Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367634 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

looks like I may have to add a lcd monitor to the dash for the rear view. looks like the wing and the rear window are about the same height. This just gives me a reason to add another toy to the car. he he

IP: Logged
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

looks like I may have to add a lcd monitor to the dash for the rear view. looks like the wing and the rear window are about the same height. This just gives me a reason to add another toy to the car. he he

Actually you may want to do just that. You'll be surprised to find just how little you can see from the stock side view mirrors also, since the body work is now wider. I have 5" tall stock type wingstands and a stock wing on mine along with a rollbar in the middle of ther rear window. rear visability is really sketchy. it's the price we pay to look cool however, so I'm not complaining. how bout you? LOL

Russ

[This message has been edited by Russ544 (edited 01-31-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm.....

Rectangle Rear View Mirror Monitor with Radar and Camera

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Between the IMSA spoiler and Corbeau seats, I have a hard time seeing behind me in my IMSA.

Please don't skimp on wheels! They can make or break your car. Squeeze some 12"ers on the back and skin them with 335s.

------------------

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that monitor is cool!!! more info plz. Joe
Parde_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Parde_GTSend a Private Message to Parde_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome - I love it!!

Archie - one suggestion or rather request....when this is done can you post a picture (preferably from the back side) of the widebody chop next to a standard fastback? I would really like to see the visual because you sure have my interest.

Thanks.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Wow that monitor is cool!!! more info plz. Joe

I found alot of cool stuff on this site.
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Rear-view/p/2000000003844/3000000149681/sm/1001624534.htm&ref=bmk

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I have been out of it for awhile.

Everything looks very good.

You would think with those molds sitting right here I would have started a similat project over a year ago, but seeing as how I can't seem to even get the project I have started finished I guess I will just have to watch you build

Take care,
Anthony

------------------

Have you got your Auto-Art yet?

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy; thanks for the link. Cheers Beers n Gears Joe
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, any news on the part from S&P?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I agree. The perfect rim for the Perfect Union.

It's all good in my book.

PFF
System Bot
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scrabblegod:

What is that youare building in the background?

Gene

Looks like a lotus style deckled?

Is that a new Fiero Re Body?

Where can I get it?
Is it all fiberglass?
Is it a wide body?

Looks nice and clean....my 87
...they polly peaces have warped and look weird where they attach to the fiberglass upper body...

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Seanpaul:

Looks like a lotus style deckled?

Is that a new Fiero Re Body?

Where can I get it?
Is it all fiberglass?
Is it a wide body?

Looks nice and clean....my 87
...they polly peaces have warped and look weird where they attach to the fiberglass upper body...

The answers you seek lie here,......

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050746.html

Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ Thanks exoticse

I had to go back and actually READ the thread to see it was IMSA...lol...it was hard with all those nice pictures!

Do you have a link to the IMSA kit?
I like Norms work, but he doesn't offer a kit for the rear does he?

[This message has been edited by Seanpaul (edited 02-05-2006).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.fierowarehouse.com/
look under Fiberglass parts for the IMSA kit. Keep in mind that Archie has added many mods to the base kit. ex: front hood scoop, rear deck lid, chop, larger wheel wells,...... I have info on the other parts, if you need them just send me a pm.

Troy

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

^^^ Thanks exoticse

I had to go back and actually READ the thread to see it was IMSA...lol...it was hard with all those nice pictures!

I like Norms work, but he doesn't offer a kit for the rear does he?

Hehehe now i am confused,... were u talking about the troyboy's white IMSA on the left or the car in the background belonging to the Arch Rival ??

I assumed you were talking about the Arch Rival's car since you posted the picture referencing what was in the background ?

At any rate i think you got it figured out which one you wanted to know about hehehe ? I think ?

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was lovin' it until I started adding up the $$$$. Now I'm just gonna love yours from afar . it's gonna be a killer, troy .... WOW
v6fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for v6fieroSend a Private Message to v6fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

AMAZING!!!!!

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, where did you get that front hood scoop?

Thanks!
JG

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

I was lovin' it until I started adding up the $$$$. Now I'm just gonna love yours from afar . it's gonna be a killer, troy .... WOW

shhhhh..... My wife thinks it's in the shop for a tuneup and a few minor adjustments.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

Archie, where did you get that front hood scoop?

Thanks!
JG

http://www.drivenvisions.com/onlinecatalog.html

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if you've decided on a color, but someone is volunteering to do some Photoshopping:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057343.html

Don't worry, I'm sure this car will be well worth any time you need to spend sleeping on the sofa . If you need to get rid of it, I want first dibs .....

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

I don't know if you've decided on a color, but someone is volunteering to do some Photoshopping:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057343.html

Thanks for the info.

and now the photoshop by Custom2M4

great job Custom2M4

ok guys which color?
pearl orange or pearl yellow
pic of car with pearl orange

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
orange
aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in those photoshop pictures it reminds me of the 90 prototype. sexy. id go with the orange, you see yellow fieros all the time. but orange hardly ever and it is a nice orange too.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

god those brakes look small

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates Archie?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ok guys which color?
pearl orange or pearl yellow
pic of car with pearl orange

Both colors look excellent.....I'd purchase another Fiero.....just to make sure.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow - no matter which color you choose, the black 1/2 top with the dark windows really looks good. How come I'm perfectly satisfied with my car until I start looking at one of Archie's build threads .......
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Orange.

Ever seen Scion's "Hot Lava" orange? It almost glows, however its not a pearl.

My only concern with pearl paint is touch-up. I used to own a pearl white GT. Touching-up rock chips was impossible!

------------------
4 Indys, 1 is A/C delete
84 Black/Silver T-top custom
85 GT speedster project
86 GT Yellow
86 GT Gold

However......
"Time is the most precious and perishable of my possessions."

Buy IRM, again! at www.fierowarehouse.com

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 02-10-2006).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's a thought for you for the front end ( kingcustoms.com ):

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Both colors look excellent.....I'd purchase another Fiero.....just to make sure.

The next fiero is in my garage waiting for its turn for a trip to Archies in 2007

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Orange is hot !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-11-2006).]

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

That Orange is hot !

yea, for $176 a PINT, it outta be! I just inquired on it today, that's in PPG paint

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2006 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

yea, for $176 a PINT, it outta be! I just inquired on it today, that's in PPG paint

With this paint job it’s the application that’s the real killer. I can get a great deal on the paint in NY just 175.99 a pint.
I could get it cheaper if I went with non-PPG paint but PPG paint is what the factory used.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

That Orange is hot !

I agree, orange it is.
now time to start looking for a shop in NY that I can trust to do the paint job.

kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why not archie's shop he is doing everythign else... plus you KNOW it will come out good all of his stuff does
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats some exceptional work archie... i love it... agreed about the brakes though... need some massive ones stuffed in there lol.

------------------

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I agree, orange it is.
now time to start looking for a shop in NY that I can trust to do the paint job.

http://tuccihotrods.com/ Maybe?

Try to find Lenny Smith, I think he may be retired but I know his son is an excellent painter as well.
I would suggest my Dad, but his hand is currently disabled and the shop is a little messy.

Oh yeah, bump!

[This message has been edited by PontiacJ8 (edited 02-15-2006).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit of an update on the car.

The back end of the chassis had a bit of frame rust on it & the fuel inlet pipe had rust in it too.

So we set about fixing it before we final mounted the rear clip. These are the kinds of things that have to be fixed if you're gonna do things "right".

Some before pics......

It also looks like someone had the engine cradle out of the car before. Here you can see the "window" cut in the side of the frame rail so that they could get the right rear engine cradle bolt out.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock