Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367634 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is looking great Archie.
got ta love that tranny now let's just hope the LS7 will show it some love too

IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question. Are you even going to drive a car that is this perfect? I mean look at that transmission, its a work of art, not something that should be covered in road grim and grease. Is this one going to be a full trailer show car, or a driver?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I have a question. Are you even going to drive a car that is this perfect? I mean look at that transmission, its a work of art, not something that should be covered in road grim and grease. Is this one going to be a full trailer show car, or a driver?

I'm gona drive the sh@t out of it . She will only see the trailer on long hauls in unfamiliar territory or trips with the family like NY to the DELLS. I will just have to make monthly visits to the local custom auto salon
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
I'm gona drive the sh@t out of it

I would expect nothing less Troy!
The car is looking absolutely Amazing!
We still need to finish the discussion we started in Flagstaff when I met Curley...
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm gona drive the sh@t out of it . She will only see the trailer on long hauls in unfamiliar territory or trips with the family like NY to the DELLS. I will just have to make monthly visits to the local custom auto salon

Good to hear. But I imagine you are going to buy some stock in micro-fiber towels, with all the cleaning that car will need after a day having fun. I am very jealous, this is an amazing car!!

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice to hear that this one will not be a trailer queen.
after all what fun is a car you cant drive.
looking great so far. keep it up.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice clearance with the VDI doors. Archie could you open the doors when the car was in the trailer?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice clearance with the VDI doors. Archie could you open the doors when the car was in the trailer?

Sorry, I didn't have a reason to open the doors the last few times it was in the trailer.

Sometime this weekend, I'll take some measurements of the doors & of your trailer to see if there is enough room to open them inside your trailer.

Archie
kennn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, did you ever mention what is the added weight of the VDI hinges and required hardware? If not, what is it approximately? Thanks.

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kennn:

Archie, did you ever mention what is the added weight of the VDI hinges and required hardware? If not, what is it approximately? Thanks.

Ken

Well, the VDI hinges that we just sent out from my group buy weighed 35# per set. I'd guess that the original hinges that are removed from the Fiero weigh about 7 # so the net would be about 28#.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I talked to Mark on Friday & he's planning to bring by a few newly painted parts on Monday morning. He says he'll pick up the metal shields for the engine compartment & paint them & have them back to me Wednesday.

We'll have the new shields done by then. They're only a couple of hours away from being done right now.

We have all the wire routing, Dry sump oil lines, P.S. lines, cooling System lines & MAF & other things mounted into the CAI. So we should be able to blow this thing apart one last time Monday morning after we completely finish the shields.

Kris is also proceeding on putting the interior back together, you can see that he has the carpets back in.

Archie

PFF
System Bot
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie what steering wheel & horn pad is that?
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a MOMO EVO steering wheel I believe.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie can we make a cover for this like you did on the other side, it's an eyesore in the jewelry box.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie can we make a cover for this like you did on the other side, it's an eyesore in the jewelry box.

Yes, the cover for this side is almost done.

With the P.S. oil lines, cooling system hoses & fittings, P.S. reservoir & wiring this corner is very busy. The cover will be done tomorrow & you'll see that it's covering a lot of stuff.

Archie
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this car and you guys are what made me want to do mine. Troy, Curly, Archie and Crew among others my wife thanks you! LOL.

I don't ask for permission I begg for forgiveness!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished up the shields today.

Then it was time to pull the engine back out so we could have Mark paint the shields.

They will all be painted Orange.

Archie

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking great!
I wish I had 50k (guessing!) to spend at Archies!
I want that LS7 but I will stick with the LS6.
one of these days I am going to make the pilgramage to Archies.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice finishing !
I think the enginebay also could look great with all the shielding being chromed...
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the shields should be painted, you want the ls7 to be the "shiny chrome jewel". When you pop that deck and out comes that motor you dont want anything else taking your eye away from it in my opinion.

awesome thread, vision, work. gj archie/crew/troy
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow what amazing work by Archie and crew. This car is going to leave people speechless, from hot rodders to supercar owners. it's a work of art and show the skills this shop really does offer.

I too will have to make the pilgrimage to Archie's and get the 88 chopped, or something because this work is crazy.

[This message has been edited by blkpearl (edited 11-25-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The third brake light, rather than "Fiero", should say "LS7", lol.

If anything ever does go wrong with the car, is Troy going to have to ship it back to Archie's to have the work done on it?

When Troy's car is finally completed, is Archie gonna close up shop for a week to take the crew on a well-deserved vacation?

If Troy gets abducted by aliens tomorrow, can I call dibs on the cup holder?

Inquiring minds wanna know....

On a serious note, I have had an inexplicable love for these cars ever since I saw my first one when I was 9 years old. At 33, I now own two '84's, one of which I bought on Ebay for $177.50 and the other was given to me by Philphine, a member of this forum. One is still completely stock while the other has been stripped completely and is currently undergoing a Nissan turbo engine swap.

Seeing Troy's dream come alive at the hands of Archie and his talented crew is what it is all about folks. Troy is doing now what I'm sure we all wish we could do. These little cars deserved a hell of a lot better than the hand they were dealt by GM and I tip my hat to Troy for takin' it to the limit. Troy, you sir are a visionary and your car speaks volumes about the man behind the screen name. And I'm certain that so long as the doors on Archie's shop still swing on their hinges, pictures of your car will adorn the halls and stories of its creation will be told, and retold, for many years to come.

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 11-27-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, time to get over the Turkey hang over and show some more pics
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

OK, time to get over the Turkey hang over and show some more pics

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rescued from page three!! Updates guys? You act as though we just had a major holiday and ya'll took some time off!
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
What type of finish is on the trans?
That work of art deserves to be mounted on a wall in the Getrag hall
of fame!
tg

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 pages back!
Archie, any updates yet ?
I know we are all like a bunch of junkies looking for our next fix.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whodeanie and I together have rescued this car from 5 pages worth of no updates! :crying:

Did Machesney Park fall off the map or are you guys still sleepin' off the turkey, hehe?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

Whodeanie and I together have rescued this car from 5 pages worth of no updates! :crying:

Did Machesney Park fall off the map or are you guys still sleepin' off the turkey, hehe?

No we didn't eat that much Turkey.

Mark picked up the metal shields for painting on tuesday the 25th & the plan was for him to get them painted & bring them back on Saturday the 29th. So we could spend this week putting the engine back in the car & hook everything up for the last time.

Well that didn't work out & Mark got delayed & the parts will be here this next Saturday.

In the meantime we've been prepairing the engine/trans/cradle to be all put back together. We've polished the adapter plate, fitted a bunch of Chrome bolts, fitted the intermediate shaft mounting assembly & a few other boring things.

Today a long awaited special wire harness for a LS376 engine that we're installing came in & we're spending some time buttoning that car up so it can get over to Marks for painting.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-02-2008).]

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[quote=Archie]...a few other boring things.[/quote]

I want the kind of boring things Troy has.

Pontiac builds excitement.
Archie builds, "HOLY SH!T!!!"
FieroBobo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
....No we didn't eat that much Turkey.......
......Today a long awaited special wire harness for a LS376 engine that we're installing came in & we're spending some time buttoning that car up so it can get over to Marks for painting......
Archie...

Well, I know of at least one person who is absolutely thrilled to get this news.

Hey Archie, what all needs to be done to finish up Troy's car?
Does he have a target date to pick up the car?
Do you think Troy will have the car for Christmas?

Troy's car never fails to amaze me. A technological tour de force, and a stunning piece of automotive styling. And then again there is all the superb workmanship. Like I said it never fails to amaze me.
You've gotta be proud of this car.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hey man I need an update after that Email ......inside joke

P.S. It's getting cold on the corner Archie
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

P.S. It's getting cold on the corner Archie

Did Troy just shake his butt at Archie?

[This message has been edited by Brocephus (edited 12-04-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

Did Troy just shake his butt at Archie?

No thats just me selling my ass on the corner. ....It's a joke he'll get it.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well now we know why its taking so long to finish
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, I wish I had some pics to post today to get that image out of my head.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This next week promises to be a very productive week.

I talked to Mark today & he is ciming by the shop tomorrow with a bunch of parts I've been waiting for. He's going to finish up some work he started on the body last weekend.

Next week we get to put the engine into the car with an eye toward trying to fire it up by the end of the week.

I'm pumped.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any pic's of the parts mark dropped off?
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a pilot bearing, no?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I see a pilot bearing, no?

That's correct, it does have a pilot bearing.

Every new LS1, LS2, LS3, LS376 crate engine we have bought before has come out of the crate configured as an automatic engine. None of them had pilot bearings & all of them had automatic Flexplates on them.

This engine is a new crate LS7, the same as the enginee being used in the new ZO-6 Corvettes. In that configuration the 'Vette is a front engine rear wheel drive car & the engine comes with the ZO-6 Clutch & pilot bearing. If you go back a few pages to the pics I posted when the engine came in, you'll see it has a clutch on it.

The G6 6 speed we're using is just like any other GM FWD stick shift transmission & the input shaft has no provisions to slide inside a pilot bearing. In fact the input shaft comes no where near the pilot bearing so there is no need to remove the pilot bearing prior to installing the 6 speed.

Thanks

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock