Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 64)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367690 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just gave you a + (#62)... you should stick around.
IP: Logged
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I'm back from surgery recovery, Time to start working on #22, this car needs alot of work b4 it can be considered done. In my opinion #22 is a working rough copy at best and needs to be completed. After all the work is done she will get a fresh paint booth paint job.

Troy, I hope you recover well from back surgery,

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work does the car need ?
Will you keep it orange ?

I hope you stick around, you have raised the bar to what can be done with a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 02-17-2010).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why all this negativevity towards Troy,keep Troyboy around you are not getting banned #68 + from me
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
another + from me Troy 69+ now
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just got a + from me also - saw the car at the Dell's in 2009 - AWESOME!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm back from surgery recovery, Time to start working on #22, this car needs alot of work b4 it can be considered done. In my opinion #22 is a working rough copy at best and needs to be completed. After all the work is done she will get a fresh paint booth paint job.

Ouch--Would think after 2 years the car would be perfect if there is such a thing. Hope most the work is minor and nothing to major but with calling for another paint job I am guessing it is not. Good luck with getting the car done the way you want.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of work does the car need ?
Will you keep it orange ?

If I may,

The interior, dash, door panels & headliner still need to be upholstered, he already mentioned that the 'Vette seats have got to go, the tail lights are still stock used lights. The paint job is not 100% perfect & there may be some discussion about different wheels.

Glad to hear you're feeling better Troy.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-19-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure many of us could only hope to have such an unfinished car like that
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would give you my wife for this car!? she cooks cleans and really good looking, and hell ill even keep all three kids! just as long as i have that car! so far thats in my top 5 best fieros built (ifnot #1).
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all my friends on pff.
Thanks, for all the pm's, post and emails filled with words of encouragement and support.
and with that said, as soon as I have updates I will post them(on pff).

Once again Thanks
Troy

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 02-21-2010).]

Dracor

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DracorSend a Private Message to DracorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+ to you also, I love these epic builds. It is what helps to keep me going on mine. If everyone always posted that they changed their oil in their stock fiero, the board would get stale real fast.

Maybe the negs were from people that saw you went 120, thinking you were street racing?

------------------
'84 3800SC, XP cam, 3.2 pully, HPTuners, N* TB, 4sp, SPEC 3+ clutch, Aluminium flywheel, pacesetter headers, F355 body kit, weight reduction

PFF
System Bot
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks to all my friends on pff.
Thanks, for all the pm's, post and emails filled with words of encouragement and support.
and with that said, as soon as I have updates I will post them(on pff).

Once again Thanks
Troy

I am very glad that you will be sticking around and look forward to your updates

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

B4 I get banned for no F******* reason. I don't know why my last post got me a neg but what the hey, it's been the norm for me on pff. All future updates will be on LS1TECH.com

It's been fun troy
http://www.ls1tech.com/foru...-ls7-fiero-swap.html

WTF... people can't even comment on thier own vehicles anymore??? Wow, just wow... *sigh*

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-22-2010).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a + from me!!!

Troyboy.....you help inspire a lot of guys on here with your creative ideas, and one incredible build.

Glad to see you'll be sticking around.

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off with old, and on with the new GM light covers

I wish it was that simple but due to the wing customization, I found out the hard way that the new light covers would have to be shaved. pic of the old lens

Well good thing it was nice and warm in the garage.

Now on to the seats............
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well good thing it was nice and warm in the garage.

Now on to the seats............

Man. What a sweet garage! I Love the tiles and red trim on the walls. Where's are the hunged trophies? I notice you bought a orange bump-stop, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-28-2010).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

If I may,

The interior, dash, door panels & headliner still need to be upholstered, he already mentioned that the 'Vette seats have got to go, the tail lights are still stock used lights. The paint job is not 100% perfect & there may be some discussion about different wheels.

Glad to hear you're feeling better Troy.

Archie

Just a little in shock about the "discussion about different wheels" part. Out of all of the enhancements to this work of art, those HRE's have got to be in the top 5 best things done to that car. If they do get switched, I hope they go to another Fiero widebody, heck I wouldn't even take them for free, just cause I wouldn't have the money to get the body to fit them, future plans....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
out with the new

in with the old

they will be reupholstered when the interior is done.

but the old new seats will not go to waste....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Time for a test drive........

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is just a matter of time when you WILL be hearing----Daddy can I borrow the Fiero
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I went for a little test run today ( not too far re: paper work) to the local gas station. Fun drive but once at the station b4 I knew it I had about 15 people around the car and pissed off the station owner because no one was buying gas but me. Quote of the day "too bad Pontiac finally came out with a great car in their last year" then he says "it kind of has a retro look to it, man I love it" .
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well I went for a little test run today ( not too far re: paper work) to the local gas station. Fun drive but once at the station b4 I knew it I had about 15 people around the car and pissed off the station owner because no one was buying gas but me. Quote of the day "too bad Pontiac finally came out with a great car in their last year" then he says "it kind of has a retro look to it, man I love it" .

For the last few years, I've always been wanting to say this.......

This post is not good without Pictures.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

For the last few years, I've always been wanting to say this.......

This post is not good without Pictures.

Archie

I was too preoccupied watching all of the people around my car to stop and take pics, some were getting to close to my ****
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but the old new seats will not go to waste....

It just does not get any cuter than this. You are a lucky father. This pic put a smile on my face when my day was going bad. Thank you.

Justin_J

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin_JClick Here to visit Justin_J's HomePageSend a Private Message to Justin_JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i want to see some 1/4 mile times lol. Oh and very good choice on getting rid of the vette seats.

[This message has been edited by Justin_J (edited 03-07-2010).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justin_J:

Ok i want to see some 1/4 mile times lol. Oh and very good choice on getting rid of the vette seats.

For the right price I'm sure Archie would build you one for the track. As for me..lets see, no roll cage, custom one off body panels, DUBs, Two kids and more brains than testosterone....... sorry not for me.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the right price I'm sure Archie would build you one for the track. As for me..lets see, no roll cage, custom one off body panels, DUBs, Two kids and more brains than testosterone....... sorry not for me.

No need for a cage as the car has to run 11.4 or better to need one. Panels can be fixed if anything happens. Seen a Trail Blazer SS run a 11.4@123 on 20 inch street tires. Got 2 kids myself and I still manage to hit the track. Brains have nothing to do with going to the track.....Just say you have no interest in running th car at the track...no reason to make excuses....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

No need for a cage as the car has to run 11.4 or better to need one. Panels can be fixed if anything happens. Seen a Trail Blazer SS run a 11.4@123 on 20 inch street tires. Got 2 kids myself and I still manage to hit the track. Brains have nothing to do with going to the track.....Just say you have no interest in running th car at the track...no reason to make excuses....

I'll repeat it for you:

For the right price I'm sure Archie would build you one for the track. As for me..lets see, no roll cage, custom one off body panels, DUBs, Two kids and more brains than testosterone....... SORRY NOT FOR ME.

PS. not excuses, they are my reasons for not choosing to do so, and I stand by them. Mustang please don't waste your time we have been down this road already. If you want to continue, start your own thread and have at it and enjoy your self.

This car was not built for the 1/4 mile but built for fun spirited driving cruising down the highway.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-08-2010).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This car was not built for the 1/4 mile but built for fun spirited driving cruising down the highway.

The RFT trolls are going to make a 3 page thread about that one. But its true, you paid the money, its your car, you can do whatever you want with it, If I was you I might take it to the drag strip a few times, but its a expensive thing to break.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.....Just say you have no interest in running th car at the track...no reason to make excuses....

I think he's said just that about 20 times so far in this thread. But you don't get it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-08-2010).]

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I completely understand and have the same sentiment. I am often asked by friends and coworkers why I never take my Fiero to the track, and I honestly have no answer other than that is simply not something I am interested in doing... for several reasons - the main one being I do not want to "hurt" anything mechanical, cosmetic or otherwise on something that I worked hard at building for driving enjoyment... not for taking to the track.

Great looking car, and I hope to see it in person one day.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey MstangsBware- please continue here. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071221.html I like to know what's the hold-up, since you've previously made plenty of excuses about not having the time to go and see.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey MstangsBware- please continue here. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071221.html I like to know what's the hold-up, since you've previously made plenty of excuses about not having the time to go and see.

You reply was pointless....Am I missing something?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

. Brains have nothing to do with going to the track..... QUOTE]

that's funny...

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plus to you Troy....now thats what I call a riceburner's nightmare !!!! even though my Widow is too...but anyway ..... your car is a clear message to all the trolls and jerkstains who b!tch about V8 Archies .... I dont know of a better ''perfect union'' then that.....she is a feat of engineering my hats off to you and Archie... maybe one day have a chance to shake your hand... get well soon

your canadian friend EH !!
Danyel

------------------

Lambo Doors
http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by troyboy:

For the right price I'm sure Archie would build YOU one for the track.

checkmate.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first full length article that will be on the wiki site.

I hope everyone comes and checks it out. I hope to become the sister site to pff.

Once I can get a job I will move to a dedicated server etc.

it's like wikipedia basicly.

Link is in my sig.

------------------

Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.

#12 NYFOC Member.

Official PFF-Wiki: http://fiero-wiki.wetpaint.com/

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 04-03-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, you're working to hard. Let the kids have at it. Give the camera to one of the kids and let us enjoy some pics (from a kids perspective).

Oh yeah, how is the license plate flipper doing?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy. You have a pm.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 making sure the tires are at maximum pressure (40-50psi). It helps if you've got extenders. Why so? Not all gas/air stations are created equal. You may find a air station with the rubber hose and others with the metal female ends. The HREs are flush with the rim thus the valve cap blends in with the screws, but using modern tire gauges sometimes are too big, so the need for extenders.

(tires are 255/30/19)

Hey, never turn down extra help, especially since her hands are small enough to reach those tiny valve caps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-24-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock