Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 55)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31164 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey fellas we got yet another fix her up for a club member! this time its Faaaaq I think his pff name is. We rescued his car from the one who remains unnamed and kicked out of the club. The engine has a pretty nasty knock and the rest of the car is well it will need a little tlc but nothing to crazy.

Awesome!

Steve
IP: Logged
fierocarb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do I find out more about the club and become a member? Do you have a website?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarb:

How do I find out more about the club and become a member? Do you have a website?

Yup we sure do! but best way to get a hold of us is right here! the site is more of a roster than a active site were we talk just log on and create a account and sign up fill in a bit of your profile and done your a member it is free! then come back here and start talking our ears off! I am in Menasha stop over any time and have a beer or three!

http://foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/141412865904993/

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-02-2013).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarb:

Nice car!!

What's it got for a power plant?

Steve
fierocarb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a 2.8 with Edelbrock intake and Holley carb with 5sp. I have some other pics but don't know how to post them. I am normally just a lurker.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey fellas we got yet another fix her up for a club member! this time its Faaaaq I think his pff name is. We rescued his car from the one who remains unnamed and kicked out of the club. The engine has a pretty nasty knock and the rest of the car is well it will need a little tlc but nothing to crazy.

If you want to lie online that is fine by me. There was no "rescuing" of this car, We intended on doing a swap to it but the time just isnt there for me rightnow and sean understood that. For the last 3 weeks+ it sat in my shop waiting for him to send funds so we could GET a replacement engine for it. If i need to ill provide the transcripts off of Facebook to show that on multiple occasions i told him such and it had been here too long.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

If you want to lie online that is fine by me. There was no "rescuing" of this car, We intended on doing a swap to it but the time just isnt there for me rightnow and sean understood that. For the last 3 weeks+ it sat in my shop waiting for him to send funds so we could GET a replacement engine for it. If i need to ill provide the transcripts off of Facebook to show that on multiple occasions i told him such and it had been here too long.

Deliver what you promise and no one will have a problem you. If you've figured that out now that's great, but it's hard to regain trust. I hope you're able to do it.

------------------
1988 CHOPTOP V8
my build thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/075707-3.html

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Deliver what you promise and no one will have a problem you. If you've figured that out now that's great, but it's hard to regain trust. I hope you're able to do it.

There was no promise made of anything. He spun a bearing on his engine, at the time i had the time to actually do the work needed/engine swap but he spent the money on something instead and after 3 weeks of pestering him asking him what he wanted to even do with the car my landlord gave me the ultimatum it had to go. The ONLY work that has been done on it by us was the diagnosing of the bad bearing, removing the super restrictive bra it had on(it made the temps way too high) and trying to find someone to buy the car from him for bottom dollar. Hell i offered to use my employee discount at work to buy the parts so it wouldnt cost my friend any extra money AND the labor payment was going to be stupidly cheap yet too.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
av8fiero

There was no promise made of anything. He spun a bearing on his engine, at the time i had the time to actually do the work needed/engine swap but he spent the money on something instead and after 3 weeks of pestering him asking him what he wanted to even do with the car my landlord gave me the ultimatum it had to go. The ONLY work that has been done on it by us was the diagnosing of the bad bearing, removing the super restrictive bra it had on(it made the temps way too high) and trying to find someone to buy the car from him for bottom dollar. Hell i offered to use my employee discount at work to buy the parts so it wouldnt cost my friend any extra money AND the labor payment was going to be stupidly cheap yet too.

I'm talking about past issues, not anything recent. If you have your act together since those past issues great, but that just doesn't make the past disappear. You earned the lack of trust we have for you all by yourself. You have to earn it back all by yourself if you want to be trusted and respected again. Again I hope you can do it.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

av8fiero
I'm talking about past issues, not anything recent. If you have your act together since those past issues great, but that just doesn't make the past disappear. You earned the lack of trust we have for you all by yourself. You have to earn it back all by yourself if you want to be trusted and respected again. Again I hope you can do it.

I dont wish to be "trusted and respected again" by anyone of this club. I left the Fiero scene happily after seeing what the people are really like. Car is cool, yeah, but in reality its just an underpowered 2 door from the 80s and thats all itll ever be. The only reason i even logged on here was because Robs comment was brought to my attention by someone who agreed it was out of line and uncalled for.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont wish to be "trusted and respected again" by anyone of this club. I left the Fiero scene happily after seeing what the people are really like. Car is cool, yeah, but in reality its just an underpowered 2 door from the 80s and thats all itll ever be. The only reason i even logged on here was because Robs comment was brought to my attention by someone who agreed it was out of line and uncalled for.

C-ya!!!!

Steve
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question? if you have left the Fiero scene as you say why are you still on here were you are not welcome in the first place. I sure have not forgot what you pulled with one of our members and I can guarantee neither has anyone else on this forum. Go troll someplace else, the people of this club are here dedicated to helping each other and keeping promises. You had your chance and instead burned people now have some dignity and a ounce of respect and please stay out of our thread or I will have no problem asking Cliff to remove you.

I left your screen name out of this thread for a reason but now you have drug it out in the open and now everyone looking knows who it is that I was referring to. You bring your own problems with the things you say and do. If you want to be looked at with some respect or common ground here on this forum keep promises and don't be a jerk. I know the story with you and Sean I do not care. It has nothing to do with the mission of this club or who's car we choose to work on. Again your name was left off here and you chose to be named now do a solid and leave it at that.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-05-2013).]

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question? if you have left the Fiero scene as you say why are you still on here were you are not welcome in the first place. I sure have not forgot what you pulled with one of our members and I can guarantee neither has anyone else on this forum. Go troll someplace else, the people of this club are here dedicated to helping each other and keeping promises. You had your chance and instead burned people now have some dignity and a ounce of respect and please stay out of our thread or I will have no problem asking Cliff to remove you.

I left your screen name out of this thread for a reason but now you have drug it out in the open and now everyone looking knows who it is that I was referring to. You bring your own problems with the things you say and do. If you want to be looked at with some respect or common ground here on this forum keep promises and don't be a jerk. I know the story with you and Sean I do not care. has nothing to do with the mission of this club or who's car we choose to work on. Again your name was left off here and you chose to be named now do a solid and leave it at that.

Whoppdiedew (sp?)
Time Traveller

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Time TravellerClick Here to visit Time Traveller's HomePageSend a Private Message to Time TravellerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to change the subject... Any of the central WI guys going to be at the Iola Old Car show next weekend?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Time Traveller:

Sorry to change the subject... Any of the central WI guys going to be at the Iola Old Car show next weekend?

I may drive out there but not sure yet, I have a bunch of work to do on cars here and get my choptop ready to head up north for Steve so he has a easier time getting the engine out.
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i will be there with my grandfather he has a vender spot so i will be there from wensday till sat
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just Picked Up An 88 Formula With A 5 Speed!

Steve
Time Traveller

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Time TravellerClick Here to visit Time Traveller's HomePageSend a Private Message to Time TravellerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bkcamaro, do you know what your swap meet space number is? I'll check it out!
Jets, give me a buzz if you decide to come out!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will do, It all depends on the situation with the backlog of Fiero work I have with Steve, right now we are sitting on 3 engine swaps.
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i dont remember but when i find out i will let you guys know my.
grandfather will be selling his 91ish mustang lx convertible and he has a lot of trinket from all sorts of old cars 30s 40s 50s and his airstream camper
i will be there from wednesday threw friday i have a buddies wedding on saturday

[This message has been edited by bkcamaro (edited 07-09-2013).]

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BA95 is our vender spot
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will do, It all depends on the situation with the backlog of Fiero work I have with Steve, right now we are sitting on 3 engine swaps.

We Now Have 4 Engine Swaps.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

We Now Have 4 Engine Swaps.

Steve

Oh wait there is more!

The Rottin Chop will be arriving soon too!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh wait there is more!

The Rottin Chop will be arriving soon too!

Holy Crap Batman!!!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Holy Crap Batman!!!

Steve

Hey stop looking at my undies!
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Steve. Thanks for picking up my car...Hope she behaves for you and that not too much is wrong with her.

Jake
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

Just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Steve. Thanks for picking up my car...Hope she behaves for you and that not too much is wrong with her.

Jake

Rob And I Had No Problems At All Picking It Up.
It Is On The Trailer Yet. I Am In The Process Of An
Engine Swap On Another Fiero.

Steve

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Aaron, those silly mice did a real number to your wring! I noticed while looking in at the engine they totally ate the fuel pump wiring! Who knows what else they ate on the front side of the engine!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I am having no luck finding a muffler for the chop, anyone have a spare laying around?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Freaking mice!!! Well maybe it isn't out of gas...lol, but the pump seemed to be running when i tried to start it. Chewed wires could explain tach. suddenly not working and the starter not turning over occasionally. Both new things i noticed in June when it was last started. Thanks again Guys. Steve no problem, as long as its there i know it will be worked on vs sitting in my parents yard knowing it won't

Aaron/ Jake

PS...
I hope the mice got sick...Mom said "we put mothballs in it" i guess that didnt work.

bump...

[This message has been edited by Bigjake34 (edited 07-17-2013).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, last bump didnt work...so here is another
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, last bump didnt work...so here is another

Howdy were still alive! just workin hard!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know, me too. Just doing bump to keep us on front page, Wisconsinites deserve to be in front.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, I want to thank you all for the generous offer. No words can hit exactly the conveyance intended. The Rottinchop will be on its way this Saturday. My plan is to leave the St Louis area around 7am and be up to you all around 2-3pm (traffic and bladder dependent). I hope to find a place to crash and then head home in the morning. This should give the experts in the club some time to get a really good assessment of where we are at and what will be needed to continue and finish. Fingers crossed that the car is not a complete loss.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust me Johnny, your car could not be in better hands.

------------------

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve - Jetts,
Came across this today when researching my transmission issue.

http://www.a-body.net/forum...se-4t60-transmission

Hoping its simple. If trans is bad, I'm thinking of going to a 4t65e HD I can get a good rebuilt unit ordered and delivered for a fair price. What do you think? If it needs replaced, It will prolly be a bit before I can get new trans...weeks...not months. Ill have to order a computer too, but the trans im looking at has posi, 3.29 gears, all high performance stuff...rated for 350+ HP. Thinking thats the way I should have gone to begin with, But EH!!! you only live once. The new trans is only if the one i have is junk. I'm hoping it's not. As for the Fuel issue...new info i git from the guys who installed the motor, They didnt change the pick up tube in the tank. its stock diameter. I had a nova a few years ago that I put a nice 400 SBC and it used to stall too ( granted not as bad as my Fiero). It ended up being a piece of fuel line that was too small. They feel pretty positive the issue lies inside the tank. so I'm thinking just doing a AN line/ pickup. I defer to y'all as far as that stuff goes as I'm not there. Again, I really appreciate the assist on this. Be good and if you need anything please feel free to call.

Jake
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As for the Fuel issue...new info i git from the guys who installed the motor, They didnt change the pick up tube in the tank. its stock diameter....They feel pretty positive the issue lies inside the tank.

Setting aside for the moment the diameter of the stock pick-up tube in the gas tank, has the diameter of the car's fuel line itself already been increased?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats correct, from pump to carb have been converted to AN line. tank to pump stock. OH forgot to say, they told me they accidentally drilled a hole in the top of the tank. they plugged itwith JB weld but i havent seen it.

Jake
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OH forgot to say, they told me they accidentally drilled a hole in the top of the [gasoline] tank.

Well, that doesn't sound particularly reassuring, does it?

However, it reminds me very much, on their part, of the refrain to an old pop song by "Dr. Hook" which focused on the admission, "I was stoned and I missed it".

I suppose the good news is there apparently weren't any fumes within the gasoline tank into which they'd accidentally drilled a hole.

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes better to be lucky, than good, i guess...lol. No, they didn't realize the tank is right up to the body and drilled hole meaning only to go through floor pan. Then didn't use hole anyway...lol

Jake

------------------
86 GT Fastback with a 383 SBC
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock