Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 30)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Those 5 packages are shipped
IP: Logged
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Wait, you mailed mine to my house in Houston? Oh well, I won't have time for them until at least after Thanksgiving.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Only address I had.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Here is the list of those who paid and have been shipped:

FieroEV 1 set Paid
QckSilver 1 set Paid
Nilknarf 1 set Paid
Macs86GT 1 set Paid
carperviper 1 set Paid & Sent
Jrgicehc 1 set Paid & Sent
Jarhead 2m4 1 set Paid & Sent
chane 1 set Paid & Sent
LookingforAFiero 1 set Paid & Sent
Trinton 1 set Paid & Sent
daniel87fierogt 1 set Paid & Sent
Pallerino 1 set Paid & Sent

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 11-25-2008).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Only address I had.

It's cool. I didn't really have much use for it until the headlights come in.
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
hey stu,
Just curious about how you shipped these buckets out, I assume you sent them out usps. Thanks Daniel
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
USPS insured and trackable
carpetviper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carpetviperClick Here to visit carpetviper's HomePageSend a Private Message to carpetviperDirect Link to This Post
Got 'em yesterday. Time to open it up. =D
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Still have some round bucket for sale ?

If so what is shipping fee to Canada G7J 4P6 ?
------------------
""I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration pictures
VirtualShowCar
4.9 ongoing project

[This message has been edited by falcon_ca (edited 11-23-2008).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Still have some. Stu will have to check on the shipping to CAN.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Please check for shipping of 2 sets to Canada G7J 4P6.

Thanks

------------------
""I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Restoration pictures
VirtualShowCar
4.9 ongoing project

PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Headlights received! Thanks again guys.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Headlights received! Thanks again guys.

You're very welcome.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Please check for shipping of 2 sets to Canada G7J 4P6.

Thanks

PM sent.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
It's really sad that the HID's won't fit.

So there really is no way to make the low beams fit? (or altering the bucket design for them to fit?)
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
I think mine came, I'l find out when I go home for thanksgiving.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

It's really sad that the HID's won't fit.

So there really is no way to make the low beams fit? (or altering the bucket design for them to fit?)

Have you even tried the 90mm halogens? They put out plenty of light as it is. Or are you more interested in the HID bling than in good lighting?

As I've already said, the short-term workaround for the 90mm HIDs is to modify your headlight doors ... so yes, there is a way.
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
Hi, are there some still available?

If so, what is the price? (i looked through the thread, but I'd rather get an update on the pricing as of now)

thanks!

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Have you even tried the 90mm halogens? They put out plenty of light as it is. Or are you more interested in the HID bling than in good lighting?

As I've already said, the short-term workaround for the 90mm HIDs is to modify your headlight doors ... so yes, there is a way.

Halogen projectors are great. I agree.

I've been spoiled by many factory HID lights, and they are even better (at least until LED headlights become widely available) than projectors. I absolutely love the bright light, and love the razor sharp cutoff. (projectors have a neat cutoff as well, just not as clean, or with the blue line)
HID's (factory spec ones, not the "kits") are also much better at lighting up the road much farther ahead. (helps spot the occasional cop hiding on the side of the road at night. ) I've noticed that in HID equipped cars I don't even bother with the high beams (which are usually regular halogens) as they're not as effective as HID's.

At the same time, I think HID's would be the ultimate upgrade to bring the Fiero to the late 20th/early 21th century. (until Timo makes a LED kit. ^_^ )

What exactly needs to be modified in the headlight doors? (would the HID's work if I give up on retracting the lights?

___
Notice, there are ECE (European spec) and DOT (U.S. spec) HID's, as well as homogenized ones. (best of both worlds.) Overly simplified: ECE spec have a much more narrow beam that projects straight with no stray lighting. (which blinds oncoming vehicles somewhat. This is because there is a law in Europe that says "All roadsigns must be lit up, or reflective, to be easily seen at night.) DOT spec HID's have a bit of stray lighting to illuminate the sides of the road. This is done to help illuminate older signs that arent coated with reflective elements, or aren't lit up. It provides some glare to oncoming drivers, although not that much. (especially when compared to Flea-bay "kits", which aren't DOT, or ECE legal)

I love Timo's buckets because they allow for mounting of the few ECE and/or DOT legal projector headlight conversions for the Fiero.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justinchristie:

Hi, are there some still available?

If so, what is the price? (i looked through the thread, but I'd rather get an update on the pricing as of now)

thanks!

Yes there are still some available.
Price is 120€ for the buckets to fiero1fan@fieros.eu
and $75 shipping to stuart@diy-fiero.com .
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
According to my records the following people still need to pay DIY_Stu for shipping:

FieroEV
QckSilver

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 12-12-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Timo,
I paid Stu the 75 dollars for the shipping last Tuesday. Thanks Daniel
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Timo,
I paid Stu the 75 dollars for the shipping last Tuesday. Thanks Daniel

OK, Thanks.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
i already talked to stu, I've run into a few family issues of the medical variety and can't send the cash till the end of the week.
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
F1F and Stu, check your PM's. I just sent payment to both of you. Thanks!

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justinchristie:

F1F and Stu, check your PM's. I just sent payment to both of you. Thanks!

PM answered.

I now have 10 sets left for sale.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

i already talked to stu.

OK, no problem.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Macs like I said before TAKE YOUR TIME. I can hold them for as long as needed. I completely understand financial issues. And don't worry about F1F I can take care of him even if he can be pushy at times ;-P
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Macs like I said before TAKE YOUR TIME. I can hold them for as long as needed. I completely understand financial issues. And don't worry about F1F I can take care of him even if he can be pushy at times ;-P

OK Stu, no more Christmas for you...telling stories like that!! Don't forget I know where you live and I know when you're being naughty or nice..... plus I out weight you by over a 100 lbs.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I was just letting f1f know, i should have the 75.00 sent by the end of the week or early next week.
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
mine came, opened the box today when I got home. thanks for the reliable shipping, its nice to have a set in my hands after the issues me and Timo had with german post.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

its nice to have a set in my hands after the issues me and Timo had with german post.

FINALLY!!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
bump
Nilknarf

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post
Timo,

Are mine on the way????????
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nilknarf:

Timo,

Are mine on the way????????

This Monday!! I have already made the arrangements with the shipping company. Don't worry they are also insured.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top.

I still have 10 sets for sale.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 11-30-2008).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Sent payment for shipping Stu.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
I received my buckets on Saturday, and everything seems to be in perfect order!

Thanks guys!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I received my buckets on Saturday, and everything seems to be in perfect order!

Thanks guys!

You're welcome.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who want to make the wiring harness yourselves here is the link to Oriefs thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/095436.html

I still have 10 sets for sale. (hint, hint)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock