Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

P.M. Sent.

PM answered.
IP: Logged
swisscheese

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I HAVE MY SET IN MY HANDS !

Damn, I'm sure my buckets are at the customs. These guys don't know how to work!

Ok, I don't have the time to do anything on the car this weekend...
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by swisscheese:
Damn, I'm sure my buckets are at the customs.

Switzerland still not part of the EU ?!
For once I am happy not to fill out all the forms and pay all the taxes and fees when ordering from the US . Wish it was that easy all the time. But you'll be happy when you get them

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
I'm still interested, as I WILL have low profile dual headlights, but I'm not ready to pay right now.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

I'm still interested, as I WILL have low profile dual headlights, but I'm not ready to pay right now.

That is OK. I'm ordering another 30 sets after I get the rectangular buckets finished.
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Timo,

Paypal payment sent - you have a PM.

Thanks!

Rob D.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 02-16-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Payment received and PM returned. Shipping will be on Monday.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Here is the list that I have up to this point.

Kristian V Shipped
Paulv Shipped
Intel Shipped
Randye Shipped
MaxQ Shipped
Bmwguru Shipped
Swisscheese Shipped
Oreif Shipped
Dennis Shipped
Fieroboy20 Shipped
Sharkman Shipped
DrCPU Shipped
Sourmug Shipped
Fie Ro Shipped
Team Race-Tech (x3) Shipped
topcat Shipped
Rjblaze Shipped
lildevil Shipped
Carbonfiber_kid Shipped
tc7130 Shipped
PURPLE REIGN Shipped
Whadeduck Shipped
Chester Shipped
Marvin McInnis Shipped
Leeloo88 Shipped

TorqueWench confirmed
Timgray confirmed
Fiero STS confirmed
FieroWannaBe confirmed
HIOSILVER! confirmed
tjuren_80 confirmed
Flyguyeddy confirmed for later
Unsafe at any Speed confirmed for later

Fierov8
GregZ
R Runner
Jason G. Campbell
FieroMaster88
Shadowguy
88White3.4GT
AutoTech
Srat110
Vladd
Rodney
PaulJK
Cornersonrails
Tom Lesuik
Htexans1
PontiacJ8
Low_key
Kohburn
Angel_Valentino

Have I missed anyone?

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-26-2007).]

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the dumb question, but are we notified somehow by U.S. Customs that our shipment is in? How does this work? I never had to deal with something like this before.
Thanks
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes customs will want to get their share so they will be contacting you if they have any questions. That is why I asked for telephone numbers for the packing lists.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Today I testfitted the buckets on my 'GTR'

A few things I am considering: it may be a good idea to glue a U profile plastic strip over the top of the front piece of the bucket to keep it from scraping the headlight door..
with the buckets up you can see (the mess/emptyness) under them, but I think it is possible to reuse the original headlight lip and mount it under the bucket.

So far they look and fit nice, thinking of painting them black
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Dude, your battery's going to go dead if you leave your headlights on.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Switzerland still not part of the EU ?!

No thanks, with all the burocracy in Brüssel, I love to wait a day longer to get mine...

btw. the bickets even look bad ass on your car without the lights!

[This message has been edited by swisscheese (edited 02-17-2007).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:
Dude, your battery's going to go dead if you leave your headlights on.

Lol, and youre close ; actually the battery was dead but I put the recharger on before getting them up...turning these knobs manually take ages hehe.

Yeah I may leave them without lights and use them as extra cooling ducts, its cheaper too
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Today I test-fitted the buckets on my 'GTR'

I think it is possible to reuse the original headlight lip and mount it under the bucket.

Man the looks so goooooooood!!!

The original lower lips are suppose to be reused. Look at the bottom plate and you'll see 2 pre-drilled holes. Those are there for the lower lip to be mounted.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Now about that upper lip being a bit sharp. I must apologize to everyone!!! I was planning on adding Corner Guard to go along with the buckets to protect the lids from that top corner. I totally forgot all about it before shipping. The stuff can be purchased at any custom car or bike shop for about a buck a foot. Here in Germany it is named "Corner Guard".
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Now about that upper lip being a bit sharp. I must apologize to everyone!!! I was planning on adding Corner Guard to go along with the buckets to protect the lids from that top corner. I totally forgot all about it before shipping. The stuff can be purchased at any custom car or bike shop for about a buck a foot. Here in Germany it is named "Corner Guard".

Timo, is this the same thing as what some folks call "door edge guard"?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes the exact same stuff.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Timo -

I know you've been busy, but did you ever get a chance to test mount the low beam modules outboard of the high beams? From the pictures you have posted, it looks like there could be a small clearance issue at the top of the low beam modules when they are mounted outboard, as required by U.S. regulations. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-17-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes I did test mount them. They fit just fine. No worries.
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Here in Germany it is named "Corner Guard".

So I just have to decide between black, gold or chrome finish of these guards

(I allways see some BMW with these chrome or gold ones... )
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post

Had too rechape them a bit here and there but thats OK.
Used a rubber seal too avoid damage too the headlight lid.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I still have 3 of these looking for a home. Plus I still have 7 sets of the blanks.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-18-2007).]

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I definitely want a set, am waiting on tax returns. Will you be making any more or just this one batch?

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

I definitely want a set, am waiting on tax returns. Will you be making any more or just this one batch?

I'll be making another batch of 30 of the twin rounds as soon as I get the rectangulars finished.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tDirect Link to This Post
Those look really nice.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks....
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Got my set this morning! They look great! Sent them to my powdercoater right away... he said it wouldn't be any problems, they're doing galvanized stuff all the time, they just have to dip them in something else before the powder goes on.

The only thing I noticed is that if you want the hella high beam module with the parking light option then you will have to notch the lower plate about 10 mm because the connector sticks right down from the module. But that's no biggie. Fixed it in the milling machine.

Here's the white parking light connector. Sorry for the bad pic... cell phone.

Always nice doing business with you!

[This message has been edited by Intel (edited 02-19-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
That was one option I didn't take in to account. I use the park-light/blinker combination (that the Swedes have already) and didn't even think about the other. Glad you like them anyway. I hope the powder coat holds. Elektrathon says it will start to come off after awhile. My powder coater here in Germany said the same thing.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Well I believe Swisscheese is the only one on this side of the great puddle that hasn't received his yet. Should be no more than 2 more weeks until the first ones start landing in the US.

I shipped out the next 6 sets today for the others that had paid. I still have 3 sets of the twin rounds here looking for a good home and 7 sets of the blanks.
Intel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
The powdercoater did my westfield chassis that was zink galvanized (dipped) and that paint didn't chip in the 4 years I had the car and the last time I saw it it looked fine.
He said they have a whole range of baths and different techniques to make the powder stay. They are a high volume fully automated company that coats tons of metal a day. They even galvanize, chrome, hottank and anodize.
We'll see how they turn out...

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Intel:
The only thing I noticed is that if you want the hella high beam module with the parking light option then you will have to notch the lower plate about 10 mm because the connector sticks right down from the module. But that's no biggie. Fixed it in the milling machine.

Here's the white parking light connector. Sorry for the bad pic... cell phone.

Can you show a picture of what you did to the bucket ? I am considering the same setup, if that means you have 4x driving lights and 2x high beam from the combined units... Maybe the 'parkinglight' lights up different compared to the seperate driving light...but I would love to light up all 4 without using high beams...
Can you also post the Hella part # you are using ? (maybe you did already but this thread is getting long
thanks
Roderick

Intel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
I'm running 2x Hella High beam 1KO 008 191-00 (mine are h7 HID converted) with parking lights and 2x Hella driving lights with h7 Halogen

I only have a rough sketch that I made before milling them down and they're beeing powdered right now.
I made a notch for both modules because I can't decide what goes where... High Beam on the outside or on the inside.. have to check what's legal over here.
I used a 45 mm diameter milling tool that I worked in 20 mm... but you can do this with an angle grinder and just file the edges smooth.

swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Well I believe Swisscheese is the only one on this side of the great puddle that hasn't received his yet.

Hey, just because we aren't in the EU, doesn't mean we are out of the world...

I received them today, just hadn't the time to post. Now I'm just unsure what to do with them: paint or powdercoat or something else!?

But they look good, thanks Timo!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, thats useful info.

Originally posted by Intel:
I'm running 2x Hella High beam 1KO 008 191-00 (mine are h7 HID converted) with parking lights and 2x Hella driving lights with h7 Halogen

Is that part # with the h7 HID conversion or did you mod it afterwards ?

Intel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post

Thank you, thats useful info.

Is that part # with the h7 HID conversion or did you mod it afterwards ?

That's without the conversion (plain halogen).... I got the hella HID's later on.....

FieroTheCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTheCatSend a Private Message to FieroTheCatDirect Link to This Post

I'll be making another batch of 30 of the twin rounds as soon as I get the rectangulars finished.

These look great!!! What's the $$damage$$ for the twin rounds with harness?

-felix
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Twin Rounds $208 US shipped. Harness is better to make yourself or contact Oreif here on PFF. You don't want to know what the harness would cost here in Germany.

I still have 3 sets.
Payment per PayPal to fiero1fan@fieros.eu
or
Bank to Bank transfer. If you want to do the transfer then let me know and I'll send you the bank codes.

F1F
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Just keep me in mind when you want your mounts.........................or I'll just paypal you when you request
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
For those who are interested, I have posted two simple headlight relay circuits on page 2 of topcat's Hella 90mm Group Buy thread. These circuits use a relay (rather than a diode) to keep the low beams illuminated even when the high beams are selected.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-20-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock