Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367685 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin REAL good Archie!

Hey, you guys are gettin pretty good at this fiberglass stuff!

Was also very glad to see you (Arhcie) give credit where credit is due, i.e., when you mentioned in one of your other threads that none of this glass work would be being done the way it is without the guys you have working for you. Cudos to YOU for acknowledging that. Most folks think this stuff just comes "natural" and don't realize there are methods and procedures that have to be followed, or you don't get the results you wanted. No, it ain't "rocket science", but it takes work and know how to get it right.

Project is coming along very nicely, this one needs to show up in KitCar mag. or Hod Rod or one of those big mags with huge exposure!

Troy, will you be hitting the shows with this thing, or just enjoying it in your home town?

Keep up the great work!

HAGO!
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that means a lot coming from you.

Archie

Originally posted by Sage:

Lookin REAL good Archie!

Hey, you guys are gettin pretty good at this fiberglass stuff!

Was also very glad to see you (Arhcie) give credit where credit is due, i.e., when you mentioned in one of your other threads that none of this glass work would be being done the way it is without the guys you have working for you. Cudos to YOU for acknowledging that. Most folks think this stuff just comes "natural" and don't realize there are methods and procedures that have to be followed, or you don't get the results you wanted. No, it ain't "rocket science", but it takes work and know how to get it right.

Project is coming along very nicely, this one needs to show up in KitCar mag. or Hod Rod or one of those big mags with huge exposure!

Troy, will you be hitting the shows with this thing, or just enjoying it in your home town?

Keep up the great work!

HAGO!

lovethemPF

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must agree with Sage...this is, in my opinion, one of the best looking mod jobs on a fiero i have ever seen. There are so many out there that look stunning but this one truly looks like something backed by a big budget design team and factory support. It looks buttoned down, proportioned and modern. The glass work looks great and just the whole flow of the vehicle is something to admire. I think the entire Fiero enthusiast "family" would feel alot of pride if this car found its way to a big magazine for exposure. And especially you Troy, Archie and crew. If I sound like a dribbling freak...well, I am when it comes to these cars, both stock form and these great alterations throughout the country. Anyway, I know this is a technical thread so i'll stop blabbering.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looks good Archie!

agreed !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Well, there is still fiberglass hanging on it but I think it's lookin' good.
Archie

Looking good. If it was my car, I'd be pleased with these results and wouldn't tweek a thing.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AS of about 2 hours ago, Kris has the open ends of the wing & the winglets fiberglassed in....

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speechless......once again!!!

------------------

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks good Archie, I can see the finish line!!

Sage: Troy, will you be hitting the shows with this thing, or just enjoying it in your home town?
I hope to do a few shows this year.
formula400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula400Send a Private Message to formula400Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie could you look at my thred and help me out if you can
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/080238.html
Thank you so very much
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally an update from last week.

I wanted to get this posted up over the weekend but I have a new guy doing a major upgrade to my web site & I spent most of the weekend EMailing him info on the changes needed. I've still got tons of stuff to send him. It's going to take a week or two to complete it but I think the new web site is going to be great.

The major project was completing the installations of the wings on Curley's car & on the Perfect Union.

Here is the update on Troy's car.......

Sanding & filling to get the shape just right.....

It's beginning to take shape....

Now to get to some serious finishing on the decklid & new vents on the decklid.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We also have to do the fiberglassing & finishing to the underside of the decklid.....

More finishing filling & sanding around the vents. A lot of people don't realize just how much work it can be to install simple parts like vents & wings. But Kris does.

Check out our handy dandy radius sanding tool.....

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ducktail instead of whaletail....I like it.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a new guy doing a major upgrade to my web site & I spent most of the weekend EMailing him info on the changes needed. I've still got tons of stuff to send him. It's going to take a week or two to complete it but I think the new web site is going to be great.

That's great Archie. I tell alot of people about the products you offer and alot of the time they come back to me and say "I didn't see it on his website!"
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how about this:

Have you decided yet about the color ? This color looks not too far off for a comparison:

This is a gunmetal color with a hint of olive green, which adds to a 'chique/classy' appearance considering the comments I get. It is a Toyota mica color. I can pm you the code and 2 alternatives I had. It looks quite stealth until sunlight hits and it will sparkle
close up
side pic
Anyway, please take a careful look at your choice of paint, its a mod too and it has to work with the total package.
good luck
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

how about this:

Have you decided yet about the color ? This color looks not too far off for a comparison:

This is a gunmetal color with a hint of olive green, which adds to a 'chique/classy' appearance considering the comments I get. It is a Toyota mica color. I can pm you the code and 2 alternatives I had. It looks quite stealth until sunlight hits and it will sparkle
close up
side pic
Anyway, please take a careful look at your choice of paint, its a mod too and it has to work with the total package.
good luck

Please do send the info, I'm starting to lean more towards a "don't f**k with me" color scheme (aka Elenore) , rather than a "LOOK AT ME" color scheme. If someone could do a photochop from the front with the Elenore color scheme would be great.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you should make a mold and produce more of those rear decks. Damn, that's nice
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion here but the "Eleanor" paint is just a little too grey...a little to light. Looks great but a much darker gunmetal would look better. Instead of the olive mix to the paint I think a hint of bronze in a darker paint (dark graphite?) would be perfect and definately say "MOVE BEFORE I EAT YOU" The Bronze would kindof come out in the sun and give it a rich texture and the predominate graphite always looks mean.
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how's about Candy apple red with a blue metal flake, and some bright pink zebra stripes? J/K

I think your car would look nice in just about any ONE color. I am just not a fan of the bright colors on really muscular looking cars. Kinda like the Ving Rhames wearing a bright red suit. I mean he could pull it off, but ya just would be like....HUH?

Kinda dont like the gunmeteal either becasue it is getting played. Gunmetal now is what yellow used to be in the late 90's early 2000's.
Plus everybody is doing it, so that sux even more for your one of I kind car. It would be like the car's trying so hard to be different that you blend right in.

So, how's about a more basic/forgotten color? White, like someone said earlier would look very timeless and classy on your car. A deep red would look very modern and sleek, some sort of blue, and there is the YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG BLACK. These colors no matter what have lasted the test of time on hot rods, and I can see your car with any one of these colors in a few years and it will still look fresh and new.

But that's just my opinion. No matter what you pick your car will always be one of the "great ones".

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm now going to imagine Troy's Fiero living in MY garage.... "yep...there she is...and im sooo glad I went with TITANIUM BLACK !"
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of that color. you got an example?

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would go with nero metallico (ferrari color), or crystal galaxite black (SLR Mclaren color)
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MclarenF1:

I would go with nero metallico (ferrari color), or crystal galaxite black (SLR Mclaren color)

Wow that crystal galaxite black is sweet

Now only if the car came free when you buy the paint
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow that crystal galaxite black is sweet

Now only if the car came free when you buy the paint

No, but if you buy the car, you get a free Batman suit.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BLACK!!!
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Metallic gunmetal is not a bad color at all. It looks pretty bada$$ under dim light. I wish mine was a tad darker, that olive and gunmetal mix is beautiful. This pic was taken under extremely bright light.

ps- I know what your thinking,,, yes,,,it does fly lol

------------------

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 02-16-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Archie, you should make a mold and produce more of those rear decks. Damn, that's nice

I wouldn't really feel "right" about doing that.

The vent on the decklid is a part someone else makes. We had a lot of work to do on it to make it fit right but It's still an item someone else already makes. The wing is also produced by someone else & we had to modify it quite a bit to do what we wanted it to do. I know that we've modified both parts enough that they really aren't the same parts Troy originally bought but I still wouldn't feel right about making a decklid that is based off of parts we didn't originate.

On this IMSA kit We've completely modified almost every fiberglass part that we got with the kit. We totally modified the nose, hood, front fenders, rear fenders, roof line "B" pillars & rear bumper but I still wouldn't feel good about making an Archie Version of that kit either.

It would be great if Sage & Dave would build a car with the wheel well modifications & rear bumper mods like we have & then take molds off of it but that would be pretty expensive& time consuming & would slow down their production of parts they now are selling to pay the bills.

So, for quite some time I think this car will be a "one of a kind".

If you look at this car closely, you'll see that the only parts that are unmodified Fiero parts are the windshield wipers, Windshield, Mirrors, outside door handles, side marker lights, steering column & heater controls. So there's not much left to do to this car.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-16-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you look at this car closely, you'll see that the only parts that are unmodified Fiero parts are the windshield wipers, Windshield, Mirrors, outside door handles, side marker lights, steering column & heater controls. So there's not much left to do to this car.

Archie

Is that a challenge? If you want I can think up a few more mods.... just joking, put down the gas can Archie.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that a challenge? If you want I can think up a few more mods.... just joking, put down the gas can Archie.

Forget the gas can. But I told Rob & Kris that if you paint it black I'm gonna drive it into a tree.

Black cars just do not photograph well & you hardly ever see Black cars featured in Magazines because it's hard to get good pics of them.

Besides, I'll have 500 "T" shirts to throw away.

Archie
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I sent you a PM
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you want I can think up a few more mods....

What. Did somebody call my name?

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did somebody say more ideas? how about some grill mesh in those louvers...

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about some pictures of what this wing decklid area looks like all put together.

For all of those going to the Daytona show, we're happy to announce that we plan to bring this car to Daytona to display it there for the 1st time.

Sorry, it won't have the final paint job & the interior will still need finishing but we plan to give the Daytona people a chance to see it. We will have it primed all one color.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-19-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love to see a NY plate on a chopped widebody. can't wait to see it painted and in person.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to be all for the whale tail spoiler, but I can admit that this is looking even cleaner... I like it.

------------------

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that lip spoiler is perfect! I love seeing this thing come together.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
this wing has become my favorite now. Looks it works nice with the rear, flows nice with the sides, may match the front lip too.
It may need some matching at the tips with the rear...and for the sides you could extrude em

Even better ! Nice work.
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the Ducktail it reminds me of the CRX and I like them too
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car truely looks amazing. This car in my opinion will probably be the best looking custom Fiero on the road when it is finished. Well done!

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 02-21-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jack_ink:

I like the Ducktail it reminds me of the CRX and I like them too

The Camero bow tie wing is greatly over-looked until now! For those who roll w/o a stock wing...IMO this is the better/stylish way to go. Good work Sage and Archie and the Crew for installing it.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem with seeing this car in white is that I see it as a blank canvas for mods:.....

It does not have to stay chrome, it can be painted to match the car or painted black.

and

They would become functional with future engine mods

Photo shop anyone?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock