Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 53)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367705 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Any pic's of the parts mark dropped off?

Yes, Now we can get started on installing the LS7 intot he car for the last time Monday.

For the 1st time in a long time I can't wait for Monday to come. (<~~~ He's just joking)

All of the engine compartment metal parts came in today. They all look good. Here are pics of a few of them, I forgot to take pics of the others. You'll see plenty of pics of these parts the 1st of the week.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, let the excitement begin.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Now, let the excitement begin.

As I said before, Pontiac builds excitement.

Archie and Crew builds "HOLY SH!T!!"

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, guys and gals.

I need to thank everyone for a little patience here the last couple of weeks. We've had a few family issues to deal with, including Kristie's mother ( my mother-in-law ) passing away. That has taken up a lot of time and energy and things really slowed down for a bit. I've been working a little here and there but not as fast as I really would have liked and it's kind of held up the project a touch. So, my apologies for my lack of presence. I spent the day today at Archie's finishing up some engine bay work and some touch up on the car itself and things are looking great. I have the mirrors finished but when I left the house this morning I grabbed the mirror bases but not the mirrors themselves. They are sitting on a shelf behind me.

I have to reassemble them and they'll be on the car this week.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 12-06-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the hard work Mark and my condolences to the family.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great! I can't wait to see the LS7 running.
the paint work looks great.
sorry to hear about your mother in law.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics as we put it together for the last time.

Archie
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I WANT ONE!
Archie this car is going to be your crown Jewel!
Troy you are the man!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!

Too bad I live in CA.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I'm trying to come up with a set of solid motor and tranny mounts for my little Nissan swap. I've learned a lot from the pics you've put up so far, but I was wondering if it would it be possible to get a close-up of Troy's motor and tranny mounts sent to me in a pm? (I know you probably don't want detailed pics in a public forum where your competition can see and attempt to make half-ass copies of them....again.)

Much obliged.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arch,
Have you tried to use a LS4 (FWD) harmonic balancer on the front of a LS1/2 motor. If you were just running an Alt and not PS/AC you may be able to save some room and not have to notch the frame. Have your tried that set up yet.

Rob
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Arch,
Have you tried to use a LS4 (FWD) harmonic balancer on the front of a LS1/2 motor. If you were just running an Alt and not PS/AC you may be able to save some room and not have to notch the frame. Have your tried that set up yet.

Rob

I haven't built an LS engine yet without A/C so I haven't tried that yet.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

that looks like something you would present your Fiancee when you asked to marry ..if you were marrying Elizabeth Taylor
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this week we've been putting the engine into the car.

Since the last update, we've put the engine in.

We've made lots of wiring connections & have been hooking up lines & hoses.

Before putting the engine in we did a lot of prep work in the engin compartment trying to route the wires & lines into the areas where we had planned for them to be during the trial fitting a few months ago.

After several hours of hooking up various things from the top, it became necessary to muve the car to the lift so we could work on the bottom side.

I couldn't resist a few pics on the floor. Note that most of the body panels are just sitting losely on the car.

On the lift

More tomorrow.

Archie

myersports

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for myersportsClick Here to visit myersports's HomePageSend a Private Message to myersportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What can I say!!! WOW Great job to all the people involved!!! Esp. the Guy who is going to drive it. I have the the keys to a 2006 C6 ZO6 (its my fathers and I have driven it about 8500 miles)and I can tell you it is a monster. To put the engine in a Fiero is crazy! And I wish it was mine. Good luck to you Troy(and your f40) Can't wait to see more!!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2008 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't built an LS engine yet without A/C so I haven't tried that yet.

Thanks for taken the time to reply Arch, I know you are a busy man. The reason I ask is that I will be building my motor next summer and I will not be using A/C. I suspect that if I use the LS4 balancer I can save at least an inch or more and may be able to set back the alt just under the exhast mani or just off of it. I still will need to fab up a bracket, but I may save the "notching" the frame rail.

Thanks again.

rob
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New member here. I just wanted to say I recently made the pilgrimage to Archie's and my car proudly sits in the shop alongside Troy's. I got to see it a few days ago and let me tell you, fellas, the pictures do not do it justice.
Troy, your car is the definitive custom Fiero, just beautiful.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

New member here. I just wanted to say I recently made the pilgrimage to Archie's and my car proudly sits in the shop alongside Troy's. I got to see it a few days ago and let me tell you, fellas, the pictures do not do it justice.
Troy, your car is the definitive custom Fiero, just beautiful.

Welcome to the Forum finally.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
YouTube is taking a long time to process uploaded videos tonight.......
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know what's up with the videos.

I've got 2 brief videos of the engine running (about 10 seconds each).

I uploaded them about an hour ago & the tube tells me that they're still processing.

BTW, the car runs sweet & started on the 1st try.

I'm going to EMail the vids to you & I'll post links here if they ever finish processing.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the vids are up Archie sweet!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here they are.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbFUXbTFnV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ8Z_1qzIK0

Now it's time to start buttoning up the engine part of the swap.

Archie
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds soooooooo good!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get the FIRST test drive. HaHaHaHa !!!!!!

Put some snow tires on that baby & take it out & run it.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I get the FIRST test drive. HaHaHaHa !!!!!!

Put some snow tires on that baby & take it out & run it.

I would hate to be the guy on clean up detail hint hint
Tanlrat

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TanlratSend a Private Message to TanlratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my god that is just one sick sounding machine, I nearly drooled on my keyboard

You'll scare the piss out of anyone who hears that little machine.

Archie you're the man, Troy's car is one beautiful machine, you and your crew should be proud of this master piece

Troy you are one lucky man
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that sound suspiciously like my 68RSSS Camaro I used to own that had a 454 except the idle is smoother. It had about 450 hp on tap and was scary fast. Oh man are you going to have fun with that. Be careful thats ALOT of power for a Fiero
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that thing probably sounds as loud as my 383....................... WITH THE CUTOUTS OPEN! LOL
Great job guys!
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before with the ZZ430
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk5tJYh28Sw

After with the LS7
http://www.youtube.com/watc...zIK0&feature=channel

to me the LS7 sounds a little more civil, but both will give the neighbors nightmares .

constructive opinions welcome.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During both idel demonstrations, I like the LS7 sound compared to the ZZ430. Either way, both engines are okay in my book.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WE ran the engine about 20 to 30 minutes today, varying the RPM & watching everything.

Checking, gages, scanner, water temp...... everything including trying to work the air bubbles out of the Power Steering.

Here's another video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ02Z7sSH30

Archie
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

First let me say that I really admire the work and effort that is being put into this car. It's beautiful!

I only have 1 criticism to make and it just more or less a pet peeve I have. This is a Fiero not a Corvette...loose the Corvette name on the motor covers. Spend the extra cash and have custom covers made if you have to.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WE ran the engine about 20 to 30 minutes today, varying the RPM & watching everything.

Checking, gages, scanner, water temp...... everything including trying to work the air bubbles out of the Power Steering.

Here's another video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ02Z7sSH30

Archie

sounds great Archie . Jimmy the covers will get customized when I get the car back home. The corvette will come off the covers via a custom plaque engraved in chrome and orange. That also goes for the brake calipers they will say "Brembo" with 14 rotors. But all in time now it's time to buy the toys for the kids
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sounds great Archie . Jimmy the covers will get customized when I get the car back home. The corvette will come off the covers via a custom plaque engraved in chrome and orange. That also goes for the brake calipers they will say "Brembo" with 14 rotors. But all in time now it's time to buy the toys for the kids
ooooooh that's heaven ...i love the beginning of the staccato bursts that we sure hope will rise into nirvana once it is broken in in an up coming video with Troy's grin affirming it ...

huh? Forgive me I had a couple of glasses of Zin when I wrote that...

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 12-13-2008).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
we don't need no stinkin turbo
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thats awsome Troy. I did not know you already had that in your plans.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Man does that thing sound Great!
nice job guys. I am glad to see it running.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock