Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I'm up for a set of twin round ones.

Anybody over there need conversion mounts for 3800 SC or other conversion

You bet your bippie!!! E-mail me ASAP!!
IP: Logged
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

I will have the holes shaved down 0.2mm to allow for the thickness of the paint and then the clips will fit just fine.

Thanks for following up on this. The retaining barbs on the mounting clips are shallow enough that I think a simple 0.2 mm to 0.4 mm chamfer might be sufficient. A chamfer is also something that would be easy for anyone to trim during installation.

In fact, if the holes you had tested with were already slightly chamfered (normal machine shop practice), that might partially explain the perfect trial fit.

Incidentally, Hella does not include very much information with their 90 mm round modules, but Susquehanna Motor Sports has a very good set of installation instructions posted on their web site.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the install info.
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the twin round set and wiring harness.
I live in michigan 48371 what would the total cost be with
shipping? Also when you get some more pics can you
send them. keith69@ameritech.net

Thanks
Keith
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Interested but I would like to see some pictures of the underside etc.

Rodney

Still interested but I need to see the underside.

Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
I can't find anywhere that sells the square headlights. When the buckets become available, could I buy the headlights as well from you.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
You sure can. Did you use the part numbers I posted? The two main reasons I would prefer for the people to get the lights them selves is that normaly the lights in the States are cheaper than here and the price of shipping the lights from Germany is very high with the additional chance that the they might get broken in route.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Did you figure out what shipping to the states would be yet? Zip 18015
Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post

You sure can. Did you use the part numbers I posted? The two main reasons I would prefer for the people to get the lights them selves is that normaly the lights in the States are cheaper than here and the price of shipping the lights from Germany is very high with the additional chance that the they might get broken in route.

I did Google, Froogle, and Ebay searches with no results. Do you maybe have a link to a place that sells them?
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
If you read back in THIS thread, Marvin posted ...

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

(Gee Whizzzzzzzzzzz ! }

F1F: Note that the part numbers you specified do not match the ones at Susquehanna MotorSports. They have the following parts numbers for 90mm lights listed on the link:

HL68136
HL68137
PL1KO 008 191-001
PL1BL 008 193-001

Maybe you wanna quote using these parts numbers, whichever match the ones you used.

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-19-2006).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

You bet your bippie!!! E-mail me ASAP!!

I sent an e-mail.....................did you get it ???
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I sent an e-mail.....................did you get it ???

E-Mail received.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by PaulJK:

If you read back in THIS thread, Marvin posted ...

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/90mm_modules.asp

(Gee Whizzzzzzzzzzz ! }

F1F: Note that the part numbers you specified do not match the ones at Susquehanna MotorSports. They have the following parts numbers for 90mm lights listed on the link:

HL68136
HL68137
PL1KO 008 191-001
PL1BL 008 193-001

Maybe you wanna quote using these parts numbers, whichever match the ones you used.

The part numbers listed above by PaulJK are the numbers for the TWIN ROUND Hella 90mm lights!

The part numbers I posted earlier are for the RECTANGULAR Hella 100mmx165mm lights! Here are the parts numbers again.
Ribbed Glass: 1AB 006 277-127
Clear Glass: 1AB 008 888-041

I hope this clears things up. PaulJK could you check and make sure that the numbers I have given for the rectangular lights are available in the States? I would appreciate it.
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Hi Timo, I may be intrested in two kit's of the twin round lights... I would like to show my customers some closer pictures on the kit and also an installed view as well, I too like to get one for myself.

Thanks
Joe

------------------

Race-Tech Automotive inc. & The Fiero Shop.

Specializing in Fiero performance:
3800 swaps, custom 3800 and N* Aluminum flywheels, big Brakes, Engine rebuild, Aftermarket wheels, Bolt on performance parts, body enhancements, used Fiero parts, custom exhaust systems.
www.racetechauto.com

E-Mail racetech@bellnet.ca
Phone (416) 747-5728
141 Turbine Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Hi Joe,

Tried to contact you. I'll be getting some pix up pretty soon.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

RECTANGULAR Hella 100mmx165mm lights!

Ribbed Glass: 1AB 006 277-127
Clear Glass: 1AB 008 888-041

... could you check and make sure that the numbers I have given for the rectangular lights are available in the States?

Susquehanna Motor Sports carries pretty much the entire Hella line, but they do not include those numbers either on-line or in their printed catalog. I have not called to ask about them, though, since I already have the 90 mm round modules.

I've seen some information somewhere which indicated that Hella has recently renumbered their product line, so it's possible that the rectangular headlights have different part numbers (in North America?) than the numbers you provided.

Susquehanna does list several 100 x 165 mm conversion headlamps here. My guess is that the "Ribbed Glass" you cited is the same as their number HL79566 hi/lo lamp (ECE only, not DOT compliant?), and the "Clear Glass" is their new "Free Form," DOT-compliant hi/lo lamp number HL21100. Can you confirm this?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-21-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

i would like the set like yellowstone's set-up. How do i pay? what is the total shipping to 99324, i'm interested in the harness too, as long as its plug and play.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
bump for updates!
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Im interested in a set also. (round please) Let me know when these are ready.

S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone.
The R&D is finished finally and I'm just waiting for the CNC people to get back from Christmas to get the first sets cut.
I fully expect the first sets to be in my hands by the second week in January at the latest.

F1F
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Susquehanna Motor Sports carries pretty much the entire Hella line, but they do not include those numbers either on-line or in their printed catalog. I have not called to ask about them, though, since I already have the 90 mm round modules.

I've seen some information somewhere which indicated that Hella has recently renumbered their product line, so it's possible that the rectangular headlights have different part numbers (in North America?) than the numbers you provided.

Susquehanna does list several 100 x 165 mm conversion headlamps here. My guess is that the "Ribbed Glass" you cited is the same as their number HL79566 hi/lo lamp (ECE only, not DOT compliant?), and the "Clear Glass" is their new "Free Form," DOT-compliant hi/lo lamp number HL21100. Can you confirm this?

Yes those are the lamps that I am using for the rectangular buckets except that there is also a mounting frame around the lamp that is needed to attach the lamp to the buckets. I'll get some pix today and post them so you can see the mounting frame.
I do confirm that the ribbed glass are not DOT compliant and the clear glass are!! Thanks for pointing that out.
PFF
System Bot
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
Put me on the list for a set of the twin rounds with the harness.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ8:

Put me on the list for a set of the twin rounds with the harness.

You're on it!! Thanks.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Want to make sure that I am still on the list for twin rounds with the plug-n-play harness. Any info on shipping to the states yet?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Any progress?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Yes there has been progress. The prototype is finished. Just waiting until the 8th of January for the CNC people to get back from Christmas vacation to start the cutting.
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
I am also interested in the twin rounds.

Your plug and play harness, do they come with the special H9 plugs on it already or do we need to buy the special plugs for the hella 90mm lamps.

Also does your buckets have the lamps higher than the other types I have seen here sold by others? Do the lamps actually clear the lens housing or does the bottom 1/2 inch fire into the hood like the other types of low profile headlights causing a huge shadow (and glare from the hood reflections) on the road from light being blocked.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Great, I am waiting. Started my interior work in the meantime.
Could you send me some info regarding that mirror?
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

I am also interested in the twin rounds.

Your plug and play harness, do they come with the special H9 plugs on it already or do we need to buy the special plugs for the hella 90mm lamps.

Also does your buckets have the lamps higher than the other types I have seen here sold by others? Do the lamps actually clear the lens housing or does the bottom 1/2 inch fire into the hood like the other types of low profile headlights causing a huge shadow (and glare from the hood reflections) on the road from light being blocked.

The lights sit correctly but there is a small amount of light that gets blocked by the front of the light opening. The wiring harness will come with the connectors for the Hella lamps.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Could you send me some info regarding that mirror?

PM sent about the mirrors.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Im in for a set of rectangular when their ready.
RIch
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Im in for a set of rectangular when their ready.
RIch

You're on the list.
swisscheese

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post
Hey Timo, did you get my PM?
TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
i would like a set of twin round-opening brackets and harness, please
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Hi Timo:

Please put me on the list for the twin round buckets and the plug and play harness.

Hope you have a happy New Year!

Nolan
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by swisscheese:

Hey Timo, did you get my PM?

I got it. Everything is OK.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
TorqueWrench you're on the list!!

Sourmug you were already on the list. Does this mean you want a second set?

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 12-29-2006).]

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
thank you,
and it's 'Wench', not 'wrench'.

TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post

TorqueWench

768 posts
Member since Jul 2005
after reading what i wrote, i noted how much like the old GetSmart episode that sounded like:

"it's the Craw!"
"no, not the 'craw', 'the Craw'"
"that's what i said: the 'Craw'"
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
you guys get these I want to see various pics.. I keep eyeing these more and more toss up between recessed and the round lights
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock