Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 47)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367705 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
85duke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just registered but i have read this read up on this biuld after i saw this car on youtube amazing work to all involved while you haven't reinvented the wheel you sure made it bad a** good work.
Noob owns page 47 sorry great build. now if i could keep my duke alive. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

[This message has been edited by 85duke (edited 09-02-2008).]

IP: Logged
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:
now if i could keep my duke alive. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Take it to archie, hand over your credit card (or your first born, your choice) and he'll fix you right up. Might have a few more cylinders when you get it back though.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol I think my first and second born could be arranged. archie does amazing work thats for sure.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Mark, It is time to pony up with some pics!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I started with a little project that Archie needs to finish off the drivetrain. I'm still waiting for a part for my Suburban front axle and finishing up that project. I had a u-joint go bad at one of the front wheels and it didn't want to come apart very easy and I wasn't going to do anything to the car surface with greasy hands.

Well, it's been raining all day today and raining pretty heavy tonight so no Suburban work this evening. But, I need to get this thing finished up for the weekend so Archie can get it back while I'm at the shop for the V-8 Archie Open House on Saturday.

Here it is after cleaning.....

Not the easiest thing to clean up with all the nooks and crannys but it's doing very well......

With a bit of metal-etching primer......

I'm going to let it sit overnight to make sure that I have everything covered properly. It's looking really good at this point and will look fabulous tomorrow.

Mark

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just typed out a book and it told me that there's no record of a "Brocephus". I hit the back button only to discovered that my book was erased.

So rather than waste another 45 minutes typing it all back out, lemme just say that I love the build and I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl has a pic of the finished product that I delivered to Archie. I'm suprised he hasn't posted it yet.

Hey, Curly! Post the pic!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Madcurl has a pic of the finished product that I delivered to Archie. I'm suprised he hasn't posted it yet.

Sorry about the delay. I didn't get home until 12-midnight. Okay, on with the show!

Here's the new baby. Isn't she cute.

I saw it and it was beautiful!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

The part looks great Mark, I bet that color would look great on a car...
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sorry about the delay. I didn't get home until 12-midnight. Okay, on with the show!

Some strange form of wiper linkage? Be interesting to see how it works.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics from CTHC III

(pics by ShockWave)
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, way back on page 4.

Progress pics.

The exhaust pipes came back from heat coating today.

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the pipes look Great I can't wait to see the rest of the car after paint.
Any other progress?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The exhaust pipes came back from heat coating today.

As usual, it's looking good. Will the coating remain like that for good or for what period before they start to discoloring?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As usual, it's looking good. Will the coating remain like that for good or for what period before they start to discoloring?

most coatings loose the shine after a very short time, but continue to protected against rust and heat.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

most coatings loose the shine after a very short time, but continue to protected against rust and heat.

Thanks. I asked Archie about #020 exhaust. Boy, it's been sitting outside in the salty air for two years prior to me buying it from a friend (darn coast living eats everything) . It might be salvaged, but has a lot of rust on it. Well see.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-12-2008).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ceramic chrome coated exhaust started losing it's shine in the first couple weeks. It is really dull now after a year. It still does it's job though.

Has any paint started flying on the body yet?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-13-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Has any paint started flying on the body yet?

Good question
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie I will call you tomorrow, We need to start making arrangements for pickup.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 09-14-2008).]

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't untill we get to see some pics of this thing painted along with the arch rival these two cars are what define our passion for this american two seater. The ability to take something and make it your own. I hope to one day see these two cars in person.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Ok Mark, It is time to pony up with some pics!

I don't see anything? Do you guys?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-15-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, guys and gals.....

We're back on track. I ran into a little trouble with cleaning up the car after some modifications and finally have things back under control. While the car was back at the shop for modifications, there was a little bit of elbow grease that ended up on the body. I've been spending quite a bit of time cleaning up things so paint will stick and unfortunately for me I didn't do a good enough job. While spraying the white base color on the front and rear clips, there were a few of those pesky ' fisheyes' that seem to show up when you get a little grease on the surface of the car. So, when the paint started flying, the ' fisheyes' appeared. I've been working on getting everything sanded down and cleaned up again and during this time I wasn't going to take pics as I needed to walk away from the car several times. My apologies, but it's something that I needed to deal with. Cleaning took a lot more time than I expected and grease doesn't like to come out of primer very easy.

So, now that everything seems to be in order and ready to go, progress will be coming along. I've got the roof repairs finished and ready for primer and the engine bay is ready for paint. Here are a couple of engine bay pics to hold until tomorrow......

Mark
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Mark
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the update Mark

Yes Mark, let's see more.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
The polished metal for the decklid mirrors came in yesterday. Today we finalized the method we will use to mount them after the decklid is finished at painting.

This polished metal only comes in 24" x 24" square pcs. & we needed pcs. that were about 26" long so we had to cut 2 pcs. diagonally out of each sheet.

These pics should show you some of the process, we will finish this tomorrow & I'll shoot some pics before we remove it all & set it asside until final assembly.

Note: the polished metal has a blue tinted protective film on it right now.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Note: the polished metal has a blue tinted protective film on it right now.

Archie

Looking good.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finished it up today.

Hey Mark, give me a call & we'll figure out the best time to get the decklid back to you.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
omfg troy that color is ginna be amazing. Good work to archie and crew.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates Mark? How did you fair with the fisheye problem.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've had a bit of a family issue this week ( mother-in-law is going to a nursing home ) but work continues. the rear clip is ready to go...

Here is the rear clip in white base color almost ready for color. I found a couple more pinholes to patch up but tomorrow it's going to get a couple of coats of orange base but no clear. This will make the final painting easier when the rest of the car is reassembled.

More to come....

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 09-21-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good! black and white are cool but color is better!???????????????
longarm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longarmSend a Private Message to longarmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this build on another forum, I just have to ask.....PLEASE TELL ME ITS GOING TO BE PAINTED IN A REAL PAINTBOOTH!!!
All that work is being done in a "shop/garage"?!!!! Really? I love howthe photochops have come out, I just cant fathom that much fabrication and not having a bigtime painter/bodyshop handle the rest!!!

[This message has been edited by longarm (edited 09-22-2008).]

Thehudson22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thehudson22Send a Private Message to Thehudson22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love Fieros bit i hate that body style i only like the gts
stryker

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for strykerSend a Private Message to strykerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by longarm:

Found this build on another forum, I just have to ask.....PLEASE TELL ME ITS GOING TO BE PAINTED IN A REAL PAINTBOOTH!!!
All that work is being done in a "shop/garage"?!!!! Really? I love howthe photochops have come out, I just cant fathom that much fabrication and not having a bigtime painter/bodyshop handle the rest!!!

it dont matter where a body is painted,all paint is color sanded and buffed anyways.i can show you cars that were painted outside and look better than your bigtime car painters! it just takes time and patience.
John
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by longarm:

Well let's just say that I'm blessed with the means to have this car painted by just about any paint shop in the USA, but it meant more to me to have it painted by a friend and a long time Fiero enthusiast.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Thehudson22:

Love Fieros bit i hate that body style i only like the gts

Whats a gts?
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well let's just say that I'm blessed with the means to have this car painted by just about any paint shop in the USA, but it meant more to me to have it painted by a friend and a long time Fiero enthusiast.

A point well taken from a man of honesty, integrity, and principle.
I'm hoping you dedication and patience will be rewarded with a car that will put a smile on you face every time you think of it.

~Bob

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock