Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 
Previous Page | Next Page
Low Profile Twin Headlight Buckets by Fiero1Fan
Started on: 12-13-2006 11:49 AM
Replies: 1521
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-12-2009 03:43 PM
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Well I have the info for the CNC and material costs. The price for a set of buckets will be 120€. Without Lamps!!
The buckets are 2mm steel and zink coated, ready for painting in any color that you wish.
No cutting or modifications are needed anywhere on your car to get them to fit!!

The wiring harness for the twin rounds will be a separate item because several people have mentioned that they want to make the harness themselves. Send a PM to Oreif for more info.

Here are a couple of pix of the buckets I am now offering.
Suufmeisters:

Yellowstones:

Payments to fiero1fan@fieros.eu per PayPal.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 10-16-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I am taking orders now. First come first served. Although delivery will be around to just after Christmas. I don't have a shipping price yet until I can get them to the PO to be weighed. But It shouldn't be very much as the box will be fairly small. Don't worry I will be ordering more so everyone who wants a set can get them.
Intel

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post
Okay... since in the Mall....

I'll take a set of the twin round hellas. No harness.

PM Sent!
Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
I'll get myself a set of square buckets once they are available.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The rectangular should be ready by the middle of January at the latest.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
When you get to the PO about the shipping costs, can you please PM me with a total price for shipping to USA zip 18015 for a pair of the two hole light buckets and the "plug-n-play" harness.

I understand it will be $155.00 + harness price + shipping.

Great mod by the way.....nicest lights I have seen.

Are the bulbs in the Hella's like a 9006 low beam and a 9005 high beam? I get the H-4 and H-7 stuff mixed up. I didn't quite understand Hella's web site in this respect.

Thanks
Bob
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

The price for a set of buckets will be 120€ ($155).

The buckets are 2mm steel

Two questions:

1) Please confirm that that price does not include shipping from Germany to the U.S.

2) Hella specifies a maximum panel thickness of 1.4 mm (.055 inch) for the snap-in plastic adjuster sockets. You say the buckets are made from 2 mm (0.79 inch) thick sheet. Are the buckets locally spotfaced or counterbored (like Yellowstone's) to accommodate the adjuster sockets?

Pictures of the final-design buckets you are offering would be helpful.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-13-2006).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Marvin McInnis

11599 posts
Member since Apr 2002

Originally posted by rjblaze:

Are the bulbs in the Hella's like a 9006 low beam and a 9005 high beam? I get the H-4 and H-7 stuff mixed up. I didn't quite understand Hella's web site in this respect.

The DOT/SAE-compliant Hella 90 mm modules (both high and low beams) use a 65 watt H9 halogen lamp. The H9 is a pretty new lamp type, and the 90 mm Hella modules are the only application I've seen for them so far. I'm sure there are others ... or soon will be. Probably best to buy a spare H9 lamp (currently $17) at the same time you buy the Hella modules.

For what it's worth Susquehanna Motor Sports (a good source in North America for the Hella 90 mm modules) is running a 10% off sale between now and Christmas on orders over $150.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-13-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I have fitted the Hella Lights into the buckets and the clips fit perfectly.
The price of buckets does not include the lamps!

As soon as I have the finished products in my mitts I'll get some pix posted.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 12-13-2006).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Timo I am interested in a set of the twin round brackets.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Timo I am interested in a set of the twin round brackets.

You're on my christmas list!!
PFF
System Bot
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
I'll second the need for pics............very interested and will probably pick up a set, but from a quick little prototype I made on my own out of 16 ga steel, I'd like to see the final design. I know that 16 gauge (0.0598") is too flimsy to stand up to the factory torsion springs for the headlight door. Depending on the design, 2mm / 0.0787" might work.

Also critical is how the top of the bucket is shaped to raise up the headlight door.

thx!

-jeff d

[This message has been edited by fierov8 (edited 12-13-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
i would like the set like yellowstone's set-up. How do i pay? what is the total shipping to 99324, i'm interested in the harness too, as long as its plug and play.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. Waiting for pictures of the actual product.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
You have a PM.
Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a link for the lights that fit the rectangular bracket?
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Here are a couple of pix of the buckets I am now offering.
Suufmeisters:

Yellowstones:

Rectangular buckets:

Payments to fiero1fan@fieros.eu per PayPal.

I would like to see some pics of your product rather than other peoples posted, seems kinda like false advertising to me.
I assume that most people looking at the pics know that these are not YOUR buckets but some may not be aware of the fact.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Well I sure don't want to mislead anyone and for those who have been following the different threads on this will be able to tell that the top picture is of Suufmeisters buckets that he made for himself. The next 2 pix are of the buckets that Yellowstone installed in to his car that were made by a another man here in Germany. The bottom picture is a picture of a car with the rectangular headlights that I have tried to emulate in my rectangular bucket design.

I sure wouldn't want anyone to think that the lights used by Yellowstone nor the lights made by Suufmeister were any of my work and I do believe in giving credit where credit is due. Suufmeister has made a very good bucket.

I hope this clears up any problems and will lay to rest any fears of "FALSE ADVERTISING" that might arise in the future.

Timo Penrod (F1F)

edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 12-14-2006).]

Gary W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WDirect Link to This Post

immolate in my rectangular bucket design.

Just found this funny. Immolate = burn to a cinder. I think you meant "emulate", at least I hope you did.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gary W:

Just found this funny. Immolate = burn to a cinder. I think you meant "emulate", at least I hope you did.

Well, this IS a Fiero site... He might have meant that.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shad0wguy:

Do you have a link for the lights that fit the rectangular bracket?

Here are the Hella parts numbers:
Ribbed: 1AB 006 277-127
Clear: 1AB 008 888-041

I hope this helps. Look these numbers up in your local companies that carry Hella.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by Gary W:
I think you meant "emulate", at least I hope you did.

I sure did and thanks for the correction. Been in Europe too long!!
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

I have fitted the Hella Lights into the [2 mm thick] buckets and the clips fit perfectly.

You might want to double check that. I carefully measured the plastic mounting sockets that were included with the Hella 90 mm round modules I purchased from Susquehanna Motor Sports, and the allowance for the mounting surface appears to be slightly less than 1/16 inch (1.6 mm). Hella specifies a panel thickness (at the mounting points) of no more than 1.4 mm (.055 inch), which would be consistent with my measurements.

Susquehanna's installation instructions suggest that in some cases simply chamfering the forward side of the mounting holes (e.g. with a 90 degree countersink) may remove enough material to allow the sockets to snap securely in place.

Please understand that I'm not trying to cause problems for you. Rather, I'm trying to help you and your customers (including me, probably) avoid problems down the road. Well ... that and my engineer's obsessive attention to detail.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-14-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I'll check it out. Just to be sure.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set of the rectangular buckets. Please PM me when you get them and when they are ready for shipment.

Thanks
Mark
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Excellent! I will be ordering a set in January for the round headlights and I will probably also take the wiring harness. Does anyone have a link for the correct North American Hella lamps?

Thanks
Nolan
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post

The price for a set of buckets will be 120€ ($155).

So how much is that in ALDL cables?

Nice work Timo.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Does anyone have a link for the correct North American Hella lamps?

One more time: Susquehanna Motor Sports

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-15-2006).]

Vladd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
I'll be interested in the twin rounds when you get pics of the product.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of the twin round and the blank buckets will be posted next week. Just as soon as I have the first set of the twin rounds back from the CNC I'll get the m mounted on my Fiero and take several hundred pix. Then I'll do the same with the rectangular ones once they are ready.
PFF
System Bot
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

... and take several hundred pix.

LOL!

I want some of those too, but first I'm gonna talk to the vehicle inspection guys. Just to be sure that, together with some daytime runners, all will be fine with our laws.

[This message has been edited by swisscheese (edited 12-15-2006).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Interested but I would like to see some pictures of the underside etc.

Rodney
Intel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IntelSend a Private Message to IntelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by swisscheese:
I want some of those too, but first I'm gonna talk to the vehicle inspection guys. Just to be sure that, together with some daytime runners, all will be fine with our laws.

I don't think it's a problem as long as you buy the E-approved Hella lights, the Mazda Miata people has been doing this mod all over europe for years using the same Hellas just another bucket. No one has had any problems more than the ones buying th cheaper US-model.
But it's a good thing double check to be absolutely sure.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Interested but I would like to see some pictures of the underside etc.

Rodney

I'll take pix from every angle I can.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

One more time: Susquehanna Motor Sports

Ah, yes, er, I see that it was already in this thread. Thanks again anyways!

Nolan
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I will take a pair of the rectangular buckets . Please let me know how much with shipping . Thanks for all your hard work on this project . Chris
Leeloo88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Leeloo88Send a Private Message to Leeloo88Direct Link to This Post
Very interested, would like to see those hundreds of pictures before I buy though. I love the look, good work.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for a set of twin round ones.

Anybody over there need conversion mounts for 3800 SC or other conversion
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

I'll check it out. Just to be sure.

I checked out the Hella retaining clips in the 2mm Steel lights. They fit perfectly. Which isn't good because buckets need to be painted. With paint they would be too thick. Thanks for making me take another look at then. I will have the holes shaved down 0.2mm to allow for the thickness of the paint and then the clips will fit just fine.

I am always open to suggestions for product improvements. Keep the ideas and suggestions coming!!

F1F
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 39 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock