Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 38)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

I think I'm still on the list, if not, could I join in? Any idea on what the price is going to be?

You are on the list.
IP: Logged
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
bTuTmTp
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Update...

The chamfering and coating has not been done yet, but the jig is built so we can CNC the holes. and then send off to be coated.

Here we go... One set painted up for "Show and Tell" at the local Fiero Club meeting.

seadog

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seadogSend a Private Message to seadogDirect Link to This Post
Timo, still taking preorders? if so please add me to the list

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seadog:

Timo, still taking preorders? if so please add me to the list

You're on it.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I am expecting an update today.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Sick.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Huzzah!
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

I am expecting an update today.

No huzzah?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

No huzzah?

Huzzah...

They are still being machined.. Going slow, as we have to test fit a set of buckets on my car with the adjuster clips to make sure our chamfer/groove is cut right. I just have not had enough down time here to take the car apart for the fitting.
Soon though.
PFF
System Bot
dedgar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dedgarSend a Private Message to dedgarDirect Link to This Post
bump in the hope of new news

[This message has been edited by dedgar (edited 10-10-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The machining is finished and has been test fitted to insure fit. Plans are to get them galvanized next week.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-11-2009).]

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Huzzah!

Theres my huzzah Time for me to get my front mount battery box in and swap over my Gen II motors...
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2009 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
keeping it up there and bookmarking it.........

Ryan
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

keeping it up there and bookmarking it.........

Ryan

I tried that once, it hurt.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:

I tried that once, it hurt.

OMFG... LMAO

Update. Buckets are caught up with machining. Scheduling time at a coater.
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
AHH Can't wait!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroJonney:

AHH Can't wait!!

Oh, your harness was delayed for shipping, along with a few others. Discovered a glitch in the Tier 3 on the last two I made, so I tore the others apart to resolve. My own screwup.
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
So close, so exciting!

Might have to hold off on upgrading some of my interior with this kind of news.
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Oh, your harness was delayed for shipping, along with a few others. Discovered a glitch in the Tier 3 on the last two I made, so I tore the others apart to resolve. My own screwup.

so do you have some harnesses? i thought i was on the list for a tier three harness???
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:
so do you have some harnesses? i thought i was on the list for a tier three harness???

I generally build on demand, but I have several parts of them assembled in advance.. The power connection at the front harness, the H4 tier2/tier3 connections/wires...

I then pull those assemblies, and combine all. The Tier 3s I have assembled were shorting... Not in a bad way like catch fire way, but only because I did not give enough clearance between the two wires where I heatshrinked them... What they would do is power on the low beams and the high beams at all times... Regardless of the high beam switch.
I believe you are in the list.
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post

Ah okay, np. Thanks for letting me know
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

I believe you are in the list.

ok...good deal...just didn't want to get passed by w/o knowing... can't wait for the buckets and harness
QUIKRIDE86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QUIKRIDE86Send a Private Message to QUIKRIDE86Direct Link to This Post
How do I get on 'the list' for a pair of these headlight brackets? Steve
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by QUIKRIDE86:

How do I get on 'the list' for a pair of these headlight brackets? Steve

You're on it now...

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
Put me on the list too.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

Put me on the list too.

OK.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top...

Update: I have good news, and not so good news.....

The good news is, the buckets are scheduled to go to the coater.
The not so good news, the shop that they are at burned to the ground last night....
Only kidding. I have installed the very first set in my Fiero. These are the initial "Jig and weld" set that we used as a mock up for the rest. The ones I snapped photos of in one of my last posts all painted up.. We did notice a minor issue that can be corrected with minimal effort. The laser cuts on the bolt holes were so close to tolerance, the shoulder bolts would not press in without a LOT of effort. So, all of the buckets are being popped onto the drill press and having those holes enlarged by a small fraction. This won't interfere with getting them to coating.

I broke several of my adjuster clips moving my lights over to the new buckets, but the ones that did not break clip right in, and even allow adjustments a lot easier than the old bucket design. The old design pinched the clip and adjuster screw tight enough that turning the screw could be difficult. The new one has no play, but the clips spin freely. It is a lot smoother, and adjusting is a snap.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Images of the adjuster clip mounts...

Freshly milled, before cleanup. I took these a few weeks ago...

Cleaned up, two shots...

Painted up, ready for installation..

FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
Ooooooooo can't wait!
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
TTT.. No updates.
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
this is like a bad nightmare
not done yet.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Nope. The nightmare has ended. I have a decision to make with Timo's help... Once we have made this decision, the buckets will be off for coating.
The test samples came back from being hot dip galvanizing. The original buckets were spray galvanized. The hot dip puts a layer of zinc over the entire bucket. The entire bucket is well coated with zinc. This results in a surface texture that is fairly smooth, but has it's blemishes. Little bumps, some thick spots, and some rough areas. It is a great coating, and will be cheaper than the next option, but does not give an OE grade finish without some work on your part.

This finish is nickel chrome. It is a plating process that provides a hard nickel plating with a second layer of chromium over the top.
This is a more expensive finish, adds approximately 15 bucks to the final cost per set, but also provides a very smooth, corrosion resistant surface. This would be the optimal coating, and could be installed without paint for those who like their shine...

Spray galvanizing, identical to the first run of buckets is very close in price to the nickel chrome plating. The hot dip is much cheaper than both, but again, does not provide a smooth finish that won't require work by the end user...

We will not be able to offer choices on coatings.. It will be one or the other.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-11-2009).]

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I don't really have a preference as long as there is corrosion resistance. I plan on rattle canning mine black anyway.
FieroJonney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
awesome!! corrosion resistant surface is very important to me as well.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Nickel Chrome it is. Final guesstimate puts cost of buckets at 195 plus shipping.

If we had done a larger run of 100 sets, we could have dropped that to 170. Didn't have the funds...

Not final, just the last guess I will make before we set the price in stone.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 11-11-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
We are going with the nickel coating. A higher quality finish.

Won't be long now...

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
The buckets have been delivered to the coating shop.

Pre-orders can begin. I believe Timo was going to post a new thread for the Gen2 buckets.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Pre-orders can begin. I believe Timo was going to post a new thread for the Gen2 buckets.

Working on it now.......
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock