Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 28)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
carpetviper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carpetviperClick Here to visit carpetviper's HomePageSend a Private Message to carpetviperDirect Link to This Post
::waits anxiously::
IP: Logged
Hornet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HornetSend a Private Message to HornetDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I'm a little late to the game, but I have some questions, if someone could field them. So, the bucket is $160? Is anyone selling harnesses? Has anyone figured out how to have all four on when the brights are on? How much would this whole setup run? Sorry for all the questions.
LookingForAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LookingForAFieroSend a Private Message to LookingForAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Harness can be purchased from another member that posted earlier in this thread.
Harness can also be made pretty cheap and easy if you have basic soldering skills.

Lights run around $250 if I recall correctly. I want to say the whole swap from buckets to lights and harness will run you around $400 give or take.

I think someone else in this thread figured out how to wire up the lights so all 4 lights stay on. Requires a relay and some wiring. This is all off the top of my head. I haven't read the thread from start to finish in a long while and it is really late so don't quote me on anything here.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Buckets cost 120€ ( @ $170 US) at the current exchange rate.
The Harness is made by Oreif here on the forum.
The lights are running around $55 per light at (Susquehana Motor Sports)
For the switching of the lights look at Marvin McInnis' diagrams on page 16 of this thread.
Shipping will be calculated once the buckets are in the states.

This group buy will be going out next week. The pieces are still in the Galvanic shop and should be in my hands on Tuesday next week.

Payment for the buckets is to fiero1fan@fieros.eu per PayPal.

I hope this helps.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
the next group buy.

List:

FieroEV 1 set Paid
QckSilver 1 set Paid
Nilknarf 1 set Paid
Macs86GT 1 set Paid
carperviper 1 set Paid
Jrgicehc 1 set Paid
Jarhead 2m4 1 set Paid
chane 1 set Paid
LookingforAFiero 1 set Paid
Trinton 1 set Paid
daniel87fierogt 1 set Paid

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-06-2008).]

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Hey Timo, If i send you the payment today, can i get in on this group buy getting ready to go out? Also about this group buy, im not really understanding the whole thing. Do you ship all the buckets in one big box to the states and then someone else over here ships them out individually to all the people in the group buy? Please let me know. Thanks Daniel
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

For the switching of the lights look at Marvin McInnis' diagrams on page 16 of this thread.

Thanks for the credit, but note that the diagrams I posted on page 16 only apply if you want the low beams to remain illuminated even when the high beams are selected ... something I do not recommend. IMHO, the Hella 90mm high beam modules put out quite enough light all by themselves. I posted those diagrams in response to questions by a few guys who were determined to run all four headlights simultaneously. Of course, YMMV.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 10-05-2008).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Hey Timo, If i send you the payment today, can i get in on this group buy getting ready to go out? Also about this group buy, im not really understanding the whole thing. Do you ship all the buckets in one big box to the states and then someone else over here ships them out individually to all the people in the group buy? Please let me know. Thanks Daniel

That is exactly right. Yes, you can still get in on the group shipping.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Thanks for the credit, but note that the diagrams I posted on page 16 only apply if you want the low beams to remain illuminated even when the high beams are selected ... something I do not recommend. IMHO, the Hella 90mm high beam modules put out quite enough light all by themselves. I posted those diagrams in response to questions by a few guys who were determined to run all four headlights simultaneously. Of course, YMMV.

Thanks for the clarification.

I second this and would like to add that the extra current drain on the existing electrical system could cause damage to the wiring under the dash board.
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Timo,
Okay paypal has been sent. Thanks Daniel
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Timo,
Okay paypal has been sent. Thanks Daniel

Payment received.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
F1F, I know I saw it before but I need the wireing diagram for the H9 setup.
can someone PM me with it or post it.
not trying to hijack!
thanks.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

F1F, I know I saw it before but I need the wireing diagram for the H9 setup.
can someone PM me with it or post it.
not trying to hijack!
thanks.

Drop a PM to Oreif.
chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
F1F, only the lights are needed from Susquehana? They come with everything needed? No extra connectors or anything?

Has anyone chrome plated these?

Thanks
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
F1F! Is it too late for me to get a set? If you don't see this I will PM you. Is the amount still $208 total?

Paul
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chane:

F1F, only the lights are needed from Susquehana? They come with everything needed? No extra connectors or anything?

Thanks

The lights come with just the lights and the bulbs. If you don't want to make your own harness then drop Oreif a PM and he can make you one. If you want to make the harness yourself he can give you a list of what parts you'll need.

I don't know if anyone has chromed a set. I can have them chromed here but it is too late now for this batch as they are already in the Galvanic. If I know before hand I can have them chromed instead of galvanized but the price is higher for the chrome plating.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-07-2008).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

F1F! Is it too late for me to get a set? If you don't see this I will PM you. Is the amount still $208 total?

Paul

PM answered.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

If you're asking about the buckets, see Timo's answer above. If you're asking about the Hella 90mm modules, the answer is "No ... it's not possible. The housings are made of magnesium alloy and plastic."
Oreif

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I made a thread in the Tech section on making the 90mm harnesses:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/095436.html
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

I made a thread in the Tech section on making the 90mm harnesses:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/095436.html

Fantastic! Thanks Oreif. + for you.
carpetviper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carpetviperClick Here to visit carpetviper's HomePageSend a Private Message to carpetviperDirect Link to This Post
Are the buckets making it out this week?
PFF
System Bot
chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

If you're asking about the buckets, see Timo's answer above. If you're asking about the Hella 90mm modules, the answer is "No ... it's not possible. The housings are made of magnesium alloy and plastic."

I found a guy that said he can powder coat in black chrome.

Oreif, where do I need to order all of those connectors to make the harness? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by chane (edited 10-08-2008).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

I found a guy that said he can powder coat in black chrome.

Oreif, where do I need to order all of those connectors to make the harness? Thanks!

The connectors are located here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Connectors.asp
You need to buy 4 of the HL87193 (H9 connectors)
and 2 of the CPH4CM (H4 male connectors)
chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I am filling the cart now. Do I need 4 of the HL87193 Adjusters as well? "requires one per lamp".
carpetviper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carpetviperClick Here to visit carpetviper's HomePageSend a Private Message to carpetviperDirect Link to This Post
If I recall correctly from previously in this thread, no.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2008 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Thanks I am filling the cart now. Do I need 4 of the HL87193 Adjusters as well? "requires one per lamp".

No you don't. The lights come with the needed adjusters.
LookingForAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LookingForAFieroSend a Private Message to LookingForAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Timo - Any word on the estimated ship date? Looking forward to tinkering on the new toy.

------------------
86 GT - Red, Auto, 3.4 V6
88 5.0 Mustang

"Don't even consider keeping up with the Joneses!! They're broke!" - Dave Ramsey

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I have them back from the Galvanic and they will be shipped this week. So they should be states side within 10 days.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
OK, I now have the price for shipping to your door.

Final price for shipping including the US side is $75. The shipping is guaranteed and trackable!

Please send your shipment payments to DIY_Stu as he is the one covering the group shipment.
His PayPal is stuart@diy-fiero.com

The buckets should be states side with in the next 10 days and then Stu will ship out per USPS to you.
Canadian buyers please add $10 US extra.

Timo

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-15-2008).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Won't they hang up in customs for a few days or has that issue been solved?
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'll be contacting the Importing broker about customs tomorrow. I'll have more info tomorrow.
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
It appears SMS has changed quite a bit. I can't seem to find the lights or connectors.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Here is the new link:

http://www.rallylights.com/...eadlamp_Modules.aspx

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-15-2008).]

LookingForAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LookingForAFieroSend a Private Message to LookingForAFieroDirect Link to This Post

OK, I now have the price for shipping to your door.

Final price for shipping including the US side is $75. The shipping is guaranteed and trackable!

Please send your shipment payments to DIY_Stu as he is the one covering the group shipment.
His PayPal is stuart@diy-fiero.com

The buckets should be states side with in the next 10 days and then Stu will ship out per USPS to you.
Canadian buyers please add $10 US extra.

Timo

Timo - Is that $75 USD PER PERSON?? Or $75 split between the 11 buyers?

MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious it seems like theres alot of hidden costs here. or something.

you've gotta pay 170 bucks to fiero1fan, and then another 75 to stu to get the BUCKETS. then you have to shell out 55 bucks EACH, not including shipping, for the 90mm hellas. so your totals looking to be something roughly around 500$ for the whole setup, end game?

Thanks for clarification
Matthew Hanson
101st
chane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaneSend a Private Message to chaneDirect Link to This Post

Here is the new link:

http://www.rallylights.com/...eadlamp_Modules.aspx

Their website doesn't link anything to the cart. I sent an email of my order a while back and never heard back.
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MetroMatt:

I'm curious it seems like theres alot of hidden costs here. or something.

you've gotta pay 170 bucks to fiero1fan, and then another 75 to stu to get the BUCKETS. then you have to shell out 55 bucks EACH, not including shipping, for the 90mm hellas. so your totals looking to be something roughly around 500$ for the whole setup, end game?

Thanks for clarification
Matthew Hanson
101st

It isnt a hidden cost if you read the thread. Its a group buy on the shipping so we all pitch in for a group shipment to the states which is the expensive part and then what ever it costs to get to us once they are state side, on top of what we paid for the lights.

you could have paid somewhere around $230 off the bat and got german postage but I paid for some about a year ago and timo sent 2 packages, neither of which made it to my door. thats why it is now done like this with insured postage. Timo gave me my money back because we didnt realize how bad german post was, but now if you pay for german post its at your own risk.

hes not trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes, he probably didnt realize you didnt know because you didnt ask and he has gone over about 20 times in the thread.
MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
just to clarify i'm not part of this group buy, i was just asking cause i was interested. thanks for the answer though. its hard to surf through 28 pages when you're in crappy iraqi sattelite internet.

much thanks
matthew

[This message has been edited by MetroMatt (edited 10-15-2008).]

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MetroMatt:

just to clarify i'm not part of this group buy, i was just asking cause i was interested. thanks for the answer though. its hard to surf through 28 pages when you're in crappy iraqi sattelite internet.

much thanks
matthew

oh ok, sorry to come off like a dick.....

yea it comes to around 450-500 when its all said and done.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LookingForAFiero:

Timo - Is that $75 USD PER PERSON?? Or $75 split between the 11 buyers?

That is $75 per person. I have divided the shipping costs between 25 sets of buckets as I am sending 13 extra sets along with yours so that you 11 are paying just under half of the shipping, customs and taxes for these.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock