Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 56)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367685 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Brocephus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

OMG this thread is at the bottom of Page 3!
Is time for El mucho bumpo to the top of page Uno.

P.S.
Isn't the full name of the 480 HP LS3 engine the "LS376/480HP" ?

~Bob

Originally posted by Archie:

The LS3 is a 430 HP GM crate engine http://www.crateenginedepot...9211709-P1897C0.aspx

The LS376 is another GM crate engine that is the same as an LS3 except that is has the GM Hot Cam Kit in it & is rated at 480 HP.
http://www.crateenginedepot...9171224-P2218C0.aspx

Bob knows this because he's the one who specified that we install a LS376. The only reason I mentioned it is that it would have only been a little time before someone with a bone to pick would have come along.

That's all.

Everyone have a Happy Holiday, I'm gone for a couple of days.

Archie

Are you the guy Archie warned us about, hehehe?

edit: I own page 56!!

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 12-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:
Are you the guy Archie warned us about, hehehe?
edit: I own page 56!!

I don't know for sure. I mean after all Archie knows a lot of folks. I'm sure I'm not the only Bob he knows.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:
Isn't the full name of the 480 HP LS3 engine the "LS376/480HP" ?

~Bob

Yes, that is how it's listed in the GM Performance Parts Handbook.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
This week, we're working on getting as much put together as we can.

We installed & adjusted the rocker panels & got the rear clip fastened into place.

We also installed the hood & the NSX-R lights. Adjusting the nose, hood, lights & everything else as we went.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i am just dying to see this thing all buttoned up, the wheels back on, and all cleaned up.

Keep up the good work Archie and crew.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie Builds Excitement!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great Archie, I can't wait until the 8th.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All the way back on page 3 !!??

No i don't think so.

Bump !
Tanlrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TanlratSend a Private Message to TanlratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nor should we have page 2

bump
Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must agree w/ tan so again

bump
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last couple of days, it was about putting together what parts we did have.

The Battery Tray, spare tire well & brake booster came in from paint. They had overspray on the underside, so we painted that area & installed them right away....

We also have been putting braided wire covers on the few wires that can be seen in the engine compartment.

We also have been building a Glovebox into the dash above the cup holders we fitted several months ago.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-04-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's coming along nicely. Archie will you have the HRE's at the shop on Thursday for pic's.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

It's coming along nicely. Archie will you have the HRE's at the shop on Thursday for pic's.

Yes
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one sweet ride. I just looked true all 56 pages again. Wow

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work being done Archie! (and crew)

So.... Is there a "hey Troy, come pick it up" day set?

All these pics are such a tease
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is WOW!!! Your right Mark "Firefox" this is sweet!!!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
NEW e-mail address ankerenterprises@yahoo.com
Anker Enterprises L.L.C.

MY 88 Northstar build thread

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some updated pics of things we're working on......

The gas door trim & lid are back from paint & installed.

The glove box door is hinged & latched.

The trim for under the tail lights is back from paint. Once we installed it, we could install the tail lights.

You can see the lower bumper grill is also installed now.

More tomorrow.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, do you have any guesstimate on the curb weight yet? I'm very curious to see if you top 3k... I highly doubt it, but I'm just curious...
Awesome work, btw, again...
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lunacy of this whole project astounds me, not only does it look spectacular but it's gonna go like a raped ape... I seriously can't stand the waiting for more pictures
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any weights yet.

The complete body, chassis is most likely within 100# of stock. The AL. engine with the oil tank & other parts likely adds a little weight. The biggest weight adder is probably in the interior with Amps & other electrical componets adding some weight. The big wheels & tires also added some weight. The lambo hinges added about 50#.

The car was never weighed before the work was done, so I don't know what the weight was initially. I'd guess that the maximum weight gain would be 300# to 400#.

Archie

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Archie, do you have any guesstimate on the curb weight yet? I'm very curious to see if you top 3k... I highly doubt it, but I'm just curious...
Awesome work, btw, again...

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats sweet.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks professionally done.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Looks professionally done.

Archie done.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I didn't have time to post much earlier today.

I've hed many time in the past 20 year where I've had to do repairs or service on custom or fabricated parts built by some of the various kit car builders. It's not a lot of fun to work on stuff that never was designed to be dis-assembled. So we did this dash so it can be installed into the car all in one unit & so it can easily disconnected. So what you see here is a wire harness we made for the instrument panel area that just plugs right into the Fiero when it's installed. There are a few other wires to hook up but 95% of the connections are right here in these plugs.

Here we have a pic of the tail with the lights turned on & you'll note that the exhaust tips have been reinstalled too.

Lights on at the other end.

Here are some pics of the console reassembled & the dash in the car.

Archie
Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

think u got enough base in there? the cab is 5sqft lol
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've hed many time in the past 20 year where I've had to do repairs or service on custom or fabricated parts built by some of the various kit car builders. It's not a lot of fun to work on stuff that never was designed to be dis-assembled. So we did this dash so it can be installed into the car all in one unit & so it can easily disconnected.

Thumbs up for that, Archie. It says something about the builder when they take time to make the results of their work easier for other people to live with later on, and not just worried about what's easiest/quickest for them to do at the moment.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish more people would think that way - the guy who performed the RHD conversion on my car has done an appalling job, the loom hasn't been repositioned correctly so the cabling into the instrument panel is all pulled super tight (made replacing the old light switch quite aggrovating indeed) along with a host of other annoying 'features' like the steering column that's mounted too low into the firewall and the water that leaks in around the heater...

Great to see that there's been some painstaking effort put into this car to prevent any such horrors from befalling the next chap who works on this car... although I dare say the next chap working on the car will probably be Archie or Troy anyway

Edit: Those cupholders are mint, although they'd look even more awesome if they were anodized dark grey or black to match the dash

[This message has been edited by Carcenomy (edited 01-06-2009).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is getting ridiculous.....I'm tired of waiting for this to end..Hahahaha only kidding. Good job guys, looks great. But seriously...i wanna see it done.
This reminds me of that old saying...

"Good things come to those who wait."

I'm sure Troyboy is sooooooo excited.
Have fun with her when u get her home, shes the new mistress. You have to put up some vids too Troyboy, when you're cruising the streets.

-Alex
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

think u got enough base in there? the cab is 5sqft lol

Could be worse...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plug 'n Play. Great job.

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Plug 'n Play. Great job.

Pay to Play

Like Illinois politics

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-07-2009).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know how the local laws are where your at but here in Oregon it is illegal to have more then 4 front lights. This means 2 headlight and 2 driving lights only. Is this a problem where you are? I'm know you have researched the laws well but I was just curious. Here I would get a ticket for that even though I love the look. Amazing job on everything so far. I hope to get to see this car in person just once in my life.

EDIT: To get the right pic up.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 01-07-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know about the lighting requirements in NY but at least we'll be able to see them coming for us.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I don't know how the local laws are where your at but here in Oregon it is illegal to have more then 4 front lights. This means 2 headlight and 2 driving lights only. Is this a problem where you are? I'm know you have researched the laws well but I was just curious. Here I would get a ticket for that even though I love the look.

I believe the lower outer lights would be considered marker lights, so there are only 2 headlights and 2 fog lights. I don't think there are any restrictions on how many "marker lights" you can have.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

I believe the lower outer lights would be considered marker lights, so there are only 2 headlights and 2 fog lights. I don't think there are any restrictions on how many "marker lights" you can have.

Thats a good point. Guess it will depend on the local laws and police interpretation of those laws. As a worst case senario you could just tint the markers yellow. Then they couldn't call them another set of driving lights. Good thing is the cops will probably spend so much time trying to figure out what kind of car this is that they won't know what to do with themselves. Not to mention the quality of build will make them think its all factory.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy will be here tomorrow to check out his car.

There will be a bunch of pics tomorrow, so today you just get a tease.

Everything shines.......

Even the mirrors shine like mirrors

These will shine tomorrow...

Archie
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG, ...WOW
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot glistening awesomeness! Is it back on its paws yet?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock