Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 3080 (367711 views)
Last post by: troyboy on 10-29-2016 12:55 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Troyboy, did you get your IMSA kit from Fierowarehouse.com?? If so, does the side molding come in the ribbed shape or can you get the smooth shape?

edit: And anothe page owned by the roddy!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 01-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Hi all,

Troyboy, did you get your IMSA kit from Fierowarehouse.com?? If so, does the side molding come in the ribbed shape or can you get the smooth shape?

edit: And anothe page owned by the roddy!

yes, the kit is from Fierowarehouse. The side molding only comes ribbed. It would be hard to change due to the fact that the molding is part of the front finders.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ribbed trim is also a part of the IMSA body kit across the back below the tail lights.

It sounds kinda strange when you think why would someone design ribbed trim for a Gt based body kit.

You have to remember that when Jim Sutter originally made the molds for the fastback version of the Fiero he already had the IMSA notchback version finished & on the market. Then remember that the Fastback version had been announced for '86-1/2 but were not in production yet. Jim had no way to know that GM was going to be putting round trim on the production cars.

Jim always was ahead of the game & that's what happens when you're the 1st one to do something. Sometimes you're just slightly wrong, that's the cost of being an industry leader.

Another lession on some of the little know facts of Fiero history from an old Knuckle Dragger.

Archie

BTW Troy, the wing came in.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-20-2007).]

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you are using the calipers in the picture? If so I thought those were dual piston front and single piston rear. I didnt know there were four piston calipers, escept for the ones on the rear of the new z06. And that one has six piston fronts. Anyhow, can you get some pictures of your kit when it comes in?

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/167457/1

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

you are using the calipers in the picture? If so I thought those were dual piston front and single piston rear. I didnt know there were four piston calipers, escept for the ones on the rear of the new z06. And that one has six piston fronts. Anyhow, can you get some pictures of your kit when it comes in?

I'm not sure on the number of pistons on the brake set up, but we are using the front calipers and rotors from the C5 Z06 Corvette on the front and rear of the car. The only sacrifice with using the front calipers in the rear is you have to use a separate e-brake set up. But you gain larger rotors and calipers in the rear. Over kill yes, but it will fill the 20's nicely.
gascarracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gascarracerSend a Private Message to gascarracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, "old Knuckle Dragger" can't beleve you would say that. We would never say that about you.

------------------
Ernie

1988 Silver GT
One owner 47000 miles.
Soon to be a 3.4 DOHC powered.

XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see them. Yoiu know that is what i am looking for. If the 13 inch setup fills the wheels out for you, then I may ditch what I was contemplating and go this route.

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XzotikGT:

I wanna see them. Yoiu know that is what i am looking for. If the 13 inch setup fills the wheels out for you, then I may ditch what I was contemplating and go this route.

Curly has them on his #15.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie you better watch it or you are going to get a reputation as a pretty good customizer ! hehehe.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:The only sacrifice with using the front calipers in the rear is you have to use a separate e-brake set up.

There are seperate e-brake kits made to fit calipers that were originally intended for the front? Do tell! I'm using the front suspension from a Nissan Pulsar on the rear of my Fiero and won't have an e-brake unless I can find one of these kits you speak of or unless I can find a suitable rear disk setup from another Nissan. Help and thanks! :-)

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:

There are seperate e-brake kits made to fit calipers that were originally intended for the front? Do tell! I'm using the front suspension from a Nissan Pulsar on the rear of my Fiero and won't have an e-brake unless I can find one of these kits you speak of or unless I can find a suitable rear disk setup from another Nissan. Help and thanks! :-)

It's not a kit but Kevin at D1S will make it for the fiero. If your looking for a 13' brake kit with separate e-brake caliper try this:
http://heldmotorsports.com/Fiero/KitCarBrakes.htm
I think the e-brake is made by willwood

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 01-21-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

this wing has become my favorite now. Looks it works nice with the rear, flows nice with the sides, may match the front lip too.

It may need some matching at the tips with the rear...and for the sides you could extrude em

sort of a multipiece mini whale tale

Thanks Fie Ro, now for Archie and crew to bring it to life,
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump as I play with paint ideas for you Troy.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 01-30-2007).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a car that definately stands out from the crowd, but Im not so sure if the paint has to be. Maybe it's just from me seeing this car 5 days a week, but white seems to go nicely with it. A deep, pearl white of course...

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 01-30-2007).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
I must agree. Troys car does not need fancy paint to look cool.
It would look very awesome White.
On Top Gear they say White is the new cool car color:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feflTA_VRbA

Looks great on the Lotus Exige S and would look great on the Perfect Union

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 01-31-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

WoooHooo, I like that.

I wish I could do that Photoshop stuff.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow a lot of great ideas!!

how about this:

on this:

I still like the stripe idea
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Wow a lot of great ideas!!

how about this:

I still like the stripe idea

Quicker to do it with the template I already had made. Might need to tweek it, could be darker. That's all I have time for tonight.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quicker to do it with the template I already had made. Might need to tweek it, could be darker. That's all I have time for tonight.

Thanks this could be a option looks more aggressive and less "look at me"
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like this one too. Hey Troy, with that "look at me" bodywork now you are now afraid of a "look at me" paint?? Go for it!
DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to comment on the car and paint.

1st., (Fourpoints9) I think that you really have some good creative talent. I like both the white over orange and black over silver designs. In fact, I love the Black over Silver one the best with the orange stripes.

The customized car body work looks great, a head turner. Nice work for all. Archie the cars get better looking all the time.

But I don’t think that these paint and body work goes together. The paint accentuates the wedge look of the Fiero with straight lines. Kind of like a flying wedge shape. But the new body works breaks with the stock look with new curves and shapes. So I think that while the paint schemes are nice that ones that would accentuates these new shapes and curve would be better. Just my opinion

Everyone keep up the good work. PFF and Fiero people are real creative.

[This message has been edited by DandRauto (edited 01-31-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few updates.

As many know we are working on a new decklid for the Perfect Union. We decided to build a new decklid rather than reworking the old one. Troy obtained a new louvered section to cover the engine area like we had done on the other decklid. You may recall the first one we installed was real thin & we had to do a bunch of glass work to thicken it up & get the warps out. He got this one from another supplier & it was plenty thick but it was warped quite a bit.

We tried heat & "C" clamps to try to straighten it out but the glass was just too thick & it had "memory" so we had to thin the fiberglass in certain areas to get it to fles enough to conform to the decklid. After we get it to lay flat & get it glassed in we'll build up the areas where we ground & sanded it thinner.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here we are glassing the vent in & fitting the wing & glassing it in.

Here we have it on the car & are beginning to work on the wing ends because the wing has to be made wider for this body & the ends have to blemd down into the existinf body lines.........

More later

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-04-2007).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Archie, the lines are flowing nicely.
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone...new member and first post from a long time Fiero lover. I think im just as addicted to these threads as i am the car! I love this forum. Now, I'd like to make a couple comments. Earlier in the thread there was some debate about ride height of this IMSA. I thought about it for awhile and realized these pictures probably do little justice for the car. Most of the pics are of the car by itself for the most part and i believe if someone were standing right next to it in one of those"down to the ground" pics you might notice the body begins at about the guys Nike Swoosh. Also, does anyone here ever slam their face to the pavement sideways to look at a car? This Fiero is BEAUTIFUL! I'm officially jealous. By the way...has anyone ever swapped a japanese motor into their Fiero?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lovethemPF:

Hello everyone...new member and first post from a long time Fiero lover. By the way...has anyone ever swapped a japanese motor into their Fiero?

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello everyone...new member and first post from a long time Fiero lover. I think im just as addicted to these threads as i am the car! I love this forum. Now, I'd like to make a couple comments. Earlier in the thread there was some debate about ride height of this IMSA. I thought about it for awhile and realized these pictures probably do little justice for the car. Most of the pics are of the car by itself for the most part and i believe if someone were standing right next to it in one of those"down to the ground" pics you might notice the body begins at about the guys Nike Swoosh. Also, does anyone here ever slam their face to the pavement sideways to look at a car? This Fiero is BEAUTIFUL! I'm officially jealous. By the way...has anyone ever swapped a japanese motor into their Fiero?

Thank you and welcome to the forum.
PFF
System Bot
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, i am a newbie...but no doubt the coolest newbie this side of........my keyboard.
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lovethemPF

15 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Hey Troyboy, thanks for the welcome...I was wondering how your wheel setup handles. Are there any benefits/disadvantages to a more "traditional" footprint?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Troyboy, thanks for the welcome...I was wondering how your wheel setup handles. Are there any benefits/disadvantages to a more "traditional" footprint?

Good question, I'll let you know when I get her home.
lovethemPF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lovethemPFSend a Private Message to lovethemPFEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey troyboy...if your as of yet undecided on a color for your Fiero I have a suggestion. GUN METAL. Like any choice it has to be done correctly but man...in my opinion its one of the best choices for a car that looks fast standing still. Im sure there are variations and shades that all fit within the realm of gun metal but my ideal is very near to black but almost a ghosty bronze hue to it...capped off with clear. Have a good one.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey troyboy...if your as of yet undecided on a color for your Fiero I have a suggestion. GUN METAL. Like any choice it has to be done correctly but man...in my opinion its one of the best choices for a car that looks fast standing still. Im sure there are variations and shades that all fit within the realm of gun metal but my ideal is very near to black but almost a ghosty bronze hue to it...capped off with clear. Have a good one.

That is one of the colors that I had in-mind with black ghost stripes. If you have a pic of a car with the Gun metal variation or shade your talking about, please post it. I always welcome help, and ideas from fellow PFF members.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
error

pay no never mind

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 02-04-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there is still fiberglass hanging on it but I think it's lookin' good.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Archie!
XzotikGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XzotikGTClick Here to visit XzotikGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to XzotikGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I am sick!!! That has to be the best spoiler EVER on a Fiero.

------------------
1987 GT 3.4 DOHC turboed
Updated page 11/3/06

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 78 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock