Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by swisscheese:

are they important?

I would think that they are very important on the ECE (European standard) 90 mm modules that use H7 bulbs ... especially when the Fiero headlights are in the down position. You don't water getting into your expensive high-performance headlights! Look at the pictures posted here by Fiero1Fan, which are without the rubber seals in place, and you can see there is essentially no protection against water entering the modules from the rear:

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Conversely, on the DOT/SAE (North American standard) 90 mm modules the seal is an integral part of the H9 bulb assembly itself, so an external seal is not required.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-08-2007).]

IP: Logged
swisscheese

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Look at the pictures posted here by Fiero1Fan, which are without the rubber seals in place, and you can see there is essentially no protection against water entering the modules from the rear:

Yep, I think you are right!
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes the seals are important to retard water damage. I just took the pix without the caps to see the connections better.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Got a phone call from the Galvanizers this evening the buckets are ready!!!!!!!
I'll pick them up tomorrow. Then post more pix!!
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post
No time for posting pics. you should send them finally.....
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I have them!! I PROMISE!!
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
WOW
I can hardly wait to see the galvanized buckets!!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
^^ Nice bucket!! ^^ Is that what you're planning on using?

Should be able to use a 20" Aircraft landing light in that. REAL bright!!!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-08-2007).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
paypal sent!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro payment received!

Joe I got your payment too.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Well I picked up the buckets from the Galvanic today. Look great!!

Here they are packed and ready for shipment.

I must apologize because I didn't make it to the Post Office today. My wife had a knee operation today (it was suppose to be tomorrow but they bumped us up on the list) and I spent most of the morning with her in the Hospital. Those who have paid will be shipped out Monday Morning.
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I am ready to send payment... it is 208.00 US dollars for the buckets, correct? How much for the buckets and harness?

Let me know and I will make the payment tonight.

Cheers!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Payment received.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Are these the correct lights?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes they are the correct ones. Nice find.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Are these the correct lights?

They are BUT you can save some money buying them directly from their website.
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp
The lights are $59 each so two would be $118 (they come with the H9 bulb and adjusters) then it's only $13 for the connectors
making the total $131 where thru Ebay they are at $141 a pair.

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

They are BUT you can save some money buying them directly from their website.

Exactly right! They are the same product from the same company.

www.rallylights.com, dave.susquehanna on eBay, and Susquehanna Motor Sports are all the same vendor. The higher price on eBay probably reflects the eBay listing fee. This is a well established, technically competent, ethical, and customer friendly American vendor selling top-quality merchandise. Not cheap, but fair. What more could you ask?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-10-2007).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

www.rallylights.com, dave.susquehanna on eBay, and Susquehanna Motor Sports are the same vendor. The higher price on eBay probably reflects the eBay listing fee. This is a well established, highly competent, ethical, and customer friendly American vendor selling top-quality merchandise. What more could you ask?

Yes I would recommend them as well. Great fast service.

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

www.rallylights.com, dave.susquehanna on eBay, and Susquehanna Motor Sports are all the same vendor. The higher price on eBay probably reflects the eBay listing fee. This is a well established, technically competent, ethical, and customer friendly American vendor selling top-quality merchandise. Not cheap, but fair. What more could you ask?

Thanks for the info. I did see that the ebay vendor was the same as Susquehanna Motor Sports (SMS). The ebay auction has a link to his website in it. I was wondering why the higher prices, and you probably nailed it. I surfed the net for a while looking for the same lights at a cheaper price and it seems SMS has the best price. I only wish there was someone local that sold them.

I can hardly wait to get the buckets!

PFF
System Bot
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I was wondering why the higher prices [on eBay], and you probably nailed it.

What always puzzles me is the eBay merchants who also have a separate web site, but the "buy it now" prices on eBay are 15% less than the prices for the same merchandise on their own web site. This strikes me as an insult to those vendors' "regular" customers, and I usually consider such price discrepancies to be a red flag concerning their business practices.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-10-2007).]

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
PM sent......Paypal sent.....I can hardly wait.....nicer looking headlights......along with my conversion to a gen II set- up....SWEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
PM and Payment received. PM returned.
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Timo,

A quetion, do I also need to get the Mounting Plate # HL97300 ??

Thanks
Joe
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
NO. Just make sure you have the screws. Mounting plate NOT needed.
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
To late I bought them already..
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Joe. I answered as fast as I could.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The guy in the Post Office is going to faint when I walk in with all those packages on Monday!
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post
This will be the first time that he has some work...
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
If he does his job well I might have a birthday present...wednesday
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2007 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
B-Day in NL? Sounds cool. Where is my invitation?
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post
Timo, don't forget to "adjust" the value of the parts, so custom fees won't be to high!
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Are they shipped yet?.....Are they shipped yet?.....Are they shipped yet?.....Are they shipped yet?.....Are they shipped yet?.....
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Well the man at the post office did a big double take when I walked in but he took all of them.
So now I can officially say "They are in the Mail!!"
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

If he does his job well I might have a birthday present...wednesday

The Postman said it could take up to 5 days to get to you. Sorry about the LATE B-Day present.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
For the buckets going to Canada and the US the delivery time is between 3 to 4 weeks.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
In the meantime, anyone who is considering converting the Hella 90 mm low beam modules from halogen to HID might want to look at the information I posted in this thread.

I have come to the conclusion that retrofitting halogen headlights to HID is generally a bad idea. Not only is it illegal anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and Europe, but the resulting headlight beams are not nearly as well controlled as with the original halogen bulbs. The Hella 90 mm halogen modules are already excellent as it is ... probably far superior to anything else legally available for retrofit to the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-12-2007).]

Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
I have two set of Hella high beams one with regular H9 halogen and one set with Hella HID high beams (NOT cheap over the counter)...but legal over here. The module is the same just another fitting on the rear of the housing. I've tested both high beam lamps with a battery outside my garage and the HID is WAAY better than the halogen.
So just for fun I bought an eBay HID H7 6000K conversion kit for $89 and mounted it in the halogen housing and the result was just about the same as the expensive Hella HID.
I've read that thread but my testing shows otherwise... maybe the H7 are different... and I'm converting high beams.

[This message has been edited by Intel (edited 02-12-2007).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:
B-Day in NL? Sounds cool. Where is my invitation?

If you bring the parts it will be faster than mail ! Youre invited lol

Why do I have to pay for my present ?

btw, I think someone else asked before but I may have missed an answer : is it possible to get a setup (dual hella/euro) so that they BOTH light up (driving lights) and one having the extra higbeam bulb?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock