Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367703 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
. oops Archie beat me to it

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-03-2008).]

IP: Logged
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I need to hit the lottery.

Can't wait to see how this beast turns out, though!
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, you planning on running a few laps at the race track at the 25th?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TiredGXP:

LS7 N/A. I want to see how you fit that in

What kind of transmission are you planning to use that can deal with all that torque? The LS7 puts out about twice the torque that the G6 F40 transmission was designed to handle.

Cheers

On the LS7 we would retain the dry sump system. Other than getting a custom dry Sump tank made, the LS7 mounting should be about the same as an LS2.

We have a set of shafts & gears already Cryo treated for this car.

This car has 12" wide rear tires on it. If you put slicks on it & take it to the strip, rev it up to 6K & dump the clutch several times, you might be able to break it. We already have another 6 speed car that's going to be testing the strength of the transmissions this Spring. As we learn stuff from that car, it will be addressed in this car. I've driven this car. This is a street car & with the 12" wide street tires on it, it has smoked the rear tires very easily with the engine that has been in it. So we should be ok. For the kind of money that's in this car, if we wanted a drag car, we'd have bought a Camaro & we'd have money left to have a spare Fiero on the side too.

This LS3 vs LS7 survey is about us having a little fun as Troy decides.

I don't expect it to turn into the yadda yadda transmission discussion at this time.

Thanks

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Troy, you planning on running a few laps at the race track at the 25th?

If it's ready anything is possible
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait ! Hope you can make it

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 03-04-2008).]

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

On the LS7 we would retain the dry sump system. Other than getting a custom dry Sump tank made, the LS7 mounting should be about the same as an LS2.

We have a set of shafts & gears already Cryo treated for this car.

Yah, I think I remember a post about that a couple of pages back....

I've driven this car. This is a street car & with the 12" wide street tires on it, it has smoked the rear tires very easily with the engine that has been in it. So we should be ok.

Vids! Vids!

Cheers
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This LS3 vs LS7 survey is about us having a little fun as Troy decides.

It's Archies way of taking my mind off of my exploratory Heart surgery on Thursday. And no Curly I'm not changing my will....

I'm leaning towards an upgraded LS7 Archie. Call mark from S&P for the numbers at different levels of HP Archie.
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heart surgery???
I hope all goes well.....I'll send a prayer out for ya', if that's okay??

By the way, the car is lookin great!!! Can't wait to see the complete nose job on this thing!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Heart surgery???
I hope all goes well.....I'll send a prayer out for ya', if that's okay??

By the way, the car is lookin great!!! Can't wait to see the complete nose job on this thing!!

Thanks, just the Doc looking out for me, and as always all prayers are welcome.

It's not done but you get the idea. One more nose mod and then it's done, hopefuly by the end of the week.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This thing has long since ceased to be just a car,..it is officially a work of art.

I see now where u were going Troy.

Excellent Choice.

My prayers are with you as you go into surgery, but no worries as God always takes care of the good guys.

Best wishes.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the LS7. Later when you get bored put the SC on top or go to the LS9
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It kind of looks like a 911's front. Very good!

JG
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks darn good and modernise the front end. Bolt and apply days are over. Never add anthing thing to your cars w/o first tweaking it!

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Now that looks awesome.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this car has better lines then any other super car out there. I like this car better then any lamborghini. Great work!!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TiredGXP:

What kind of transmission are you planning to use that can deal with all that torque?

Actually i was thinking that he might need NASA make the axles ....

TiredGXP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiredGXPSend a Private Message to TiredGXPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Actually i was thinking that he might need NASA make the axles ....

That's funny. I was just curious, wondering if there was something else out that I hadn't seen used on other swaps.

Cheers
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

It kind of looks like a 911's front. Very good!

JG

http://dasti.wz.cz/gallery/...ompleteEvolution.jpg
That's what I was thinking when I first saw the pictures. Very Porsche-ish. Very nice look!

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 03-05-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nose job almost done

Now Time for a LS7 transplant
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW......I love that front bumper mod!!
This is turning out to be one of the best modded Fieros yet, eh Curly??? hahaha
You guys continue to amaze me.......I can't wait to get going on my project. I just need to get rid of my S10 taking up the Fiero's space in my garage!!
Keep inspiring!!!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

[This message has been edited by SAFASTRO (edited 03-05-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Ales

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's actually the reason we're undecided right now. Magnason doesn't have a MagnaCharger for the LS7 on the market yet.
It'll be about 6 weeks before it's supposed to come out & we aren't the 1st one in line for one.
Archie

FYI The LS9 (supercharged) engine its based on the LS3 instead of the LS7 because of strength concerns:

The new LS9 exceeds the LS7 in every area except one, displacement. The main reason for the drop in displacement was strength. GM's plan for the LS9 included a supercharger and they felt the 427 cubic-inch block wasn't strong enough to reliably hold up to the intended boost. Instead, a beefed up 6.2-liter LS3 block will be used. Starting in '09, all 6.2L blocks, including truck blocks, will feature this 20 percent increase in bulkhead strength. According to Tom Reed, of GM, "All the blocks benefited in '08 with a 20 percent increase because of the LS3 improvements. Therefore, since 2007 the bulkhead area strength has increased 40 percent.

http://www.popularhotroddin...arged_ls9/index.html

So it all comes down to what is that you want, if you want a boosted engine, I will follow GM's steps and I wouldn't go with a supercharged LS7, I would go with the LS3, and if you want a NA engine I would go with the LS7.

Have Fun !!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going with the Ls7 with a few improvements to take it upto 579 hp with emissions without a Super charger for now. IF you want to you can boost a LS7 safely but only with modest boost. Keep inmind that on a Ls7 modest boost is into the 600 hp range.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-05-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Archie I'm going in, feel free to post pics of the nose job while I'm in the hospital.
Archie pm sent
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

OK Archie I'm going in, feel free to post pics of the nose job while I'm in the hospital.
Archie pm sent

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Archie
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck TroyBoy.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got the phone with Troy and he's at home and doing okay.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

I love the badges, especially the detail and IMSA logo.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, fix all those imperfections in the fiberglass.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Great work Archie and crew, you created this new front-end just from a pic that I sent to you guys. I hope this will be the last change to this nose, I'm looking to keep it a one off, hint, hint . Call me before you mount the fog lights I'm still looking into other options.

Fog light placement Ideas and photoshops welcome.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see that you're up and posting again, Troy!

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Glad to see that you're up and posting again, Troy!

Thanks Doc John, short funny story : The Doctor at the hospital told me that he was going to have the nurse shave the "boys" for the angiogram, keep in mind that the nurse in am was fine so I was in a good mood . but when the time came I had to chase the "MALE" nurse and settle for nurse Helga SHE was friendly but .

Back on topic what do you guys think about changing the driving light to this

hella_micro_de_xenon_light_kit
they are smaller and more powerful than the PIAA's

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-08-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Hey, fix all those imperfections in the fiberglass.

Not to worry, this is just fiberglass, the paint guy will take care of it.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Back on topic what do you guys think about changing the driving light to this

hella_micro_de_xenon_light_kit
they are smaller and more powerful than the PIAA's

No, (haha) the lights we have fit perfectly in the new openings.

The top of the current lights fits the opening perfectly.

The bottom of the current lights fits the opening perfectly.

The outboard end of the current lights fits the opening perfectly.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-07-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like Barry White said, "Tweakness is my weakness," hehe. Geezs, Troy just think; you're car was "done" at Fierorama...not!
Double mouth; That double mouth wasn't gonna "fly."

After the the Dells:

And now before the 25th: aside from the fog lamp placement, Stick a fork in it Troy, it's done!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-07-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2008 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fog light placement Ideas and photoshops welcome.

Last night I had a few ideas.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-08-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for LS7 update.
Archie, Lisa wants a new wing added onto the house this spring, You better order that LS7 before we break ground .

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-15-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock