Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31160 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brownc00:

Speaking of front plates...are they still required here? I haven't run a front plate on the majority of my cars in 10 years and I haven't been stopped. I had heard that in the last 6-8 months they were no longer issuing them to save money. I can't find anything on the website tho. Anyone know?

Still required. I would know. I get stopped for it CONSTANTLY.

I managed to argue my way out of a ticket last time, on Jan 03 of this year actually.

Not the best plan, but it worked that time. Lol.

EDIT! This is MY page! BWAM!!!

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 02-02-2012).]

IP: Logged
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
brownc00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

http://www.dot.wisconsin.go...lated/validation.htm

Nuts! Ohh well, I guess it was wishful thinking. I bet they would save lots of money by not issuing 2 plates tho!

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 02-04-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheRealShadowX

1456 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Aright guys! Time for a club discussion!

As many of you know, I am planning to fully restore, rebuild and upgrade my 85 GT this year. The first thing I need to do is buy another car to drive during the project. I've been shopping around for a nice finished 3800sc Fiero. Here is one that found me. I will try to cover as much as I can here.

The car is a 1985 Fiero GT. It has a 3800 supercharged engine swapped into it. The tranny is a 4T65e-HD. The powertrain came from an 02 GTP. It had 10,000 miles at the time of the swap. The swap was done professionally by Ryan of Sinister Performance in 2004. The build is documented. It has also has a 3.4 pulley, Sinister tune, Northstar throttle body and a few other tweaks. It has run a 13.03 in the quarter. I have seen the time slip.

More about the car:

- Very clean interior
- Great body (Needs paint though)
- Full Grand Am brake upgrade on all four corners
- Lowering spindles up front
- Coilovers in the rear
- Rear sway bar
- Overall he has receipts for over $13,000 into the car

He WAS asking $5,500. More on this later...

Pictures!

So, overall, not bad. Good solid driver, with some love it could be a real gem.

Here's where things get sour. The owner and I have sent over 30 messages back and forth talking about the car. At one point I brought up rust. He tells me that indeed, there was rust when he bought the car, but he assured me that it was nothing grave. Wanting to be certain I asked him to pull the wheel well liners and snap some pictures for me. He tells me that he hadn't done that in several years, and that he too, would like to see.

What he found devastated both of us. He was crushed to see the rust he found. He actually says after finding the rust he is finished with the car and just wants it gone. Here are some pics..

Bottom Line:

He has lowered his price to $3,500. He said he really wants to see the car go to a good home where the owner can restore it and finish it. He simply can't because he doesn't have the time or energy anymore. He says he just doesn't have the youth for this project anymore. At the same time, however, he says he won't go lower on the price. He says he could get more by parting it out. I would be sad to see that happen.

If I keep my budget at $5,500 I could buy the car for $3,500 and use the remaining $2,000 to fix the frame and start a paint fund. (That is if Rob would like to make some money. )

So... Yay or nay my fellow Fox Valley friends?

PLEASE be honest...

------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheRealShadowX

1456 posts
Member since Mar 2010
On the same topic... Is Scott still selling his rust free chassis? This would be a good opportunity to put it to use.....
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well Devin, What do you want to do with this car? It would definitely work as a driver while you restore yours. Do you then want a second restoration project? Do you have money for two? If it were me, and I had the money, I would buy the car. But, I'm an idiot. I have three cars, two of which are projects, and no money. So, if you want to be like me....
But, even with the rust, I see that car being a driver for a while. The question then becomes, after you get your baby going, what do you want to do? What do you want to spend your money on? Does your girlfriend have a fiero? Maybe you two could fix it up for her? (and then she can laugh at you as she leaves you in the dust).

I firmly believe anything is possible with enough time and money. This becomes an investment statement, what do you want to spend? Remember, this is not just money. This is a lot of time too. I am making that choice now. My budget is small, and my time smaller. I am going to start the works of offloading my jaguar for whatever I can get for it so that I can get the Fiero ready for the dells.

On a similar note, I just took my baby out to stretch it's legs (now that January is over ) and I STILL can't believe how nice of a job you guys did on her!! I've never had her shift that well. EVER. She runs strong and drives well. I can't wait to have her at the dells.

So, Devin. Long story short, I think this is a decision that you must make. I know you will have a LOT to do with your baby, so will you have the money and time left over for a second, although less intensive, project afterwards? Only you know the answer to that. However, if you DO buy it, I want a ride in it
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Devin buy it and ill fix it but you need to really really go give gtx a nice ol back rub and bat your eyes at him to get those rust free rails he just threw his back out cuttin out of that 88 lol! FInd me the tail light panel I was talkin about w light guts and lenses and labor is free. fixin the paint is easy on that one, its black wich = CHEAP~ if you buy it remember it will have real power and w swiss cheese rails holding the shock towers together your gona have allot of flex wich can bend stuff you don't want bent so pick it up and then let it sit till spring when it can be fixed right.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-04-2012).]

brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are looking to buy a daily driver so you can work on your project car. However, what you found here is another project car that will take time and money away from your other project. Unless you are content with just driving it rusty, I'd say pass. Buying it to fix it up so you can drive it to fix up the first car doesn't make any sense.

I've fallen into this same trap several times over 35+ cars that I've had in my life. Took me a while to figure it out, but I eventually did learn to have 1 project MAX at one time.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normally id agree but in this case he is getting a sum of parts worth more than the whole all in one package that moves on its own. just to do a 3800sc swap correctly will set you back 1500 bucks or more givin how cheap you find engine and all the bits for it plus to do coil overs figure another 250 or so and the grand am brakes another 120 or so plus a couple of hundred bucks in poly parts and all the other goodies like that wing. id say lookin at the car its a good 3 gran in parts alone besides the shell of the car itself. I can swap out a set of frame rails in about a week taking my time like Tommys car but if I worked on it non stop id have them done in 2 days tops w taking the car apart. They are alot easier to change than most would think and now that I have the jigs built to keep it square its alot easier still. Devin its a win and in way better shape to play with than your current car id just drive the red punching bag till its demise and concentrate on the black one if you snag it.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-04-2012).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Ya speaking of Scott he has been pretty quiet!! I should call him and see whats up, since I am selling the front bumper off my gt he should buy it!
PFF
System Bot
brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody see the $400 notchie on CL?
http://milwaukee.craigslist.../pts/2836101182.html
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

u guys better tie me down so I dont buy it this car needs to be saved its a blue 87!!
brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drive past a place on FDL ave that advertizes $350 per car for scrap. $400 is a steal! Good thing I know better and have no place to put it!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am selling the front gt bumper off my chop and the headlight assembly's and prob the wiring since it wont be needed w the new stuff. Make me a offer AFTER I get my new one here.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that's it then! I'm gonna go for it!!! Tommy and I are taking a drive down to check it out next Sunday. I can't wait!!! I will try to get pictures!

Hey Rob, I assume you are referring to the Kahines Euro tail lights. The one piece panel with the four LED lights, right? If so, then you have yourself a deal my friend! You want those new or used? You want the vette lights or the LED lights? We'll have to sort the details when the time comes.

I can't wait!!!!

Edit: These, right?

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 02-06-2012).]

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got dibs on that gt on Craigslist hopefully I can go up and hand him a few Benjamins and bring a car hauler up later in the week

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats Series 1 L67 W/ 5 speed getrag!

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't show me that.... I've already stated above I don't have much sense with buying projects....
Thankfully, I don't have a truck to tow things with. Otherwise I'd be in real trouble!

Though.... club project car? Go in on it like 40 a piece? HAHA! oh dear...
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

I got dibs on that gt on Craigslist hopefully I can go up and hand him a few Benjamins and bring a car hauler up later in the week

GT?
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

GT?

Obviously you haven't been on CL since 6:11 last night there is an 87 gt whither what sounds like a blown motor for 325.... I really want it to give to my little brother so he has a nice car to cruise arround in and a nice car for hwy 100 since he cannot wait to come cruise hwy with me.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Obviously you haven't been on CL since 6:11 last night there is an 87 gt whither what sounds like a blown motor for 325.... I really want it to give to my little brother so he has a nice car to cruise arround in and a nice car for hwy 100 since he cannot wait to come cruise hwy with me.

oh boy! looks like now is the time to buy cheap fieros!
PFF
System Bot
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You run Highway? Since when? I never see any other Fieros up there. Better hope you don't run into me out there. LOL, jk. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

You run Highway? Since when? I never see any other Fieros up there. Better hope you don't run into me out there. LOL, jk. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Yeah I absolutly love it I have seen two fieros there but I didn't go much last summer because Fri Fri was always broken lol
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I absolutly love it I have seen two fieros there but I didn't go much last summer because Fri Fri was always broken lol

Ah, see? That's why. I started going last summer. If you saw a Red notchie, it was likely me. A white notchie may have been my buddy. I believe he also has a black fastback with a 3800sc.... I have yet to see it because it was in storage. I lost touch with him for like 2 years and last I heard he's been running that one lately.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I saw a black nochie whither yellow rims and yellow trim so ugly lol and a red fastback this guy was trying to sell to me lol it was a like 4k he wanted and it was so nasty I would have offered maybe 1300 lol I just walked away
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah I saw a black nochie whither yellow rims and yellow trim so ugly lol and a red fastback this guy was trying to sell to me lol it was a like 4k he wanted and it was so nasty I would have offered maybe 1300 lol I just walked away

Oh man! That black and Yellow one! Hahaha, I know that car! Lol, it is.... um... unique, hahaha.

I haven't seen the red fastback though... Huh.

Well, you have my number, hit me up sometime when you're going out there, we can go run the place.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well that's it then! I'm gonna go for it!!! Tommy and I are taking a drive down to check it out next Sunday. I can't wait!!! I will try to get pictures!

Hey Rob, I assume you are referring to the Kahines Euro tail lights. The one piece panel with the four LED lights, right? If so, then you have yourself a deal my friend! You want those new or used? You want the vette lights or the LED lights? We'll have to sort the details when the time comes.

I can't wait!!!!

Edit: These, right?

Yup thats it.

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
Yup thats it.

Awesome! You've got a deal!

Now I need:

-The GT
-Welding stuff
-Frame rails
-Patience
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THAT'S MY CAR!!!!!
I had dibs, I gave the guy my info and have been waiting for a call back for when I can pick it up....

I have an 84Se 4-speed you can give to your brother that runs and drives. the GT is mine mine mine :P LOL
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave the guy my info too we shall see who he calls first!!!!! Tell me more about this 84.......
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2012 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I gave the guy my info too we shall see who he calls first!!!!! Tell me more about this 84.......

Muwahahaha sory I picked it up tonite you both loose!!! ok ok just kiddin but I will if you dont hurry!
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Muwahahaha sory I picked it up tonite you both loose!!! ok ok just kiddin but I will if you dont hurry!

you don't need any more projects... :P lol

I sent another email today giving them all my phone numbers and email address. if it's a scam I am totally screwed now. hahaha
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gtxbullet

4162 posts
Member since Apr 2008

you have a PM
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone had any comunication with this guy? I think it a joke although it does look like a west bend home based on the lack of trees.....
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up guys?

Steve
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's up? Well, today, apparently snow.

I think though next weekend my Fiero will come out to play again
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

What's up? Well, today, apparently snow.

I think though next weekend my Fiero will come out to play again

Hahaha, uh... that'd be what's coming down, not what's up!

Lol, Looking forward to Sunday!!! Have a couple things to take care of today...
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahaha, uh... that'd be what's coming down, not what's up!

Lol, Looking forward to Sunday!!! Have a couple things to take care of today...

Go out side. Look up. What do you see?

Thought so. :P

Looking forward to Funday as well
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still around. once I get the motivation, I have a tranny ready to go in.

I plan on FINALLY ordering my collector plates early next week

going to be buying a house soon, so I've been busy with that kinda stuff lately
mickeyswing52

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mickeyswing52Send a Private Message to mickeyswing52Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys anyone need another car found this on Craigslist Milwaukee
http://milwaukee.craigslist.../cto/2836555568.html $325.00 For a 87GT Fastback.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock