTW, ON the way back home from Chicago last week on the Ike, jammed up as usual, There was a real Yellow NSX-R behind me for several miles. He had your headlights in the car & I gotta tell you those lights look better in the Fiero than they do in the NSX

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie You have a PM
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy

Even though this car is about as close to perfection as you can get, do you still find yourself searching for ways to make it even better ?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Troy

Even though this car is about as close to perfection as you can get, do you still find yourself searching for ways to make it even better ?

I have a two page to-do list for this winter.
But for now she is off to NJ to visit BMWGURU Sunday for a few up grades:
a)200 amp High Output Alternator by HO to handel some of the future improvements http://www.highoutputalternator.com/index.htm
b)install of the KONI rear coil overs
c)...............
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw the latest pics from one of the Best Car shows and #022 took 1st place given by a well known car icon personality. Amazing!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The choptop had another great day with new friends. We spent the day at the George Barris Hollywood Star Car Show at THE CRADLE OF AVIATION and AUTO MUSEUM. George Barris is also know as "King of the Kustomizers" and has built many popular TV and Movie autos such as: the BAT MOBILE, the MUNSTER KOACH, the GREEN HORNET, the car from the movie THE CAR, ...... ect. . He was the solo judge for the show, so needles to say I was surprised when he gave me first place in the modified custom class as the show drew many great custom cars. The best part was the guy who gave out the awards, Antonio Fargas AKA Huggy Bear from the 70's show Starsky and Hutch. Mr barris said that this was the first time he ever gave an award to a fiero and that it would hold it's own at any venue. The fiero is starting to gain much respect at these shows after people see what can be done with them with out turning them into a replica of some thing else. ( note: I have nothing against replicas I'm just repeating what people are saying over and over again.)

pics from the show:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-29-2010).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What an honor! Barris is THE customizers customizer, at least in his day. Ever see "Ala Kart"? One of, if not THE original auto innovators of our time. Glad to see your car is getting some of the accolades it deserves. Hats off to Archie and his crew and to you Troy for putting wings on your dream.

HAGO!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's the coolest thing yet,

Barris, is my all time hero. His work got me into customizing my model cars when I was a kid & inspired me into giving up models & starting to build my own cars by the time I was 15.

Troy, you must be having a good time this Summer.

BTW: You've lost a LOT of WEIGHT. I didn't even recognize you in the pictures.

No offence but your "old look" & "new look" are as much of a change as the "old" Al Roker & the "new" Al Roker!!!

You look great, I'm sure you feel better too.

Archie
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

What an honor! Barris is THE customizers customizer, at least in his day. Ever see "Ala Kart"? One of, if not THE original auto innovators of our time. Glad to see your car is getting some of the accolades it deserves. Hats off to Archie and his crew and to you Troy for putting wings on your dream.

HAGO!

Sage, when I was a kid, the Ala Kart was the one that stood out for me. I have a 1/25th scale kit I need to find time to build and also have the Hot Wheels version in my display case.

Troy, congrats on the awards, the one from Barris is just too cool.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, as always, congrats.

Now, it is absolutely killing me, but who is the R&B singer on your left arm? It is on the tip of my tongue.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guys and a special thanks to Archie and crew. BTW Mr.Barris wanted your info so until you send me some CARDS I just gave out your website info.

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Troy, as always, congrats.

Now, it is absolutely killing me, but who is the R&B singer on your left arm? It is on the tip of my tongue.

Thats Antonio Fargas AKA Huggy Bear from the 70's show Starsky and Hutch, man he looks good for his age, at first I didn't recognize him.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Sage:

HAGO!

Ala Kart

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-29-2010).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea!..........That's the bad boy! Pretty cool for late 50's early 60's, don't recall EXACTLY what year he built it, but it is, as you probably know, just one of too many to mention customs Barris did during those years. Remember the slick streamlined silver one with the bubble glass top? Don't remember the name ATM, but it was pretty cool too. He's the one everybody else tried to emulate. I think he pretty much invented "thinking outside the box" as far as custom cars go. Not to take anything away from all the other great builders, but Barris was always the top of the line for me. Congratulations again Troy, all your patience is paying off, glad to hear Archie and his crew are also getting the credit, exposure and respect they deserve too. Keep showing that jewel and you might have to build an extra room just for the trophies it gathers!

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 08-29-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy that is simply tremendous !

I totally agree that your car is bringing new worldwide respect for the fiero. We really need to get your car some TV exsposure, via one of these car shows on speed channel or such.

Now if we can only get Curly to get a couple more of his finished and painted, the fiero will really start getting even more major respect with both yours and his out there.

Archie, what an honor !! George asking for your contact info !! Please let us know if he contacts you and what he has to say. that is very cool.

Troy, Archie was right,...you look like a totally different person. Amazing wieght loss !

Congratulations again on yet another win.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-29-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ala Kart

That was a favorite one.

Back in the day, I built that model.

Then I bought a 2nd one & built it as a sedan delivery.

Archie
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a two page to-do list for this winter.
But for now she is off to NJ to visit BMWGURU Sunday for a few up grades:
a)200 amp High Output Alternator by HO to handel some of the future improvements http://www.highoutputalternator.com/index.htm
b)install of the KONI rear coil overs
c)...............

We are doing our best to make sure your car feels at home

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With such an honor, I'm sure the price of Fieros will start to rise. Thanks a lot! j/k
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

We are doing our best to make sure your car feels at home

Dave,
the 160 speedo is ordered, you should have it by Tuesday.

Thanks for the info Archie

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your car looks awesome from the rear and rear quarter section, dont get me wrong. but IMO, the front looks too narrow for the height of the front end. Ever consider throwing a stock, or slightly less modified chin spoiler, on the front end? just one man's opinion...you seem to be doing fine in the awards department.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

your car looks awesome from the rear and rear quarter section, dont get me wrong. but IMO, the front looks too narrow for the height of the front end. Ever consider throwing a stock, or slightly less modified chin spoiler, on the front end? just one man's opinion...you seem to be doing fine in the awards department.

Once you go modified you never go back.... j/k , but it's hard to see the true lines and proportions of the car from the pic's. Believe it or not the front end gets most of the complements until they see the LS7 in back, but then again I love the rear end the most also because I'm a A$$ man at heart . It's the front end that draws them in, and it's the rear end that seals the deal........ wow that sounds just like the way I ended up married.

now for the a$$ shots:

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 09-02-2010).]

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once you go modified you never go back.... j/k , but it's hard to see the true lines and proportions of the car from the pic's. Believe it or not the front end gets most of the complements until they see the LS7 in back, but then again I love the rear end the most also because I'm a A$$ man at heart . It's the front end that draws them in, and it's the rear end that seals the deal........ wow that sounds just like the way I ended up married.

now for the a$$ shots:

I have always wondered why it was T n A instead of A n T......big fan of the A.

congrats with everything. It has been a long time in the making.

ImperfectTruth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImperfectTruthSend a Private Message to ImperfectTruthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you've heard this many times before Troy, but this car is downright gorgeous. 'As close to perfection as you can get' is definitely right Exo! This is honestly the kind of craftsmanship and beauty I hope to obtain one of these days. Congrats on the success and all the trophies, you definitely deserve every one you snag!

EDIT: I couldn't help but to scroll up and look at those pics again before leaving the thread.. One thing that jumps out at me is the stance of the car. The ride height, fender gap, wheel size... Everything is just so... Perfect! IMHO you have nailed the aggressive stance this car deserves. Granted, the chopped top 'seals the deal' in that department, but aside from that literally everything is perfect. The sum of all the parts definitely makes this car what it is. Congrats from me again bro!

[This message has been edited by ImperfectTruth (edited 09-03-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude, you need a bigger trophy shelf. Amazing that you've won the majority of those trophies at a non-Fiero show. Just think-you didn't win at either showing at Fierorama.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock