Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 32)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367684 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Doc John

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Last night I had a few ideas.

If someone could customize the mirrors (even more than they are), from F430 to "F427" to reflect the ci displacement of the LS 7 would make a nice statement....
IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
update: The new LS7 should be at Archie's by Monday!!!

As per my wife Fiero + Troy + Archie=
tjm4fun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjm4funSend a Private Message to tjm4funEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

ROFLMAO --- your poor wife! all this and hers is still sitting in the garage!

Stay well and enjoy it!

[This message has been edited by tjm4fun (edited 03-18-2008).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forgot to ask you if it was ok to post pics of the LS7 engine when it gets here & to continue this thread on all of phase 2 including the engine install?

If anyone wants to see it.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure post it as we go
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LS7 has landed.

Archie
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just drooled on the keyboard.

"Doc want"

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man !!!!!!!!!!
keep us posted.
GM calls this KING KONG in a crate.
Archie are you using the F40 trans.? and are you going to make changes to it to make it stronger ?

Faster than A Mclaren F1 !!!! NICE !!!!!
DEMONCHILD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DEMONCHILDSend a Private Message to DEMONCHILDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow 6 pages of hate on a tuner forum. I guess I should feel honored.

http://www.supercars.net/Ga...allery&galleryID=714
http://www.supercars.net/Pi...D=1&fID=1&tID=134863

This pissed me off how thoes little kids dissed this fiero...looool
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Oh man !!!!!!!!!!
keep us posted.
GM calls this KING KONG in a crate.
Archie are you using the F40 trans.? and are you going to make changes to it to make it stronger ?

The only changes to the transmission is that all the internals have been Cryo'ed. The transmission isn't back togther yet as we are trying to find some place in the Chicago area to get it polished or chrome plated.

If anyone knows of such a place let me know.

Archie
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie If you are going to do it to drive I would not chrome it. pollish is a bit more to maintain but it would hold up better
also you could pollish it and then have it clear powder coated.
Just a thought ...
I cant wait to see pics of the build. other than the dry sump are you going to have to make any other mods to fit it that
differ from the LS1 ?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The LS7 has landed.

Archie

I see two of them. Explain yourself, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-21-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The LS7 has landed.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I cant wait to see pics of the build. other than the dry sump are you going to have to make any other mods to fit it that
differ from the LS1 ?

As far as I can tell so far, the install is going to be just like the LS1 or LS2. We will have bigger headers built, the oil pan is a lower profile (due to dry sump).

We also will be getting a custom tank made for the dry sump oil tank.

Other than that it's hard to see anything that would complicate installation.

Archie
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, just out of curiosity, how many LSx engines will this make for you?
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You want an LS7 Doc?

I'll be happy to take that old LS2 off your hands
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a seriously cool engine. I hope it works well for you guys and the transmission holds up. These engines can push a vette into the 10s, stock. There is a ton of potential there.

What does the corvette use to make the transition from the manifold to a round pipe? Is it available to buy or are you building custom headers? What are you guys using for engine management?

These are not loaded questions. I applaud you guys for trying this. 500+hp in a fiero will be insane.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The LS7 has landed.

Archie

SHWWWIINNNNG!!!

That Miura in the background needs this engine ..who needs a Z06.. feh

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 03-21-2008).]

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

You want an LS7 Doc?

I'll be happy to take that old LS2 off your hands

Just a little envious, that's all. I'm still pretty darned happy with a mere 400 hp.

[This message has been edited by Doc John (edited 03-21-2008).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, car p0rn .

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-21-2008).]

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, car p0rn .

but a valid comment. Looked at the torque and power curves that GM publishes for this engine. http://media.gm.com/us/powe.../08_LS7/2008_LS7.pdf Please, Please post a vid of this car being put through it's paces.

PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:
Just a little envious, that's all. I'm still pretty darned happy with a mere 400 hp.

Are you using those rods going from the firewall to your strut tower to stiffen things up? Interesting, have not seen that done before.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:
Are you using those rods going from the firewall to your strut tower to stiffen things up? Interesting, have not seen that done before.

It's a Mera. Note how the hinges are moved higher & outboard from the oiriginal hinge mounting box.

Those rods are made by Rodney Dickman to provide some extra support to the new hinge position.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Erik:

That Miura in the background needs this engine ..who needs a Z06.. feh

The Miura was scheduled for an LS2, however with the new pricing from GM, the LS3 is only about $600 more than the LS2. So he'll likely go with the LS3.

Archie
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's a Mera. Note how the hinges are moved higher & outboard from the oiriginal hinge mounting box.

Those rods are made by Rodney Dickman to provide some extra support to the new hinge position.

Archie

Ahh, when I look closer I can see that it is quite a bit higher.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Info for curly, the LS7 weighs in at 458 lbs.
That shouldn't change much once we add the street cam for that extra little hp, you never know when you may encounter a Z06.
gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy this engine makes you the topdog hope this quiets the performance doubters now.
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Troy this engine makes you the topdog hope this quiets the performance doubters now.

Not to start any flame wars or contests or bickering but check out don krause's dyno sheet in this thread.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/089285-2.html

page 2 .

The LS7 is definantly a performer ! I am in love with the LS series of engines. Troyboy congrat's on getting a bada$$ engine and sticking it in the fiero. Archie ,like crazyone said, i would be interested to see how you tackle the manifold collector issue. I know the LS7 manifolds have an oval collector . Any ideas on that? Custom fabbed part, aftermarket vendor ?

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

Well I'm not trying to be top dog, I'm just fulfilling a dream. In the world of custom rides it's important to remember that some ones ride will always be faster. As for the doubters they will always find something to complain about, but it will be me that will have the big grin when I walk into my garage.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjm4fun:

ROFLMAO --- your poor wife! all this and hers is still sitting in the garage!

Stay well and enjoy it!

You'll have to stop by this summer and we can cruz to OBI's.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

i would be interested to see how you tackle the manifold collector issue. I know the LS7 manifolds have an oval collector . Any ideas on that? Custom fabbed part, aftermarket vendor ?

I have these headers custom made for the LS1, LS6, LS2 & LS3 engines. I've put them on all of the LSx swaps we've done so far. (Except for the 1st LS1 swap, we had to prototype on something).

They are 1.625" tube & 2.5" collector. We will have a set of 1.75" tube 3" collector headers that will be ready before we install this engine for the last time.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
427 LSx buildup on PowerBlock right now on Spike

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-23-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

427 LSx buildup on PowerBlock right now on Spike

I tape that episode and viewed it late last night, wow! I didn't know you could put a carb on top.

Any more pics?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-24-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update, update......
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I have to decide between the LS2, LS3, or LS7. I'm going to be very interested on how Troy's tranny handles the LS7.

Rob

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Now I have to decide between the LS2, LS3, or LS7. I'm going to be very interested on how Troy's tranny handles the LS7.

Rob

You forgot the LS9... Why not be the first with that swap? But personally I like the LS7 better.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You forgot the LS9... Why not be the first with that swap? But personally I like the LS7 better.

Actually that's the engine Troy was wanting to use. However after studying the pictures we could find of the engine & blower & intake system we determined that we couldn't turn the intake manifold around like we like to do without a lot of pain.

My favorite customers are the ones that allow me to be a part of the decission making process & we (Troy & I) decided that turning it around made it too complicated.

Also we liked the idea that it's very likely that the LS7 will be the last engine improvement to the LS series of engines that doesn't involve a blower. So we decided that having the last, biggest & greatest N/A Corvette engine in his car would be unique enough.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-28-2008).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually that's the engine Troy was wanting to use. However after studying the pictures we could find of the engine & blower & intake system we determined that we couldn't turn the intake manifold around like we like to do without a lot of pain.

My favorite customers are the ones that allow me to be a part of the decission making process & we (Troy & I) decided that turning it around made it too complicated.

Also we liked the idea that it's very likely that the LS7 will be the last engine improvement to the LS series of engines that doesn't involve a blower. So we decided that having the last, biggest & greatest N/A Corvette engine in his car would be unique enough.

Archie
So you can actually buy an LS9 at this point?

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you think it will come to the point of back halfing a fiero and building replacement frames and suspension?
More power needs more room, the Fiero cradle and rear frame are not optimized to take such large motors. But a custom frame and suspension could be built around the larger motor.
I wish I had the time and money to put all of my ideas to use. Its hard to do on a carport
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

So you can actually buy an LS9 at this point?

GM will start to release LS9s in Sept or Oct on a limited basis. If any one wants one just let me know price will be around 20,000.$$$$.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-28-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock