Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367705 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ8:

http://tuccihotrods.com/ Maybe?

Try to find Lenny Smith, I think he may be retired but I know his son is an excellent painter as well.
I would suggest my Dad, but his hand is currently disabled and the shop is a little messy.

Oh yeah, bump!

thanks for the info

IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Archie:

A bit of an update on the car.

The back end of the chassis had a bit of frame rust on it & the fuel inlet pipe had rust in it too.

So we set about fixing it before we final mounted the rear clip. These are the kinds of things that have to be fixed if you're gonna do things "right".

thanks for the update and great work Archie.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the old fuel pipe.....

Here is the replacement pipe........

Then it's all about cleaning, grinding & welding in new steel........

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here's the new fuel pipe installed......

And We've installed the new rear window glass......

We also opened up the radius on the front wheel well openings. I can't find the in process pics on doing these but we used the same method that we used on the rear of the car. Here's the finished product.......

Once we get the body back on for the last time, we gotta do all the sanding of the glassed areas.

Then I want to put on the coil-overs & set it on the floor to determine what wheel sizes we will need.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-15-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the old fuel pipe.....

Here is the replacement pipe........

WOW! not good. good find, good fix.

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie,
When you finish yours, do you want another one? you know I have this one just sitting around waiting for someone to finish it. I will sell it!

------------------
The Prezzz

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Prezzzz:

Hi Archie,
When you finish yours, do you want another one? you know I have this one just sitting around waiting for someone to finish it. I will sell it!

I don't know...... that thing looks like it's too close to being finished. It would be way too easy to finish that up.

But....... ok, I'll take the bait. I know you want me to ask, so here goes........ Tell me more about that car!!!!

Archie

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There isn't much to say, I have to many Fieros and I am working hard to get Lamborghini done for the Dells Yha I know I say that every year, but here is a sneak peak, as far as the imsa it runs has a quad 4 and would look great with a chop top I just have to many projects I had a post in the mall but no one was interested, this is not a kit! it is a one piece body that had to be slid onto the frame from the rear 1/4's are part of the rear clip all moldings are fiber glass, I could go on and on about the lower springs and all the mods that were done the dash exhust and everything but this is you thread and I just thought you might want it or someone you know would like it to complete.

------------------
The Prezzz

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2006 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it's just me but I always wear big thick welding gloves when welding. Sunburn on exposed skin from the UV is bad enough but hot stray sparks onbare skin is not good and they burn though a pair of jeans like they arn't there. Guess how I know.

PS. Great work as always. I love these threads.

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 02-16-2006).]

aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
even worse is when you get a piece of welding slag to drop inside your shoe.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Archie,

Nice car! If only that was an 88.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 02-17-2006).]

Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your chop top's Archie - people mistake them for a Lotus up here in Canada.
I tried sitting in a 5" chop that a guy across town made, but I decided to go the roadster route (I'm 6' 2")
Thanks for selling me your V8 kit and posting pics of the LT1 reverse intake - it's the best idea I've ever seen on a LT1 Fiero.

Ryan

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is on an 84 frame but I have a 88 frame if someone wants it with the car. I have alot of Fieros and I reallly need to put them into the hands of Fiero people.

------------------
The Prezzz

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2006 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the motor arrive Archie?
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi Archie,

Whoa, what is that rear wheel off of?? It looks like the Fiero coupe 14" but in 15" or 16"?

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Whoa, what is that rear wheel off of?? It looks like the Fiero coupe 14" but in 15" or 16"?

They probably came off a Pontiac 6000 or late 80's Grand Am as both cars also used the 5X100 bolt pattern.
My guess would be the 6000 since it used the same bolt pattern up to 1990.

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that rim looks identicle to my old firebird formula rim ! Hmmm we need some light shed on this setup if it is a firebird rim !

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are Firebird wheels on adapters.

Lets get some updates on the choptop widebody, its been awhile.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 02-24-2006).]

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wha?

The Firebird rims look like this, guys:

Notice how the whole face is dished?

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 02-24-2006).]

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wha?
The Firebird rims look like this, guys:
Notice how the whole face is dished?

Lots of wheel options...
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My formula had the 16x8 turbo style rims with no dish (like the formula in that /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ pic ) I would love to get a set of GTA rims on my v8 build
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the body work?
p.s. sending you a pm on the motor change.
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Its looks strange because he has the imsa rear. Look just in front of the wheel rear wheel. I think that is what is throwing you off.

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I will put your mind a ease they are 16" rims and tires off of a trans am with wheel adapters to push them out to fit the body here is a closer look

------------------
The Prezzz

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess it's time to get back on subject here.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in town and glad to see that the engine is at the shop. When will the swap start?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Back in town and glad to see that the engine is at the shop. When will the swap start?

We'll get the original engine out next week & access how much rust repair we have to do to the cradle. Should be pretty well into it by the end of next week.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-04-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie any pics of the new valve covers?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to remember to take some pics of the covers tomorrow.

We have the old engine out of the car. Man just about everything under there has rust in it. We'll take a hard look at what we have & take a bunch of pics for you tomorrow.

Archie

Archie any pics of the new valve covers?

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump from page 4. Any more updates or has the PFF roadster been sucking the life out of you

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, do you still have the other F40 6 speed transmissions in house?.....

Got 2 more new F40 6 speed transmissions & associated parts in today.

One of them has Dias written on it & the other one could be yours.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, do you still have the other F40 6 speed transmissions in house?.....

Yes Sir, I've got an extra one for you & I've got 2 more ordered. In fact I've got all the pcs. for the six speed swaps done & most of them in stock. As of this time next week, I'll have over $40K in 6 speed swap inventory.

So I've got something for everyone here.

I'll bring some pics of your car home tomorrow. We're mounting the front air dam to the front clip right now for final mounting of the front clip on the car. We also put the Hot Cam & 1.6 rockers in your Fast Burn 385 engine today taking it up to 430.

I did take some pics of your valve covers the other day......

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-14-2006).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Bump from page 4. Any more updates or has the PFF roadster been sucking the life out of you

Exactly!!!!!!! I'm getting to where I'm tired of looking at that Roadster

Troy's V-8 6 speed swap, plus a 6 speed swap into a V-6 Fiero & a another V-8 6 speed swap & chop to another Fiero will be in full swing by the time I get back from FL. So there will be a lot of project updates for the next several weeks.

Archie

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
with all the work you have comming up you need any extra hands around the shop?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, we actually have a new guy starting in 2 weeks.

Archie

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

with all the work you have comming up you need any extra hands around the shop?

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well need one more? i would be honored to just sweap the floors at your place, let alone learn and work for you
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a bump from page 14.
gascarracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gascarracerSend a Private Message to gascarracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any more updates on this project. Is it done?

------------------
Ernie

1988 Silver GT
One owner 47000 miles.
Soon to be a 3.4 DOHC powered.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gascarracer:

Any more updates on this project. Is it done?

No it's not done yet, but soon I hope. 4 months with out your toy is painful but the reward should be priceless

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock