Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 11)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Uh stupid question but how can mine be shipped if I ordered the rectangular and there is no posted info on them being done?
IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Uh stupid question but how can mine be shipped if I ordered the rectangular and there is no posted info on them being done?

Oops! PM sent......
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Just keep me in mind when you want your mounts.........................or I'll just paypal you when you request

Mounts are what I need as soon as I know what I need.
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Got my frames today..... thanks Timo, only one problem I paid through my A$$ on customs.... you put a high value on these parts... why....

Joe
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
If they get lost (and the German post looses a lot of things) then I can only claim the price listed on the receipt. How much did you pay?
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
I paid another $85.00....
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I shipped f355 bumpers to Canada and they only paid like $28. That doesn't make sense.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Team Race-Tech:

Got my frames today..... thanks Timo, only one problem I paid through my A$$ on customs.... you put a high value on these parts... why....

Joe

Cool! They made it to North America... maybe mine will be here in the next week or so. I hope to get them before I leave for vacation in two weeks.

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Joe

I'm wondering about the tariff on mine as well, but I looked it up in the USCBP website database, and as best I can tell the duties should be approx. 2.5% or less, if they even charge duty on them. One section of the list says FREE, and another says 2.5% , so it depends on what sort of goods classification U.S. Customs designates them. We shall see, but at 2.5% thats only a little over $6 USD ...unless I totally misread the tariff database......
Sounds like Canada loves to hose you guys down pretty bad on duties.

Randy
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I have now sold the last of the first 30 sets. I'm ordering another 30 sets so no need to worry.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I have run into a problem with the rectangular buckets. I can't find H4 lights that will fit.
Here is what I need:
Type: H4
Height: 95mm maximum (3½")
Width: 210mm maximum (8½")
with a mounting system to attach them to the buckets similar to what Hella uses for the 90mm round H9's.

Here is my offer to whom ever can help me find what I need.
50% off any bucket type you want and I'll pay the shipping.

Anyone willing to help please go here.

F1F

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-22-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Motorhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorheadSend a Private Message to MotorheadDirect Link to This Post
My kid didn't hit me up for money this week so I'm ready to get in on the next thirty sets of round buckets.
I'll be a PIA and ask you to post your Paypal account and price list again.
Personal computer time, home and work, is short and I looked back a few pages and didn't see it.
I'm an impatient SOB anyway.
Thanks
Mike
Team Race-Tech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I got my lights today and they look cool. One problem how on earth do you install those dam adjustment screws ?????? any help would be great.

Joe
speed1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis posted a link to SMS's page on installation http://www.rallylights.com/...o/90mm_adjusters.htm
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post

Okay, I got my lights today and they look cool. One problem how on earth do you install those dam adjustment screws ?????? any help would be great.

Joe

To install the adjusters put them into the light housing from the back (ball-part pointing forward) and rotate the plastic part (with three small arms) until the tab on the back is pointing towards the housing where it locks into the groove. It's VERY difficult to twist it without a special tool designed for this purpose. Needle nose pliers might brake the tabs or damage the thread.

I made a crude tool that looks something like the one on this drawing.

The small plastic cages are put into the small holes in the bucket from the inside. Then the ball part of the adjusters are pushed into the installed plastic cages and locks, it's very tough to get them in, I had to use vice grips.

[This message has been edited by Intel (edited 02-23-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Motorhead:

My kid didn't hit me up for money this week so I'm ready to get in on the next thirty sets of round buckets.
I'll be a PIA and ask you to post your Paypal account and price list again.
Personal computer time, home and work, is short and I looked back a few pages and didn't see it.
I'm an impatient SOB anyway.
Thanks
Mike

OK you impatient SOB. Here you are.....

PayPal: fiero1fan@fieros.eu
Price $208 shipped

Now that should satisfy your desires.... . I know I feel better now.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-23-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Joe

I used a pair of needle nose pliers and CAREFULLY turned them until the tab slips into the notch.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the post in your General thread...

Hey Timo!

I picket up the buckets today! Cost me an extra $50 Canabucks to get them ($10 duty $40 in taxes)! As an up front business your quoting the sale value - so I guess that's fair. You'd save us a ton of money if you just put down what they cost you - just in case they go amiss. Food for thought anyway.

Way Cool!

Can you send me the instructions? Or do you have them on a site somewhere?

I'm painting them a chameleon Purple to Gold - same as my F-I-E-R-O badges (base with clear)..

Dave

One last edit - I ordered the headlights from the US retailer - on the same day I paypaled you the cash. Your faster than US post - so that's gotta count for something!
------------------

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-23-2007).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Holy smokes.... I hope the customs fees in the U.S. are not as much!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
$40 taxes on a $155 item = 27% taxes? That is wild!!
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Holy smokes.... I hope the customs fees in the U.S. are not as much!

I tried looking up the buckets in the USCBP database which gives the duty fees for each classification of goods.
Near as I can tell these would be "Fabricated Metal Automotive Parts" or "Automotive, Electrical Accessories".
The U.S. Customs folks decide......
On the first classification there is no duty, on the second classification they state 2.5% of stated value.
Bear in mind I'm no expert at reading this stuff, so I could be WAY off. Just my best guess.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Can you send me the instructions? Or do you have them on a site somewhere?

Do you need the bucket instructions, the lamp installation info or the wiring harness instructions?

Timo

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by randye:
"Fabricated Metal Automotive Parts"
On the first classification there is no duty.

That is what I'll put on the next shipping invoices. See if that helps on the duties! That won't stop the taxes though.... .

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-23-2007).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

That is what I'll put on the next shipping invoices. See if that helps on the duties! That won't stop the taxes though.... .

NOTHING stops taxes
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13867 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Wait and see what the U.S. Customs forms determine them as in these first shipments, then we can look up a plausible alternate description for the invoices that carries no duty or much lower duty.
speed1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speed1Send a Private Message to speed1Direct Link to This Post
Customs and overseas shipping have always been a mystery to me. I have limited experience with buying from other countries. I had one very bad experiences where I had to pay a small customs duty, 2 cents but got hit with a $72 brokerage fee. I am waiting to see what total fees will be charged for the US members.
Motorhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorheadSend a Private Message to MotorheadDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent Timo.
Thanks,
Mike

That's from anders5m.

[This message has been edited by Motorhead (edited 02-24-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Motorhead:

Payment sent Timo.
Thanks,
Mike

That's from anders5m.

I take it the payment is for a set of twin round buckets in the next set? I don't have any more to send out right now but will have in about 2 weeks.
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I was incredibly busy and forgot that I did not send my Payment and missed on the first 30.. Let me know when the next set is ready to ship and I'll paypal you the $208.00

also can I get mine NOT galvanized? I'll be powdercoating mine.

thanks a bunch.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
No problem. I'll set s set aside before they go to the Galvanizers for you. PM sent.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 02-25-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
For those interested, I just ordered the second set of 30 twin round headlight buckets. Should have them finished within the next 2 weeks.
A couple of people have asked if they could make prepayments for the buckets and yes you can. I will list here those who have prepaid for buckets out of the 2nd set.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Listing for 2nd set of Twin Round Headlights:

Paid
Motorhead
Timgray

Confirmed
TorqueWench
Fiero STS
FieroWannaBe
HIOSILVER! (Rectangular)
tjuren_80
Angel_Valentino
ccFiero350
blue87
Flyguyeddy for later
Unsafe at any Speed for later

Expressed Interest
Fierov8
GregZ
R Runner
Jason G. Campbell
FieroMaster88
Shadowguy
88White3.4GT
AutoTech
Srat110
Vladd
Rodney
PaulJK
Cornersonrails
Tom Lesuik
Htexans1
PontiacJ8
Low_key
Kohburn

Is there anyone I missed or corrections that need to be made?

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 03-06-2007).]

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
LOL Im on the round set list again? Rec-tang-gu-lar please. LOL. I thought I was in on the first rectangular set? Did we ever find a light that fit those? Im paid up too remember?
Rich

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 02-26-2007).]

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
i am still in, and we are allotting monies aside for when a set is available next.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Small correction: I've already paid, and to the best of my knowledge you shipped mine out about a week ago ... one of the last of the first batch. Please let me know if this is not the case.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Small correction: I've already paid, and to the best of my knowledge you shipped mine out about a week ago ... one of the last of the first batch. Please let me know if this is not the case.

It is the case. I just copied and pasted the prior list without looking through it. Sorry Marvin.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
My lights and connectors from SMS arrived today !!
The buckets can't be far behind now, (I hope)
Need to stop at Radio Shack tomorrow to get some proper gage and colors of wire.

Randy
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Should be there PDQ!! Some people have already received theirs.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Sorry Marvin.

No apology necessary. Accurate record keeping is the bane ... and often the downfall ... of many entrepeneurs. If I learned to do it, anyone can.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 02-27-2007).]

Motorhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2007 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorheadSend a Private Message to MotorheadDirect Link to This Post
"I take it the payment is for a set of twin round buckets in the next set? I don't have any more to send out right now but will have in about 2 weeks."

Sorry, was out of town this past week end.
You are correct, payment was for next set of round buckets.
Thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock