Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 35)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Is the price expected to change at all with them being produced in the states?

The price has not been set in stone yet, but to answer: Yes, we do expect the price to be reduced.

Bear in mind, the original buckets were manufactured in Germany, and then shipped to the states, with import duties and fees assessed.

This was a SUBSTANTIAL cost on top of each set of buckets.

The new buckets are in production, have some minor design tweaks that will improve the quality even more than what the existing are already, and should be around the same price as before, with a huge reduction in the shipping overhead, thus bringing the price down. (Does that make sense?)

Edit: Let me qualify the above: I do not set the price. The final price has yet to be determined based on the total cost of having them produced in the US.

The total price INCLUDING shipping to your door SHOULD be lower than before. I make no guarantees on this, as the product is not mine to price.
I am simply assisting Timo with production in the US.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 06-09-2009).]

IP: Logged
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Okay.. Fair enough.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Once the improvements are made, please post before&after pics. I'm curious to see the differences. I've seen the "before" design and it's stellar.

Has anybody figured out yet how much space needs to be notched on the vehicle to fit HID Xenon's yet? Fiero1Fan, said they won't fit due to length, and that can't be changed with the design of his buckets.

I'm still hoping against hope, that some design tweaks will allow them to fit. (modifying the connector on the bulbs, modifying the shape of the bucket, modifying the car slightly for clearance)
Wasn't it somebody's winter project to test out possibilities?

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Once the improvements are made, please post before&after pics. I'm curious to see the differences. I've seen the "before" design and it's stellar.

Has anybody figured out yet how much space needs to be notched on the vehicle to fit HID Xenon's yet? Fiero1Fan, said they won't fit due to length, and that can't be changed with the design of his buckets.

I'm still hoping against hope, that some design tweaks will allow them to fit. (modifying the connector on the bulbs, modifying the shape of the bucket, modifying the car slightly for clearance)
Wasn't it somebody's winter project to test out possibilities?

There are ways to get them to fit, but those are for the more "adventurous" of people.

Currently though, the entire goal of these buckets, the Hella headlamps and the harnesses that I make and sell is to simplify the upgrade to make it a 100% bolt on mod for the car.

To add HIDs would require modding the vehicle itself to clearance the housings and lamps, or modding the lamps or housings. This does not follow the original goal of a bolt on install. This is the reason that Fiero1Fan has shot down discussion of HIDs in this particular topic.

HID modules are designed to provide a smooth consistent beam pattern over a wide area. This is why HID housings tend to be longer, is to allow the increased amount of light more "room to move" before projecting out onto the road. Add to this the fact that HID lamps are extremely high voltage, so the lamp connectors are very different, adding even more depth.

The last part of why this will not work is DOT headlamp requirements in the US. Low beams MUST be mounted on the outside to comply with DOT requirements for legal headlamps. The Hella lamps are DOT approved, when installed in a DOT approved configuration.
Low beam HIDs COULD feasibly be mounted on the inside lamp mounting, and mounted so that more of the lamp stuck forward of the bucket, but this would not be legal, and your vehicle would fail inspection or receive a ticket if an office chose to cite you for it.
carlschulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carlschulzSend a Private Message to carlschulzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

PM returned.

carlschulz and GTCONVERSION your both on the list.

sweet
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
any update on when the new buckets will be ready?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

any update on when the new buckets will be ready?

Sometime soon.

Hopefully within the next 30 days. Drawings are at the cutter.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
Sometime soon.

Hopefully within the next 30 days. Drawings are at the cutter.

are they CNC, or Laser cut?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

are they CNC, or Laser cut?

Laser cut.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
So the answer would be BOTH CNC and Laser cut. due to the CNC LASER cutter. CNC is the control. Cutter is the laser.
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
bump for update!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DougC:

bump for update!

Nothing new yet but we are working on it.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

MiJunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiJunkSend a Private Message to MiJunkDirect Link to This Post
A bump and any updates.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I should have pics of the Mark II around the end of next week.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump ...........Updates?
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello. I'm new to this..or late to the party as it may be but am also interested in this conversion and would like any additional/new info.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Big Bump...

Sorry for the delay. There was a minor breakdown in communications with the cutter, and they pushed the job out. Drawings are at the cutter, and they are working on them.

The "Go Ahead" has been given to get them produced. Getting them under the laser is the hardest part at this point.

Thank you all for your patience, especially you Timo... Things are in progress. New buckets SOOOOOON!
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
hey synthesis...i sent you a pm to ask if i was on the list for a set...i'de really like to get a set of these and wanted to know if i was not on the list, how i need to go about getting on....i'm ready to pay whenever...if you could just let me know somehting, i would greatly appreciate it
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

hey synthesis...i sent you a pm to ask if i was on the list for a set...i'de really like to get a set of these and wanted to know if i was not on the list, how i need to go about getting on....i'm ready to pay whenever...if you could just let me know somehting, i would greatly appreciate it

Hey Labbe, sorry I missed your PM.

Fiero1Fan is the person you want to speak to about the buckets.

I handle the headlamp harnesses. I am currently very backlogged on harnesses, and need to get moving on them again. I have been very busy at work and in the evenings, and have slacked on them.

Once I am caught up on the harnesses, I can start looking at making more of them.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
labbe001 you are on the list. Just waiting for the first set to come out. Will be very soon.

------------------
Fiero1Fan

Fieros Europe

MiJunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiJunkSend a Private Message to MiJunkDirect Link to This Post
I'm really interested in seeing the revised buckets, when will you be posting pictures? It's the one thing about Fiero I don't like is the headlights, or should I said lack of. And not to mention there cool looking. Also what's the price plus shipping to Canada?

Thanks,
Andy
PFF
System Bot
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraDirect Link to This Post
Please make sure I'm on the list too. I though
Synthesis was going to do them, but guess that's
a ways off yet?
Chavo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChavoSend a Private Message to ChavoDirect Link to This Post
I have a question.How much is 120€ on US dollar ??
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Nakamura:

Please make sure I'm on the list too. I though
Synthesis was going to do them, but guess that's
a ways off yet?

No. The product is Fiero1Fan's product. I am just the stateside monkey getting them made here. Since 90% of them are sold in the US, it makes sense to manufacture them here.

They are being manufactured about 5 miles from my house. Just waiting on the laser cutter.
Chavo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChavoSend a Private Message to ChavoDirect Link to This Post
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

No. The product is Fiero1Fan's product. I am just the stateside monkey getting them made here. Since 90% of them are sold in the US, it makes sense to manufacture them here.

They are being manufactured about 5 miles from my house. Just waiting on the laser cutter.

i guess i'm a little confused...if it's fiero1fan's product but you are getting them made here in the states, who would the people purchasing them in the US make a payment to? also, would they be any cheaper being made closer to home?

[This message has been edited by labbe001 (edited 07-09-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

i guess i'm a little confused...if it's fiero1fan's product but you are getting them made here in the states, who would the people purchasing them in the US make a payment to? also, would they be any cheaper being made closer to home?

Fiero1Fan is "outsourcing" the product to a local manufacturer. AKA They are being produced in the US by a company here in Minnesota.

ALL payments would go directly to Fiero1Fan. He will then tell me to ship the buckets to whoever pays for them. It is the same thing that he did with DIY_Stu.
Fiero1Fan shipped buckets from Germany to Stu, who then drop shipped them out as people ordered. Because the cost to import them from Germany was so high, that is what led to the very high shipping costs on the first run.

They should be cheaper, yes. Once we get them finished and boxed, we will know how much exactly. You won't be paying the 70+ dollars for shipping that was being charged before though.
MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
I'm anxious to hear about the price difference. I've been wanting to piece together a set of these forever
labbe001

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
hey synthesis, do you have a picture of the harness you are talking about or maybe a thread where you built one...is there some special function of the harness or does it just allow you to plug everything straight in? also, how much is the harness? Thanks
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
My harness info can be found here...

While I am picking back up, after running very slow, there is still a turnaround time on the harnesses.

They allow you to plug everything in without cutting any wires. They just require that you run a harness across the front of the vehicle and plug it in.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046495.html

dedgar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dedgarSend a Private Message to dedgarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chavo:

As of today 120 Euro's convert to $169.54 USD.

PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get my name on the "list" too, please and thank you.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
These are currently bound up at the cutter right now.

Bigger job came in, this got pushed back. We are yelling at them though.
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
If you ordered extra, I'd be interested in a set
dedgar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dedgarSend a Private Message to dedgarDirect Link to This Post
Depending on price I'm interested also.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to point out that if anyone needs a quad style harness, and needs it fast, I can get them. My lighting supplier has 3-4 of them on hand at all times now that the first one has been made. I also have the ability to get buckets made, as well as supply the 90mm lights if anyone is interested. All you have to do is send me a PM.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I think that is a bit of a low blow, stepping into someone else's thread and advertising your wares.

Stick to your own thread when it comes to these buckets. We all know that "loosely based" means "copied". Have a reliable source that can vouch for that meaning.

As for harnesses. I am caught up, and have complete high grade harnesses ready to ship this week.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

I think that is a bit of a low blow, stepping into someone else's thread and advertising your wares.

Stick to your own thread when it comes to these buckets. We all know that "loosely based" means "copied". Have a reliable source that can vouch for that meaning.

As for harnesses. I am caught up, and have complete high grade harnesses ready to ship this week.

Yea, well..Sue me. All I did was offer. Its up to the buyer to make the decision where they want to buy from. Not like I said for them to place their orders with me through this thread...So I really don't see the issue here...

Consider this matter closed. I've said my piece enough times. And finally I will say it one last time. I DID NOT COPY FIERO1FAN's BUCKETS! MINE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES I SAW OF HIS!

You're one to talk about copying ideas Synthesis, but I digress...

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 07-27-2009).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Yea, well..Sue me. All I did was offer. Its up to the buyer to make the decision where they want to buy from. Not like I said for them to place their orders with me through this thread...So I really don't see the issue here...

Consider this matter closed. I've said my piece enough times. And finally I will say it one last time. I DID NOT COPY FIERO1FAN's BUCKETS! MINE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! You're one to talk about copying ideas Synthesis, but I digress...

Let's take this to PM. I am very genuinely curious about your allegations of me "copying" anything.

Yes, it is up to the buyer to make the decision. They can choose to go with a well established source for the product they are looking for, or they can opt to buy into an unproven "group buy" from someone who won't even post photos of a mockup of their "design".

I have opted to NOT post in YOUR thread about buckets, so that I could honestly take the high moral road. When you advertise your "products" in someone else's "buy from me" thread, that is very poor business sense and shows a lack of morals.

Sell your **** in your own thread. Post photos to prove us all wrong. You will have my sincerest apologies once you post a photo of your own original design that does not show ANY design similarities to Fiero1Fan's design.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
YAY! The cutter is finally moving on these! Only had to threaten to take all of the business elsewhere.
No ETA yet, but I do know soon. Trying to get the plates under the laser by Friday.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock