Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 21)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Alright, I'm ready to get a set of the rounds. I will be sending paypal in the next day or so.
IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.
Qcksilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QcksilverClick Here to visit Qcksilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to QcksilverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Yes I do.

Fiero1Fan you can put me down for definitely interested but I'll have to buy later. I'm busy looking to buy a house right now so I gotta deal with that first. But I will buy a set, just not at the moment. Thanks for making a cool@ss product! I'll for sure get up with you again later for a set of the twin rounds.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
No problem, I'll be here when you're ready.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
My buckets are now on the car and I will post pics soon.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Cool!
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Really nice!!!
the dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the dudeSend a Private Message to the dudeDirect Link to This Post
hey fiero fan i have to say that is a speechless headlight mod now do plan on stoping production anytime soon, hope not!! i am a new fiero owner and i really "NEED" a set of these. but there is so much other crap i have to do first... and how much are they again
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2007 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Fiero world here at Pennocks.

The lights will continued to be produced. They cost $208 USD shipped to you. If you pay per PayPal please add $5 for fees.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 07-04-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
Osirus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsirusSend a Private Message to OsirusDirect Link to This Post
Hey Timo i'm new to forum... but i have been following this thread for about a month or so and i just bought my fiero, i would love a set of twin rounds... i was just wondering when you'll be shipping out the next set... and since the shipping time always varies what would you say the average is... im out here in vancouver, canada.

Thanks
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
HI, the shipping is normally between 2 - 3 weeks. Sometimes it goes a little longer. I have some buckets here and can ship as soon as you pay.
Osirus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsirusSend a Private Message to OsirusDirect Link to This Post
can i get your paypal info please, i'll send payment within a day. thanks a lot!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
PayPal = Fiero1Fan@fieros.eu

and

your very welcome.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 07-09-2007).]

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Question for Timo or anyone else that has mounted a set of the twin rounds............

I am having a devil of a time getting these things mounted!! Every time I think I have things in the right place, I find that the buckets are hitting the hood, or hitting the headlight doors.......AUGH! I thought I had everything set up in the right place, had the underside of the doors and the buckets painted, only to find that the pass side headlight door could not go fully down AND there was a little rubbing between the driver side bucket and door -- now I have to repaint both the door and the bucket on the driver's side !

Does anyone have any measurements for a setup that works and does not rub anywhere? Any adivce?? Any anything???

thx,

-jeff d

PS for Timo -- i've only ever seen one set of buckets ever arrive here -- one set apparently DID get lost!!!!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Here are some tweeks I did so far ,
a notch for the extra 'parking' light in the high beam:

guards to keep the doors from scraping on the metal:

And a solution to fill the unused holes of the brackets, maybe I have looked too long at the first delivered audi R8 in the netherlands

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Thanks FieRo!

Anyone else have any tips/tricks for getting everything to line up and not rub when the lights go up and down???

thx,

-jeff d
Osirus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsirusSend a Private Message to OsirusDirect Link to This Post
can anyone help me out as to which lights i need to purchase from susquehanna... should i be getting the ones that are 58 bucks?... or the ones that are a 112 bucks?... and whats the difference, a little confused... thanks a lot guys
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Osirus,

You want these:

HL68136 90mm High Beam Lamp, H9 Bulb, Adjusters, each, Requires 1 HL87193 per lamp.
$58.75

HL68137 90mm Low Beam Lamp, H9 Bulb, Adjusters, each, Requires 1 HL87193 per lamp.
$58.75

hth,

-jeff d
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jeff (fierov8),

Give me a few more details on exactly where they are rubbing. The buckets should not rub either left or right. They will rub on the underside of the lid because it has to push the lid up. The part that pushes up the lid is the front face plate. It is recommended that you use "Edge Guard" along the top edge of the front face so that it doesn't scratch the plastic.

F1F

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 07-16-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Osirus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsirusSend a Private Message to OsirusDirect Link to This Post
thanks a lot fiero v8!...
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post

Give me a few more details on exactly where they are rubbing. The buckets should not rub either left or right. They will rub on the underside of the lid because it has to push the lid up. The part that pushes up the lid is the front face plate. It is recommended that you use "Edge Guard" along the top edge of the front face so that it doesn't scratch the plastic.

F1F

Hello Timo,

I got the edge guard on the tops of the buckets -- that's not the problem. Problem is that the buckets are hitting along the inside edge of the "web" of the headlight door. By web I mean the curved part on the underside of the headlight door. I was also having a slight problem where the outermost adjuster screw for the low beams was hitting that web as well, but I used a dremel to remove part of that web, so that is not an issue anymore.

Right now I have the headlight doors off of the car, the headlights are in the "up" position. I'm planning on getting the headlights centered in the openings and then reinstall the doors and see how that goes.

-jeff "d@mn, the clearances are tight in there!" d

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The clearances were made tight for a reason, so that as little amount of wind as possible to get around them and into the front area. The centering of the motor brackets will help and possibly a little bending (adjusting) of the bucket side mounts may need to be done.
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post

The clearances were made tight for a reason, so that as little amount of wind as possible to get around them and into the front area. The centering of the motor brackets will help and possibly a little bending (adjusting) of the bucket side mounts may need to be done.

That helps a lot!!

Thanks for mentioning the bucket side mounts and the potential need for a little "adjustment" -- that is where I'm getting some (most?) of my interference.

Thanks Timo!!!

-jeff d
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
No problem. I hope that helps.
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post

No problem. I hope that helps.

Indeed it did! Had no idea the clearances were that tight all around! Got the light assys centered in the holes in the hood, then centered the headlight door in the hood and all is good!!

Thanks Timo -- 10 minutes of soldering is all that is standing in the way of calling this project done! Pics when I'm all done.

Thx,

-jeff d
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Great. Glad to hear that everything turned out well. Looking forward to Pics as soon as you can.
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Hi Timo.
I really like to looks of these low profile headlights.
I'm very much interested in buying a pair of the twin 90mm buckets.
Do you still have them in stock? Please send me a PM.

(P.S. I'm new using the forum, and I might take me a little while to figure out the PM thing so please be patient. )

Thanks for your time.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
FieroBobo, PM sent.

I have run out of the second set of headlight buckets. I am having more made. I am accepting prepaid orders for the next run for those who are interested. Production time is about 4 weeks then I'll have them to ship. Prepaid orders will be the first ones filled and shipped.

F1F
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Timo you have a pm
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Pm returned.
wingless

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for winglessClick Here to visit wingless's HomePageSend a Private Message to winglessDirect Link to This Post
any tracking info on my buckets? you sent them out 4 weeks ago. thanx
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The buckets were delayed because of a union strike over here. They are now on their way to you. They should be there within the next couple of weeks.
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post
Timo,

I wish to make a purchase.

You have a PM from me.

Thanks
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

Timo,

I wish to make a purchase.

You have a PM from me.

Thanks

PM returned and thanks for the order.
wingless

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winglessClick Here to visit wingless's HomePageSend a Private Message to winglessDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the update! i look forward to seeing the buckets.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wingless:
I look forward to seeing the buckets.

I look forward to them finally getting there.
Younggun88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Younggun88Send a Private Message to Younggun88Direct Link to This Post
What size headlight goes into the rectangular.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
165 x 100mm Hella lamp.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock