Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 37)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down for a set.

Thanks,

Vince

------------------
Hop Till You Drop!!
www.worldwidefieros.com
86 GT.. Lambo Doors, ZZ4 FI 350, 5sp, Laser Blue
87 GT.. 2.8, Auto.. Planning a LS4 Conversion
88 Formula.. Stock, White... Wife Ride
85 Gt Black, 2.8, 4sp
99 K2500 Suburban, 454, 4X4
04 Trailblazer, Green, Wife Ride

IP: Logged
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Please add me for one set.

Thanks!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis can you tell me the distance between the screw holes diagonally I ask because I found these in a scrap yard off a Mitsubishi Spyder and wondering if they would fit in your buckets.

My projectors have a 100mm (4 in) center to center (screw hole diagonally). The diameters of the lense casings are 75mm (2.5 in) High-beams, 85mm (3.25in) Low-beams and are 180mm long ( 7 1/4 in) including the xenon bulb. I would buy a set of your buckets untreated or painted please if these projectors fit. Thanks for your time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 08-27-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Synthesis can you tell me the distance between the screw holes diagonally I ask because I found these in a scrap yard off a Mitsubishi Spyder and wondering if they would fit in your buckets.

My projectors have a 100mm (4 in) center to center (screw hole diagonally). The diameters of the lense casings are 75mm (2.5 in) High-beams, 85mm (3.25in) Low-beams and are 180mm long ( 7 1/4 in) including the xenon bulb. I would buy a set of your buckets untreated or painted please if these projectors fit. Thanks for your time.

Hi Danyel,

The diagonal distance between the mounting holes is 4.596 inches. Your lamps will not fit in our buckets. The Horizontal and vertical distance is 3.25 inches. The diameter of the light opening is 3.760 inches (100mm) so your screw holes will be directly on the edge of the opening.

The buckets are designed to accept the 90mm Hella lamps that have a maximum depth of 5.8 inches. The 7.25 inches of the Mitsubishi low-beams will not fit due to the lamps setting so far out the front of the bucket that the lights would hit the front edge of the hood opening .
------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 08-28-2009).]

eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
So for a recap, and to keep it later in the thread, How much does it cost just for the buckets? How much does it cost for the buckets with lights? and how much for the buckets lights and wiring, or is all of that even offered?

Chris
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Does the goof by the metal shop and them making another batch at there expence mean the price will go down a bit or that there will just be twice as many avalable?

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 08-28-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eph_kay:

So for a recap, and to keep it later in the thread, How much does it cost just for the buckets? How much does it cost for the buckets with lights? and how much for the buckets lights and wiring, or is all of that even offered?

Chris

The pricing on the buckets is yet to be determined... BUT, we are expecting it to be around 170 or so.. This is NOT set in stone, and is determinate on the final cost of the protective coating.

The lights themselves are still available at a cost of around 62 a piece. A total of four will be needed. Two low beams and two high beams.
The wire harnesses are pretty standard at a cost of 100-125 for the full relay harness, and 65 for the Tier 1 direct plug which uses the original wiring.

No, a full kit is not available as the cost of buying the lights and stocking them is prohibitive for an individual such as myself or Timo. They can be purchased separately through a number of vendors.

If you would rather wait for a full "kit", then things could be arranged so that you place an order through one person, Timo or myself, we order the lights, when they get in, we then box EVERYTHING and ship it for a small additional fee. Of course, that would entail a longer time between ordering and shipping.

Yes, a kit would really simplify things for the end-user, but it is logistically difficult only because of the cost of the lights themselves.

I have received several PMs for the buckets to be put on the list. I will forward that information to Timo. Stay tuned for more updates, and thank you for the wonderful words on the buckets and their appearance.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
how are these lights different from Xerxes setup?
Where do the differences lie?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

how are these lights different from Xerxes setup?
Where do the differences lie?

These buckets are the original design. Xerxes' setup has not materialized. His drawings and blueprints are the only known rendition of what his buckets look like.
From information given to both me and Fiero1Fan by a very reliable source, there is some concern that Xerxes' buckets may be "loose" copies of Fiero1Fan's bucket design. Xerxes' himself has admitted this himself by saying "My design is loosely based off of Fiero1Fan's buckets."
I am not trying to badmouth Xerxes, but to even say that his design is based on another design is pretty close to a "not good" situation.

No, F1F did not have the original idea for these buckets, but he DID get permission and approval from the originator to pursue a feasible copy of the very first set.
F1F also spent the time and money and effort to make sure that the design fit the Fiero and fit well.

So, that is the long answer. The short answer is: These are the original design, they are a tangible product that has been on the market for some time and this design change improves an already spectacular product."

If you are referring to the lights themselves, they are Hella 90 MM lihat can be purchased from anywhere, including Xerxes. The lamps each come with 3 adjusters, adjuster clips, and one bulb.
I am speaking with PTC factory outlet and Yellow and Blue lighting to see if I can arrange a bulk price on lamps for the forum. These would be straight from Hella.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 08-28-2009).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
If you are referring to the lights themselves, they are Hella 90 MM lihat can be purchased from anywhere, including Xerxes. The lamps each come with 3 adjusters, adjuster clips, and one bulb.
I am speaking with PTC factory outlet and Yellow and Blue lighting to see if I can arrange a bulk price on lamps for the forum. These would be straight from Hella.

That would be great.
So this design solved the problem of "scraping" on the headlight doors?
Can these be made in Aluminum?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Fiero1Fan -- Thanks for the reply and spec ...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2009 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Fiero1Fan -- Thanks for the reply and spec ...

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top... I have updated photos of the buckets. Everything came in yesterday and looks great. With the long three day weekend here, progress won't really get going until next week.

Will post photos as soon as I get some time.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Any thoughts on when you'll start shipping? A couple weeks?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Sweet! Any thoughts on when you'll start shipping? A couple weeks?

Still not sure. But yeah, that is a good guess.

Photo updates:

Buckets are in the shop now, both sides.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Please be sure to check out the Group Buy thread for the headlamps!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/048540.html
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I'm good on the lamps, just waiting on the buckets and the harnesses now. Hey, that means its all up to you!
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
Updates? I know it's the wrong kind of weekend to expect much but inquiring minds need to get into your head!

Oh yeah, you can definitely put me down for a set---just awaiting the final price.

-zigaroo
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

Oh yeah, you can definitely put me down for a set---just awaiting the final price.

-zigaroo

You're on the list.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyDirect Link to This Post
There is a list?! Put me down for a set! Buckets are the last part I need.
hehe Thanks

Jon

------------------
4 Speed Black 86 GT

MiJunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiJunkSend a Private Message to MiJunkDirect Link to This Post
Can I get on "the list" and who does the payment goto when the price is finalized.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
FieroJonney and MiJunk, you've both been added to the list. Payments will be going through Synthesis.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 09-07-2009).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
-

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 09-07-2009).]

Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Oh, if I'm not "on the list" already, can it be made so?
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
put me on the list please
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the list for one set please.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Nilknarf and cancerkazoo your both already on the list for a set.
Do you want a second set?
JPD88FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPD88FieroGTSend a Private Message to JPD88FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Could you put me down for a set as well?

Jordan
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPD88FieroGT:

Could you put me down for a set as well?

Jordan

OK, you're on the list.
JPD88FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPD88FieroGTSend a Private Message to JPD88FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!!
Nilknarf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NilknarfSend a Private Message to NilknarfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Nilknarf and cancerkazoo your both already on the list for a set.
Do you want a second set?

One set is all I need, just wanted to make sure I am on the list.
PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Just 1 set for me also. I didn't see a confirmation earlier, so I wasn't sure.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
When are we to be expecting these again?
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I asked him about a week ago and he was thinkging a couple weeks so we're getting close
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
am i on the list?? if not, may I? :-)
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

am i on the list?? if not, may I? :-)

Sure you can and now you are!!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Yup... Soon Soon! No ETA yet, but some welding left to do, then off to be coated. Then able to ship.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Alright...well, whenever that is I'll take a set.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm still on the list, if not, could I join in? Any idea on what the price is going to be?
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

I think I'm still on the list, if not, could I join in? Any idea on what the price is going to be?

Last I heard, the price point was going to be about $170, give or take a few $$. IIRC, the last batch of buckets shipped from Germany were about $100 more so this is definitely a good thing that this batch is being made state-side to save shipping costs.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock