Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 60)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367688 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

And the latest is??

waiting on Uncle Sam
IP: Logged
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

No apologies needed just directing you to an older post.

But it was a good question and........ thanks to IMSA GT this might all change..........

what do you guys Think?
that with led on eachside or should I just stick to plan 1:

plan #1 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBoRJITnxk

That Pontiac IMSA version is very classy. IMO you do not need anything on the rear of the car ( like those "dancing lights" ) that will try to steal the spotlight away from the main attraction ( remember "jewel in a case" ).
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while since we've had an update.

The last update was when it was very cold outside.

As most know, Troy plans to pick the car up in late May & debut the Perfect Union at this years Dells Show.

If all goes to plan, he will arrive before the Dells Show, inspect the car & then take it to the Dells.

So since it's nearly finished, we've been working on other projects for the last several weeks.

Several weeks ago we found that we had a leak from the Power Steering pump Area. With all the stuff in the car, you can't even see the P.S. pump...... you can see the pulley, but not the pump. We were pretty sure the leak was in one of the fittings near or on the pump. You'll remember that when we were originally fitting the parts into the car, we had to make a little bubble in the bulkhead behind the passenger seat to clear the P.S. pump & fittings. Instead of pulling the engine out to work on the P.S. pump, we made that little "bubble" in the bulkhead into an access panel. With that panel off, we could start the engine & actually see where the leak was & we could fit it right there. As it turns out one of the fittings that was in the pump that we got from Street & Performance was flawed & I had them send a new fitting & we were able to repair it right there.

Back when we 1st got the car started up, the fluid in the P.S. resevour was foaming up. Well this leak was the reason. We have started it & the foaming is gone now.

Another thing we found when we had originally started up the engine, we noticed a rubbing noise when we rev'ed the engine up quickly. It was ok when rev'ing it slowly & when running normally but when rev'ed quickly a noise was there. On investigation, we found that the idler that we set the car up with originally was too close to the alternator & when it moved when rev'ing quickly an area on the back side of the tensioner arm was touching the alternator fan. Once again, we didn't want to remove the engine again to address this, so we had to wait to figure out a new setup until we could figure out a new system to put on it.

We had another LS engine in the shop, so after some planning, we decided that it would be better to remove the relative parts off of the LS7 & build the new mock-up on that engine.

The pictures below show the new system as mocked up on the other engine. We then moved all of the parts back to the LS7 car & put it all back together.

It's all working great now.

Before:

After:

You will also remember that Troy had decided he needed a spot brake to use on the DS1 'Vette brake system.

We'll be putting all that back togetherr this week. To make it all work we needed some special bolts to get the new Spot brake caliper mounts to bolt on with the DS1 stuff. The bolts came in today, so Ill get some pics. as soon as it's all back together.

Pretty soon someone's going to have to put some test miles on it.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-16-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I would take the assignment of test pilot! LOL
looking great!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Before:

The alternator fan is lopsided.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

The alternator fan is lopsided.

I guess you don't know why. If all the blades were as tight together as they are at their closest point the fan would not cool the alt at all due to a vortex of air that would surround the blades. The different section breaks this vortex keeping a nice stream of air flowing through the alt.

As for the before and after of the belt routing. Do a water test on that a/c compressor. With the belt being wrapped less than 90º around the pulley it's going to require extra tension on the belt to keep it from squealing. The extra tension will decrease belt and bearing life. It's been recommended that at least 120º of wrap be used to allow less tension to be used without slipping.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 03-17-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-21-2009).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There needs to be some high resolution pictures posted with this car. Or a professional photographer hired to take some beauty shots one day

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

There needs to be some high resolution pictures posted with this car. Or a professional photographer hired to take some beauty shots one day

If you think the pictures are bad, you should see how bad the video was that I shot right after the pics.

Need a better camera

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you think the pictures are bad, you should see how bad the video was that I shot right after the pics.

Need a better camera

Archie

ah the pictures aren't that bad, but a pro photographer could take some pictures that could really make the car shine, stuff worthy of the magazines. Definitely a car that needs that kind of documentation
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Well... I'm planning to be at Dells Run ~ and I'll gladly bring the "good" camera rig
PFF
System Bot
ChevyBuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChevyBuffSend a Private Message to ChevyBuffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW.... Talk about jaw droping. That is B E A U T I F U L !

I met LT188GT tonight at the Tower shops here in SoFlo and he told me about this car. Very nice job.

I also wouldn't mine having LT188GT ride either....lol
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, ChevyBuff . Archie and crew and Firefox both did a great job on the car
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've come a long way. Great looking car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-25-2009).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're ready to do some test driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwocAOkAO8
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're ready to do some test driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwocAOkAO8

PM sent
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie or Troy,..what size speakers are those in the lower door panel ?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, I can't wait to see your car in person.
we will be going to Archies on the 28th and then to the Dells.
D.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool... especially the parking lot take offs.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect song for the Perfect Union.

Archie what was the highest RPM and speed that you achieved on the test run?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perfect song for the Perfect Union.

Archie what was the highest RPM and speed that you achieved on the test run?

We only have about 20 miles on it right now, so I'm still early on in the breakin driving.

Haven't had the throttle wide open yet. Got up to 5500 RPM at one point. Also got up to 70 mph in 2nd gear, don't know what RPM was at that point.

Had about 10 questions from other motorists just driving around in the industrial park.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-22-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-22-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just made happy time in my pants. Like watching high quality pron. I found myself yelling at the drivers ahead to move!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-22-2009).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet I can't wait to get her home. Looks and sounds great Archie
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free of charge, I will be more than happy to deliver your car to you by way of Miami.

Originally posted by troyboy:

Sweet I can't wait to get her home. Looks and sounds great Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Free of charge, I will be more than happy to deliver your car to you by way of Miami.

That's fine by me, just as long as you settle the bill with Archie when you pick her up
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting ready for the Dells.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-26-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait! 2 days and I will get to see this car in person
I want mine done so bad
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfection at it's finest!!

Great job to all involved in this incredible work of art!!

Enjoy Troyboy........

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2009 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That pose is sweet
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie do you sale this badge? If so, how much?

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2009 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see this project completed. Hope to be able to see it, maybe at Daytona next year? This got to be the most customized Fiero ever but with great taste True show and go!
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats something I have been thinking of doing with modified Fierostore Ornaments.
Sweet

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 05-31-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Troy, wish you could have been there.

Archie
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats Troy, wish you could have been there.

Archie

Congratulations to Archie & crew and Firefox for a job well done, and a special thanks to all my Fiero friends at the Dells
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock